“Best hotel for business travellers in Preston” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Garstang Road, Barton, Preston PR3 5AA, England   |
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Preston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woking
“Best hotel for business travellers in Preston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

I have been staying at the Barton Grange Hotel for several weeks now and cannot fault it. As a seasoned business traveller I have encountered many hotels in the country and I have to say this is the best. The staff are very friendly and helpful, the rooms are excellent with free wi-fi and Sky sports and the restaurant is very good. There is a small gym, sauna and swimming pool with towels and water cooler. They seem to understand the importance of the little details and I am always noticing some new nice 'touches'. The first that strikes you when you check -in is the informal reception area (usually with a bowl of assorted sweets!).
My first night in the hotel was spent in the Annex which is not quite as nice as the hotel main building and you have to walk across the car park for breakfast. However, the annex appears to be used only as an overflow at busy times.
All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I have done already to many of my collegues. I have never felt moved to write a review on a hotel before but I thought I'd like to share what is really a gem.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
england
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

booked to stay four nights on being shown the room in the annex which we had been assured were king sized beds found out they were not (we have king sized at home) so do know the difference.The staff were lovely very helpful we also stayed here one night last year and did find the room very gloomy as was the annex.The food in the walled garden is wonderful the breakfast was very good the staff great it is such a shame about the beds and room's

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

I only wish I could have spent more time in the hotel, I arrived late at night but received a warm and pleasant welcome. After a comfortable night I took breakfast, attended to by courteous and attentive staff. The hotel is easy to find and is well situated in its own pleasant gardens.....................all in all a short but enjoyable stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

I stayed with my husband on Saturday 26 March, attending a dinner dance. Our room was in the newest part of the hotel and was lovely. We were extremely surprised at all the nice touches such as the iron and ironing board. The room was quiet, and the bed very comfortable. My husband used the pool and jacuzzi (I had forgotten my swimsuit and sadly the hotel only sells them - doesn't hire them which is the only little niggle I had). The food at the dinner dance was super. Breakfast was good if you want full English but I was a little disappointed that the fruit selection was tinned. There was fresh fruit available. As we live in Blackpool, which is only just up the road, we wouldn't normally stay so near to home - but we were very glad we did!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Uttoxeter
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

I stayed here for 2 nights, no complaints at all. Very clean, friendly and spacious, with fabulous food and service. I would stay again on business or leisure. Overall amazing service and room for only £79 per night! I booked over the phone and was immediately e-mailed confirmation letters and information on the hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Suffolk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2009

Good receptionists, excellent restaurant and a general quality feel in a medium sized quality hotel. There is little, if any, competition in the area.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

Superb hotel, restaurants are excellent. There is a great restaurant opposite the hotel, an Itlaian I think. The garden centre area has now been turned into a landscaped garden, and one other little tip (please don't share it with too many people, you'll see why!) is the secrfet garden. Facing towards the main entrance, you walk around the left hand side of the hotel, down the side and you can see a small archway. Through here is.................. well, I'll let you find out!

• Liked — Great bedrooms, close to Preston Lancaster and M6/M55
  • Disliked — NOWT!
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Barton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!