“Great location and friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Solihull
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sheffield
“Great location and friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here whilst visiting some friends in the area, the location is excellent,! Across the road is the shopping centre with an array of shops and restaurants and even a cinema.
The hotel itself is nice but slightly date. The executive room was a good size, but had a few dirty items such as cups and glasses which were promptly exchanged.
The breakfast was great and there was plenty of choice, the staff at breakfast were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Go for an executive room with a fountain view :)
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Edwina B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Solihull, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday inn Solihull.

I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here.

I was sorry to read that you found dirty glasswear and crockery in your room and this is being followed up by our Housekeeper.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we hope to welcome you back to the Holiday inn Solihull in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Recently stayed here due to heavy snow and found the accommodation to be clean and well proportioned. Not a tired holiday inn like many. Used room service and food was delivered promptly and to a good standard

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Solihull.

I was delighted to read that you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you found our room service to be of a good standard.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we hope to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Solihull in the future.

Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have used this hotel a number of times when on business in Birmingham and the NEC. It is in an excellent location for both Birmingham City centre and is only 10 minutes from the NEC. The hotel itself is modern, clean and has its own sports centre (complimentary for guests) with a great gym and swimming pool. The breakfasts are OK with a small but good quality selection, though they need to serve proper coffee, not the frothy stuff from a machine.
Across the road you can access a good indoor shopping mall with some great stores including John Lewis, and there are over 100 restaurants to choose from within the vicinity. The town centre has all the great high street names and is a good upmarket shopping environment all within 10 minutes walk of the hotel.
The staff are pleasant and helpful, and the hotel has a great relaxed atmosphere. There is a car perk on site though they charge 5 pounds per day to park in addition to the room rate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that you found our hotel to be comfortable and our team helpful.

With regard to our coffee, I believe you had a Cappuccino. I am sorry we did not offer our selection of coffees which includes Latte, Americano and Cafe au Lait.

Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Solihull in the future.

Hastings
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Used this hotel a couple of times when visiting the NEC.

It has ample parking and is is well located opposite the shopping mall of central Solihull which contains the usual choice of chain food restaurants and a mutiplex cinema.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I was pleased to read that you found our location and car parking well located and convenient.

Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have just spent two nights at this hotel. It suited our purpose very well: central location for business district and Touchwood shopping precinct, car parking right by the hotel, room booked the previous day.It was warm and comfortable and I slept soundly. The lighting in the bathroom was good. I enjoyed the leisure club, also warm, with a nicely eucalyptus fragranced steam room.Staff were welcoming, and remembered to use my name, which was impressive. Downsides? Hospitality tray was very basic, toiletries similarly simple, just generic soap, shower gel and shampoo. The furnishings were adequate rather than boutique standard, absolutely fine as I expect most of their guests are there fairly briefly for work rather than leisure, judging by the very small number of guests in Monday breakfast.We enjoyed both the breakfasts we had, and someone wishing to have a substantial meal would have had plenty of scope. Overall, a pleasant stay, though I did think it was on the expensive side. We ate in the Touchwood restauarants, across the way, so cannot comment on the dining experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Edwina B, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Solihull, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Millie

I am pleased to read that you found our hotel comfortable and our team to be helpful throughout your stay.

I have noted your comments regarding our hospitality tray and toiletries, I am sorry you felt they were basic.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Solihull in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I spent two weeks on business at this hotel. I upgraded to the executive room which was much better than the regular room I stayed in last time. It had newer carpet, updated linens, and a mini fridge. The tv is still a tube with limited amount of channels, but I believe that is being upgraded as well. I had such an outstanding stay. The staff was so courteous and helpful. I locked myself out of my room twice, and I received help immediately (while ensuring my and the hotel guests' safety). Room service is very quick and good quality. The breakfast (albeit somewhat pricey) was very good and service wonderful. The bar is fun and has good food too. The gym and spa, while the equipment is a tad old, was huge and worked well. They even had a studio which was great for my yoga. This hotel is in a fantastic location with tons of shopping and dining within walking distance. The train station is also within walking distance which was great for day trips. Cab fare to the Birmingham airport was only 10 pounds. The only downside of this hotel is the fee for internet. 60 pounds for 7 days is highway robbery. 15 pounds for 24 hours is ridiculous. If the internet was top notch then I wouldn't complain as much, and don't get me wrong, it was sufficient, just really really expensive. I will stay here everytime I'm in Birmgham, the staff is so great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Martin W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Solihull, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent two week stay at the Holiday Inn Solihull

I was delighted to read that you were made to feel so welcome and were well looked after by our team. Thank you also for your kind comments concerning the facilities we offer. I am sorry that you missed the changeover to the new televisions; this must have taken place just after your departure.

Unfortunately our Wi-Fi, and the technical support for this service, is provided by an external company therefore it is necessary to charge our guests for using their services.

Martin Woods
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel tired and wounded, reached the reception desk and was overwhelmed with the friendliness, professionalism, helpfulness, and efficient approach that I received from Chloe. She has to be the best receptionist EVER.... Unfortunately the rooms were cold, if it weren't for that issue the stay would have been perfect... The restaurant staff were brilliant too. Would recommend to friends

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest

I was delighted to read that you were made to feel so welcome by Chloe when you arrived tired and “wounded” at the hotel. In recognition of the excellent customer service delivered and positive customer feedback, such as yours, we were delighted to award Chloe Team Member of the Month for December. Thank you also for your kind comments concerning our restaurant team, it is always a pleasure to share such positive feedback with team members.

I can only apologise however that you found your room to be cold, I do hope that we were able to rectify this for you during your stay.

Martin Woods

Been to Holiday Inn Solihull? Share your experiences!