“First impressions deceive and then the amazing did arrives!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 216 Restaurants in Solihull
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Welcome to the... 'Best kept secret in Solihull. At the Delhi we strive to provide a unique experience in eating, bringing you authentic Indian cuisine, reliving the days of the Old East and embracing the new flavours of the West. Our success is testimony to the exquisite presentation of our food, which is meticulously prepared by AWARD WINNING CHEFS in our OPEN KITCHEN using only the freshest of ingredients. Whether you eat in, take out or use our FREE delivery service, we hope it is an experience you will long remember and visit us again and again.
“First impressions deceive and then the amazing did arrives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This has to be easily some of the best Indian style food that I've ever eaten. Simply delicious. Our crowd of 12 recent Swansea escapees were staggered in the best possible way by the waves of mixed starters and the sumptuous main courses. Do try and get to this place.

My only negative is that the downstairs loo could be better served with hot reliable water.

Birmingham
“Came here on a deal and enjoyed the experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Finding somewhere to park nearby wasn't easy and unless you knew the restaurant was there you would think is was just an Indian takeaway. The restaurant is upstairs and is warm and comfortable. The service was friendly and attentive but not intrusive. Many dishes were as you would expect in an Indian restaurant but there were also some diffent dishes too. I had a channa dish in a purri to start which was tasty but the bread was too much for a starter. My main was Lamb chops with aubergine and tomato, very tasty. Other than icecream there were no deserts. Sadly they don't open until 5:00pm and are not open for lunch. Although we were there on a deal I did notice the prices were very reasonable. I would go back

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Solihull
“Another good night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Delhi is normally famous for its takeaways of which we have tried many times, but its small restaurant upstairs is really very good. We have visited many times and the food and service is generally very good. The staff are very friendly and professional. If I had to criticise it would only be about the wine. There is not much selection and the Indian wine (Soul Tree) which they promote is not good at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Solihull, United Kingdom
“No Delhi Belly here ;0)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

No Delhi Belly here, just great food, great service and value for money?! as churchill would say "OHHHH YES".
After reading the wonderful reviews on trip advisor I was straight on the phone to see if they had a table free for this evening, and there was no answer....... but, a very polite message was on the other end requesting I leave my name, contact details and reservation request. So with this done sure enough within the hour I had my phone call returned and my booking confirmed. We arrived at The Delhi greeted by friendly staff and shown to our table, The ambience was lovely it was cosy warm and welcoming. The staff couldnt do enough for us making sure we wanted for nothing from our arrival until our departure. The food was out of this world with plenty of advice on hand if you werent sure what dish to try. If you havent been here before it is a must but make sure you book to void dissapointment It really would be a crime to miss this. We shall be back.!!!!

Solihull
“The Delhi Cookery Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had a great 3 hours with the owner, Maz, who took me through the art of cooking two dishes, a spicy chicken korma and a spicy lamb and spinach. Although I have been cooking curries for almost 50 years, he taught me a number of things I never new, We ate what we had cooked and both dishes, along with the pilau rice were fantastic. Can't wait to go back soon for dinner there!!!