“Excellent Service and Food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
lancashire
“Excellent Service and Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Had the two for ten pound offer at lunchtime on the 6th February, amazing value!! The food was all freshly cooked and decent portions.
The female manager/ waitress was a gem, helpful, polite and obliging.

Preston, United Kingdom
“Absolutely delicious! A must visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We visited The Sparling on a Monday evening (2 adults, 1x4 year old and 1x6 month old). From the moment we walked in we were spoilt by excellent service. The Owner (or Restaurant Manager) could not do enough for us and provided us with various menus including set menus all of which had an amazing range of delicious meals. We chose the main menu so slightly more expensive. I had the Thai fishcakes for starters and the Goosnargh duck breast for main! Both perfectly seasoned, flavoured, cooked and presented. My husband had the pate and lamb. Again perfect. Our eldest daughter had sausage, mash and beans from the 'Little People Menu.' (nice touch). 2 whopping sausages and very tastey. She then had the fruit platter to follow, again great. We then decided to have the desert to share and were provided with scrummy and super tastey deserts to eat. Not only was the wine great but so was the food and the service. We will be making a lot more visits to the Sparling and have told all our friends about the place! Thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancashire
“Wonderful food, wonderful service!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our grandparents had booked a table for 24 people and we all had sunday lunch. Firstly the staff were friendly and catered to every need. The first was lovely and you cannot moan at the price it is for sunday lunch! I had goats cheese pannacotta which was lovely maybe a little bit too much for a starter portion but that is not a fault just had to share it with my other half!

I then had roast beef which was served rare and only if you ask then you get it cooked more. This was brilliant and I was so impressed as I hate over cooked meat. The yorkshire pudding was homemade, the vegeatables on my plate were a good selection and the portion was a very good size.

It was brilliant and for the cost of sunday lunch just try it!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Preston
“Very disappointing...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My starter was OK at best.
My main course - the steak was tough and tasteless. The chips did not seem cooked properly and were cold.
The dessert was nice although it was very small.
Staff were reasonably good.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gill T, Owner at The Sparling, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Lee M

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies for your experience at my restaurant.

As you can see from all other previous reviews this is certainly not our normal standard and I take onboard your comments which I have shared with the team.

Could I please ask that you contact me directly to discuss this further so i can get a much better understanding of the issues raised and then hopefully I can restore your faith in The Sparling Restaurant and Bar

Regards
Neal Tripp
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

3pm and still able to have lunch! Lovely people , very helpful. Toilets superb. Two courses for £10. The beer battered whiting was brilliant. Our waiter was great. My wife said "I'm not really into fish". Waiter, " if you don't like it I will change it, it is a super fillet". He was right, it was and she ate it. Will go again.

• Visited January 2013