“Expensive” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Use to be very good, last two times the food seemed to have gone down hill, considering the price disapointing

Visited October 2011

Blackpool, United Kingdom
“nice stop inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

great meal passing through, very enjoyable would visit again, nice size portions, good value for money recommended place to eat x

Visited May 2012
freckleton
“good food and service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The service was very good, but we were only 2 out of 4 customers, so good service was to be expected.
My only gripe is that I asked if they use MSG ( monosodium Glutamate) which most chines use as its a flavour enhanser, they said yes and I asked if they could leave it off my food as ime intolerant to it, they said they would ,but within 20 minutes of eating the meal I spent the whole of the rest of the evening in the bathroom. so I suggest that if you are intolerant or alergic to msg then make sure you ask and insist that they do not add it to your food.Its quite easy to leave it out as it comes in a fine crystal form.

Visited February 2012
Preston, United Kingdom
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This used to be our favourite Chinese in Preston and the only place to get good Dim Sum here without making it ourselves. We had not been for a while however and after finishing work and not in the mood to cook we decided to visit again.

On entry we noticed the layout of the whole restaurant had changed and extremely loud music was coming from the back of the restaurant. We were seated at the very front so this did not affect us unless the door, to what we discovered was a karaoke room, was opened. As we were the only other people in the place we were that put out by this. Our order was taken fairly quickly and on a whole our service was quite good.

The food however is a different story my crab meat and sweetcorn was like something scrapped out the bottom of the pot with maybe 5 pieces of mashed up sweetcorn and a few pieces of crab meat my Wife's Won Ton soup was like someone poured a full bag of pepper in, after complaining to a very apologetic waitress this was very quickly changed and within minutes a 'newly made' soup was brought out, as it had taken 10 minutes to bring the first one out I have my doubts but it did taste better. Then came the Dim Sum, each dumpling disturbingly tasting different to the next even though they were supposed to be the same thing. Final came the dry over cooked and without plenty of soy sauce, completely tasteless 3 roasties, a past favourite and after the Dim Sum a reason to visit.

Overall I am assuming since our last visit the past owners have sold the place or they have completely given up on maintaining any sort of standard.
Will not be returning again which is a great shame.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
preston
“Family Birthday Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

The food is very good and staff friendly and helpful, would recommend for a meal with family and friends

Visited January 2012