“VERY GOOD - CONSISTENT WITH PREMIER INN BRAND” 4 of 5 stars

Rooms from £56
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Preston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
UK
“VERY GOOD - CONSISTENT WITH PREMIER INN BRAND”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nice check in - helpful staff, assisting with the new, automated check-in machines.

Room was typical clean and comfy with nice bathroom and lovely bed.

Restaurant for evening meal and breakfast was very good - tasty food and good service.

Another up to the mark - nice one!

Only 2x pictures as memory card corrupted :(

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed here on business for one night. On checking in, I asked for a quiet room away from the traffic noise. After several minutes scanning lists of supposedly quiet rooms, the Receptionist gave me room 520. Trekked up to the 5th floor, looked out of the window and discovered I was over-looking a major junction on the ring road! Prob the worst location to be. Tried to ring Reception but nothing on the phone or desk to indicate what number to ring. Finally found a card on the bed with an 0871 number that costs 10p per min to call ! Ended up having to trek back down to Reception with all my luggage and tell them which corridor/side of the hotel I wanted to be on. How can the staff on Reception not know the layout of their hotel & which are the quiet rooms? The Receptionist also tried to make out the room hadn't been paid for when it was obviously a corporate booking made via a Travel Agents. Oh, and my room key stopped working. ..

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Preston Central Premier Inn, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important as it enables us to improve standards. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff. The room was spotlessly clean and very spacious. We had a very comfortable sleep. The food and restaurant staff were lovely. Its a great offer with evening meal and breakfast include. Don't need much more than that for a shopping trip!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The location was ideal for the shops and nightlife yet we weren't kept awake by nightlife when we did go back to hotel. As expected the decor and comfort of the room was good. The lighting for putting make up on was better than usual in these types of hotels. Only issue with the room was it did smell of cigarette smoke which was unexpected and disappointing, it was a no smoking room and obviously the previous customer had smoked and I'm not sure what the hotel can do about that. They were full and couldn't change us rooms. Maybe people not smoking in non smoking rooms would help.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here last year and came on business again the hotel as always fantastic. I was glad to see azmeena there again who checked me in with such ease she is an asset to premier inn. Her mannerism with guests is impeccable and genuinely loves the job. She remembered me and welcomed me back and even gave me extra tea n cofee before I went to my room this is spot on and what I call customer service

She did recommend the restaraunt on site as it was a new menu and the food is amazing. The chicken burger was to die for and starters amazing. Premier inn have finally made a move in the right direction with this restaruant

Again clean rooms amazing food n great service

I will defo be back

Room Tip: Overlooking car park
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PeterHinde, General Manager at Preston Central Premier Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Johnnybravo_12,

Thank you for your recent review and also for choosing to stay with us once again. Azmina has obviously had a lasting impression on you and for all the qualities Premier Inn look for in their team members. I am really pleased you felt the service given by her was impeccable and spot on.
I am also pleased to learn you found our Thyme restaurant with the new menu is a step in the right direction serving you amazing food and a chicken burger to die for.

Until your next visit, Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times in the past 12 months. I've always found the staff friendly and accommodating, the rooms are a great size, the biggest I've seen at a Premier Inn. The location is great for the train station, shopping, pubs and Avenham park where I often participate in the local Parkrun.
The only drawback is the noise, not so much the noise from outside as the double glazing is very good but more of the internal noise from other guests. The doors seem to slam very loud which is most annoying and inconsiderate of other guests. I’m also not a fan of people feeling the need to smoke right outside the main entrance, the smell of the smoke drifts into the lift area and is most unpleasant for a non smoker like myself. I can’t really fault the hotel for this but I think more effort could be made to make people smoke away from the entrance. I do wonder if the hinges on the doors couldn’t be better to stop people slamming the doors so hard?
I also found the air conditioning unit quite hard to fathom, it was too noisy outside to leave the window open so opted for the air con but wasn't able to get it to come on.

Room Tip: Away from the lifts seems to be less noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PeterHinde, General Manager at Preston Central Premier Inn, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear dwightjd,

Firstly Thank You for your recent review on Preston Central and secondly for choosing to stay with us time and time again. We really do value your custom and also your feedback. May I take this opportunity to apologise for the issues you have highlighted and to assure you that we take all feedback on board.
Our designated smoking point is in fact under the building just to the right of the main entrance that provides shelter and also has an ashbin to discard cigarette ends. With regards to the doors slamming, all our doors are designed to close behind you both for security and fire safety. Housekeeping monitor slamming doors and report any doors that slam excessively to our in house maintenance.
Any problems with the air conditioning and room temperature please just speak to a member of the reception team who will be more than happy to assist.

Until your next visit Thank you once again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Many Thanks
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

best of both worlds i'm affraid. food in the restaurant is the best from a premier inn that I have tasted. I had gammon steak, my wife a sirloin, the triple fried chips and house slaw, onion rings and salad and have to say we didn't leave a bit. When we stay at these hotels we usually eat out but decided to give them another go and wasn't disappointed. the room was large, clean and tidy however I don't know if we were near an extraction system as there was a noise for most of the night. Location of this hotel is excellent but parking costs £10, bit of a nightmare.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ian246,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to ensure you had a good nights sleep.
At Premier Inn we want all our guests to leave feeling brilliant and I am truly sorry that we did not achieve this.
On the contrary I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your meal with us in our onsite Thyme Restaurant and is the best meal you have had by far in all the Premier Inn's you have stayed in.
If you choose to stay with us again at Preston Central please give us a call prior to your arrival and we will arrange a quieter room for you.

Once again thank you for your review.

Yours Sincerely
Peter

Been to Preston Central Premier Inn? Share your experiences!