“Really lovely Indian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian, Asian fusion, Pakistani, Halal
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Lancashire
“Really lovely Indian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have eaten takeaway from this place before, and it really was the best quality I have ever had.
So I had high expectations for my dining in experience. The food is of a high standard and a little more modern than your average Indian restaurant. The service was polite and unobtrusive. My only criticism is that we weren't given hot plates or warmers to keep the food hot, this slightly took the edge off the enjoyment but otherwise it was genuinely very good. I'd definitely recommend it. I couldn't help but think a nice cold cider would have gone down a treat with my lamb bhuna, but as it's an entirely no alcohol establishment that wasn't on the cards. It won't stop me from going back though. Sooner rather than later!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Been eating regularly at Bukhara for years - consistently Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I live in a town with numerous Indian restaurants and take aways, but never eat there. Instead I choose to drive a 24 mile round trip to eat at my favourite Indian restaurant. I have never been disappointed. The menu is varied and not the usual. Handi Gosht Laziz is to die for. The quality and presentation is second to none. Converted many a friend - who now travel from Manchester to eat there. Great food, great value, great restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Preston, Lancs
“Didn't live up to expectations.........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Visited on Wednesday evening and the place was almost full downstairs. We ordered drinks and were left to peruse the menu. Popadoms and chutneys were ok. I asked if I could have a mixed Karahi (not on the menu) which they duly obliged and came with beef, lamb and 3 king prawns. My friends had a chicken karahi and chicken dopiaza accompanied by chips, rice and garlic naan.
The meal was OK, nothing special in our opinions and came to just short of £45 with 4 soft drinks. I did expect to be charged a little more for my mixed karahi but I was shocked to find I had been charged an extra £4 for my 3 king prawns........
Wont be visiting again anytime soon........

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
lancashire
“Must go back soon - not your average Indian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Quality indian food prepared with thought - my partner enjoyed massive king prawn starter and they were certainly majestic. Excellent quality food no alcohol served here though that isnt a problem as they have an excellent selection of non alcoholic drinks. Lovely food well presented and thought out and excellent service. e will be back soon.

PRESTON
“Fantastic food and great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and I brought our 2 daughters ( aged 9 and 6) and mother in law here for a family meal on a busy Saturday night. The children's menu is excellent either a mild curry and/ or rice or the usual nuggets and fish fingers etc... Both girls loved it! The poppodoms, roti's and naan breads were gorgeous, as was the Thai mango salad (so fresh) and the Karahi chicken and biryani. The staff are really attentive and very friendly.. Can't recommend it highly enough

• Visited January 2013