“Excellent Value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Ibis Preston North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garstang Road, Preston PR3 5JE, England   |
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Preston
Midlands
“Excellent Value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed overnight and was very impressed at the quality of the room and the service for the price I paid. Bed was comfy and the room warm. I liked the walk in shower as I don't use a bath. The breakfast was particularly good compared to other types of hotels I have used on overnight business stays. Will definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: I had a room on the top floor and it was very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
Kings Lynn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed there before, very good budget hotel, friendly staff,m very clean, nice rooms, nice pub next door. Only problem was with the wifi.
Just under £10.00 for 24 hours, which was OK until I tried to use it.
Although in the small print it said it was via a French connection, I didn't realise that would affect my usage.
I wanted to watch the Cricket on Skygo, but couldn't. I tried to buy an item on line but couldn't and my bank cancelled my card as they (quite reasonably) thought that I couldn't get from Preston to France in less than 2 hours.

I rang their help line and they just said that it clearly said in the small print that it was French Connection.

I think the Hotel could and should have mentioned in their literature that the connection was through France and that there could be problems with UK connections.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Preston. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the WIFI. I would like to apologise for the issues you experienced. The WIFI we offer is ‘Orange France’ which can costs between 1.5 Euro and 10 Euro. The £9.99 is our broadband and movie package, which is connected straight to your laptop or via the TV.
Kind Regards, Beverley Derbyshire
Rhyl, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room was pre-paid by the company, but I was asked to pay a deposite of £1 on my debit card on arrival. No reasonable explanation was given for this by the staff. I saw other customers perplexed by this request as well.
Even though I had booked the internet special deal, accessing the internet was far from straight forward and the staff were not very helpfull. I was told to log on to an option that was going to charge me, but this would not be added to my bill, not that reassuring !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your comments, however I was disappointed to hear that you felt not all aspects of the hotels facilities ran smoothly. Please allow me to explain; the swipe of a credit card upon check in is a procedure we apply to all our guests; it gives you the ability to charge products to your room and provides the hotel with a form of ID. This is also a method to help prevent fraud, which is out lined on the terms and conditions when booking on line. This is not a charge and should not appear on your statement, I do apologise if this was not explained to you clearly. I hope you will give us the opportunity in the future to provide you with a genuine hassle free experience.

Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
Sleaford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Good situation, easy check in and a good sized room. All the staff were polite and helpful and I think for the price we paid, it represented good value. We never ate there, so can't comment. However, there is a large restaurant next door which I'd recommend.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Preston North I look forward to your next visit. Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
Goostrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Never stayed at an IBIS before, and was a little worried about what £27.90 would get me, but had a wonderful stay.

Quick, efficient check-in by young, friendly staff.
Room large, clean, with sofa, writing desk and extremely comfortable bed.
Bathroom large with strong water pressure in shower.
Didn't hear any noise, and had best night's sleep in ages.

Only gripes were that picture quality of TV could have been better, and an iron and ironing board in room would have been preferable to having to trudge to an "ironing room".

Apart from that very happy, would stay again and crucially would have been happy even if I'd paid more.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Preston North. Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire

Been to Ibis Preston North? Share your experiences!