“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Preston
Lancasater
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were very impressed with this hotel. i made my booking through booking.com and within 5 mins of me booking I had a phone call from Catherine at Barton Grange to discuss the room I had booked. Whe we arrived at the hotel Geraldine, the Receptioist on duty, very kindly showed me 2 different rooms that were avaible to allow me to choose the room I liked best ( this was a surporse booking for my partner's birthday )

The room I chose was lovely and of a very high standard with a wonderfully comfortable bed and we had a great nights sleep.

All the staff were very helpful; I cant fault this hotel at all. There was ever a birthday card in the room for my partner, which was a lovely touch.

Lovely stay, and we will return.

Room Tip: Room 3 was lovely/
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The hotel is lovely, our room was spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable and huge. All the fixtures and fittings were of a high standard and looked new. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, customer service was excellent. Our evening meal in the walled garden restaurant was delicious! Breakfast was excellent, everything was fresh, high quality and cooked to order. Really enjoyed our stay, just wish it was for longer.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

On arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful, the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The food was excellent and I have to say as a business traveller most of the time this hotel has without doubt the best breakfast bar none! Restaurant staff were great too.

Criticisms - too hot in the rooms and the fan provided was a little noisy.

The receptionist wrote down my card details which really is a faux par as this should never be asked for or done as too easy to be used fraudulently so don't agree to it. Barton please take note you really need to tighten this up, take a pre-authorisation on a card machine,

York, Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a great space to stay at, a lovely pool, a good gym.

The restaurant was very good with a very nice evening meal. Although the service was a little indifferent and not overly attentive the rack of lamb made up for this.

The pool was quiet and just the right temperature, I'll definitely stay again

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very helpful staff,from the minute we arrived until we left despite the fact we had problems with room lighting late at night. The room was very well equiped especially the bathroom for disabled. The restaurant had a very pleasant atmosphere and the food was excellent and extremely good value. Easy to find and would suggest a visit to their garden centre nearby

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I travel throughout the uk on business and stay in hotels 3/4 times a week and this is by fat the best run, friendliest, cleanest hotel I have stayed in over the years. I think the top ranks within some of the big chains should visit this place to see how it really should be done. The staff, and I mean all of them, not just the odd one, are fantastic, polite, helpful, professional and are a credit to this hotel. The rooms are immaculate, stylish, modern, and extremely comfortable. I wish I had to visit this area more often, if your in the area and looking for a hotel.....look no further.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Sussex UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We've stayed here twice, and on both occasions we've had a lovely time. The staff are very attentive and polite. The restaurant and food are particularly good. The hotel is in an easy to find location and the rooms are well equipped.
My only criticism is one that can be applied to many hotels - check whether there is a wedding reception at the hotel during your stay, and if possible avoid staying there if there is. The effect that these events have on the rest of the hotel guests can sometimes spoil a good nights sleep. It seems that Barton Grange hold quite a few wedding receptions. On both occasions that we stayed here there were wedding events and on both occasions the quality of our nights sleep was compromised because of this. Apart from that, this is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Barton Grange Hotel? Share your experiences!