“It was fine” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Preston, United Kingdom
“It was fine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Ten of us went for our office Christmas lunch, we were invited to take our time in the bar next door , owned by the restauarant, when called we were well looked after, the food was fine , as was the wine , The service was friendly and reasonably speedy. No complaints

• 4 of 5 stars Food

64% Recommend
Preston, United Kingdom
“Pleasant experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went for lunch and opted for the set priced menu (2 courses) excellent choice and variety. Although lots of xmas parties service was good. Not massive portions but sufficent for lunchtime.Will go again and take hubbie

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A very good value work Christmas party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I always view the office christmas party with some trepidation. The quality of venue, food and service is usually a reflection of the price paid and the difficulty of coping with a large number of (inebriated) guests. Angelo's was therefore a fairly pleasant surprise. While my soup was a touch bland the spicy chicken that followed was excellent. And the staff coped admirably with my colleagues who had apparently forgotten what they ordered! Given my experiences I would be like to give Angelo's a try on a 'normal' day.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Preston
“Nice, but a little over priced.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband took me for my birthday not long after opening. The food was very tasty, but at the time over £60 for a 3 course meal & drinks was a little excessive, especially considering the portion sizes. I've had equally good meals elsewhere for half the price, but there is no disputing the food is lovely and the atmosphere was nice. I have heard recently that the prices have increased which has put me off going back as we found it fairly expensive last time.

Leyland, United Kingdom
“Super Birthday Night out.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Should really give it 5 but service a little slow due to Busy Night.

I have been once before with a friend and we sort of wanted Tapas but had had a bad experience at Pond so decided on having 5 starters between the two of us and had a lovely time so Returned for our Main courses this time.
Busy Friday evening and the only slight let down was we did wait a little for service but fair enough it was Very busy and whilst 3 women gabbing we hardly noticed the wait. Starters where lovely although I would have prefered the pork belly at little more crispy but that is more down to my preference and it was like that last time now I think of it and I could have asked for it to be well done. I will next time as the sauce is delicious. All of us had lovely main courses but only I had pudding (well it was my Birthday!) which must have been good as my friends also tucked in. Super Night. Will Return. Nice Atmoshere, Amazing Value for money!

• Visited October 2012