“January 2012 in Preston” 3 of 5 stars

Ibis Preston North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garstang Road, Preston PR3 5JE, England   |
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Preston
A TripAdvisor Member
“January 2012 in Preston”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

The hotel is well situated adjacent to the M6 and the M55 and perfect if you need to be in the Preston / Blackpool area of Lancashire. The hotel is smart, modern and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpfull. Negatives: if your room is on the M55 side of the hotel the noise from the motorway precludes opening the windows for fresh air; the cafe / bar is over priced with a poor selection of beers and food that only just reaches an acceptable level.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to at Ibis Preston. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we have noted your comments about the restaurant service. Kind Regards, Beverley Derbyshire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

we have stayed at this hotel meany times over the last 4 years and have always been happy with the service. The rooms are always clean and tidy and good value for money.
On thursday 29th Dec we were down at 8.45 am for breakfast and were first in the resturant but within 30minutes almost every guest in the hotel arrived for breakfast very few of them checked in only sitting down with the result that the staff were run off their feet keeping the food toped up and clearing tables. there were a few guests complaining but i can only say that they should have waited to be seated and it would have gone more smoothly for them, we did enjoy our breakfast and stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in our hotel. The morning of the 29th was indeed a very busy morning and I am pleased that the breakfast was still enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back at Ibis Preston. Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

For customers like myself who need an accessable room this hotel was exceptional,Hotels often label any old room as disabled friendly.To give you an idea it included grab rails.walkin or sit down shower,large numbered phone,no steps out of bathroom and so on.The room was close to reception.For those reading this who do not require a disabled room believe you me this was perfection.
Turning now to other good things about this Hotel,the staff are welcoming helpful.Reception is brief.The Hotel gleams with cleanliness.
Bar a bit low on stock.Maybe they had a good weekend.
For Business,pleasure it is hard to find anywhere better.

Room Tip: The only place to stay in Preston.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Preston and look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Beverley Derbyshire
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

This is the third time we have stayed at this Hotel,very handy for the Motor Way links.Staff have always been friendly and helpful.Rooms are clean and comfy,must admit I like the shower room power showers.Given the closness of the Motor Way there is very little in the way of noise in the rooms.Will stay here in the future when traveling south.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, November 24, 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Booked this hotel for one night as I was attending a wedding a few miles down the road at Bartle Hall and this was recommended on the invitation.

Unfortunately I was running late for the wedding when I arrived to check in (which ended up being to my detriment) but the staff member on reception was friendly. I did feel sorry for him a little as he seemed quite new to the job and had no support. Ordinarily I am always keen to be that little bit patient when soemone is new to a job but I asked if I could have a room close to the reception because I was running late. Needless to say I got a room (#317) on the top floor at the far end of the building........never mind, bags dumped in the room and off i trot to my wedding.

On returning to the hotel at about 1-2am I find the loudest generator noise coming from the ceiling which sounded like 5 dull vacuum cleaners all going off above my head at once. After attempts at trying to get to sleep I rang reception to ask for the generator to be switched off. The lady on duty openly admitted that the hotel had a known ongoing problem with 'something' causing a loud noise but was unable to turn the generator off.

I was offered an alternative room on the first floor which I would have ordinarily accepted but given the time of night and the fact that I would have to pack all my stuff up and get dressed I said I would keep the room and address the situation in the morning with the manager.

The room other than that was basic but very clean and tidy as was the bathroom so no complaints there. After a turmulous night sleep I was offered a £10 discount off my room which I hurridly accepted, paid my bill and went home to bed to catch up on my sleep.

The whole experience was reasonably friendly but I do have concerns as to the following
1. The problem with the noise was known to the hotel and there had been complaints previously but they continue to book people into the rooms that are affected

2. From information provided by the night staff, the only reason I could be offered another room was because there had been a cancellation, had the hotel been full - an alternative would not have been available.

At the end of the day I paid £36 for a room which the hotel knew had a problem but continued to book guests into. This is a practice I do not like - shame because otherwise the room was very good for the price (full) and staff helpful.

If you book this hotel ask for a room not on the 3rd floor!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis Preston North. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and I am currently investigating the matter.

Kind Regards

Beverley Derbyshire
Bridgend, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed the night of 16.11.11 along with my husband at Ibis North Preston for one night. We arrived at 9pm to collect our room key, as needed to make further journey and didn't look at the room until we returned at 11pm. The room had already been booked and paid for by a family member prior to us arriving.

The following are our concerns:- 1, a very strong smell of paint (chocking) in corridor outside bedroom, 2, room was very cold and heating was off, 3, no cover on duvet, 4, plastic glasses broke on contact, 5 no waste bin, 6, throughout most of night generator kept us awake 7, 7.50am builders were hammering in adjacent rooms. 8, the toilet took forever to refill 9, dispute the fact the room was already paid for, the hotel insisted keeping our card details after we left, even thought on arrival we advised we would require no extras. In the morning reception refused to void the details until the cleaners had inspected the room.

We have since complained and received a very dismissive reply. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Beverley1182, Manager at Ibis Preston North, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Thank you for your comments, however I was disappointed to hear that your stay did not run smoothly, Please allow me to explain; the swipe of a credit card upon check in is a procedure we apply to all our guests; it gives you the ability to charge products to your room and provides the hotel with a form of ID. We are currently undergoing a refurbishment of the hotel as we continually strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable experience. The waste paper bin can be found in the bath room and the heaters are activated by your room key when placed in the panel as you enter the room, my apologies if this was not explained to you clearly. I would like to confirm that the duvet in your room was accompanied with a cover; however this is white and may have appeared to be not present, apologies. I hope in the future you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a hassle free experience and if in the future a problem does occur, we do provide 24 hour reception service to cater to your every need.
Kind Regards

Beverley Derbyshire

Been to Ibis Preston North? Share your experiences!