“Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Solihull
Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast
You added Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Barston Lane | Barston, Solihull B92 0JN, England   |
Ranked #5 of 45 Solihull B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Zurich, Switzerland
“Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The Gatehouse B & B is located close to Birmingham International airport, the NEC, and enjoys ease of access to Birmingham city. I have stayed with the Gatehouse owners for short and long stays, and I have always had a good night sleep. The off road secure parking is great and the welcomes and efforts put into preparing for the comfort of the guests is remarkable. The area is on a quiet road, but is within 5 minutes walking distance to establishments like restaurants and pubs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jane E, Owner at Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments.
Best wishes, John & Jane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Paignton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I came away for a little stay at a very diffcult time for me as I recently lost my mother- I could not have wished for a more special place to stay! The house is stunning, the room was 5star and the breakfast was second to none. I have stayed in a lot of places all around the world and the food and accomodation at the Gatehouse stands up to any of them. The Gatehouse manages to combine both luxury (the house and grounds have a true wow! factor) and a real home from home feel - quite an amazing thing to pull off. This is due in no small part to the great hosting of John and Jane, They gave me a real 'our home is your home' feel and Jane expecially was a joy to chat with and was most kind and supporting in regards to my recent loss. Cannot recommend the Gatehouse enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Jane E, Owner at Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you Andrew for your kind remarks. Hope you are feeling a little better.
Best wishes, John & Jane.
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Super room. Great breakfast. Kind hosts. Fabulous value. I highly recommend this B&B. I wanted somewhere relatively cheap to stay for one night. I was surprised at the beautiful location. I got so much more than I was expecting!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jane E, Owner at Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Monmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

The house and gardens far exceeded expectations, they are both immaculate. The breakfast was just about perfect. Jane and John are a lovely couple, most hospitable and Jane 'went the extra mile' in more ways than one! They had booked us a taxi to take us to a wedding, the taxi was late, so Jane jumped in her car and took us herself! I would heartily recommend this B&B and would not hesitate to stay there again

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jane E, Owner at Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for staying with us Gina, glad you had a good weekend and were in
time for the wedding.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Beautiful home and grounds with a warm welcome from the owners. Excellent breakfast and good pub/restaurant in walking distance. Easy access to Birmingham city via train station and short drive to NEC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you again.
Conwy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The hosts were very welcoming to their lovely rural home. Rooms are accessed by a very grand staircase and the one I stayed in large, comfortably furnished, and very quiet.

Breakfast was great and was a good start to my day.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jane E, Owner at Gatehouse Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us Michael, glad you enjoyed your visit and hopefully see you again.
Regards,
John and Jane
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I am not surprised by the glowing testimony of all their reviews. Jane and John go that extra league not just mile for their guests. What with John ensuring I could drive in the morning by deicing my windscreen and Jane ensuring I ate at lunchtime by making me sandwiches each day. I arrived 'home' to find my bedroom lamps on and all my furniture and clothing magically neatly titied in such a welcoming and inviting way. It really was home away from home and because I couldn't face going out to dinner in the evening I was welcomed to reheat dinner each evening for which I was very grateful.
I would advise ANYONE working or visiting the area to spurn the usual hotels and come and be pampered by the kindest most thoughtful hosts who are litterally 10 minutes drive from the NEC.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in one and it was just perfect with 2 arm chairs and very welcoming and comfort...