“Just lovely.” 5 of 5 stars

01675 44 60 80
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Peel's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 216 Restaurants in Solihull
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Just lovely.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

For my girlfriends birthday we decided to visit Peels.We had heard about it so decided to see what the fuss was all about.We were not let down.We were in a group and were seated with a drink in front of a fire.There was no rush from the very friendly and attentive staff as our friend was running late.The setting is lovely,classy and relaxing.We had the Prix Fixe menu.It was lovely.The staff covered our every need with out been over the top.There were little surprises thrown in to the meal which was just beautiful.My first Amuse bouche and all i will say is wow.Also a pre dessert,a taste sensation.Wanted more!!!In all we had three courses plus our two little extras for £25.It was just lovely brilliant value, recommend it for any occasion even make one up.We have also been told that the Sunday lunch is beautiful so we will be returning.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Solihull, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderful,exceeded expectations :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I visited Peel's last night to celebrate my birthday.What can i say, The staff at Peel's are very attentive without being intrusive,they make you feel special right from the start.
The restaurant itself has a lovely ambience, is classy and understated without any element of stuffy pretentiousness.We found the the entire meal to be a taste sensation,divine and sumptuous I would strongly advise a visit,it is lovely for a special occasion ,although i am highly tempted to go back for Sunday lunch..Thankyou Peel's a lovely gem right on my doorstep :-))

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“underwhelmed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

chose this restaurant because of the reviews. was somewhat disapointed. the atmosphere and decor were great the staff are very attentive and knowledgable but the food did not live up to expectations.
i had the foie gras for starter it came on a bed of basically coleslaw it was really over powering i couldnt eat it. my boyfriend had the lobster it was not very exciting could have just been a prawn cocktail. we both had lamb for main it was not unpleasant and i enjoyed the sweetbreads but the portion size was small lacked any real imagination.
the cheese board was excellent and explained in detail by the waiter, my boyfriend enjoyed his chocolate pudding.
i left underwhelmed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

We have just been for the fourth time here, each time we have eaten from the prix fix menu and was fantastic value for money. We had palate cleansers between each course and my partner was given a special dessert with happy birthday written on it aswell after finding out it was his birthday. they definitely deserve 5 stars for everything. I would recommend to go on a nice summers evening as you get to see the grounds and its still light in the conservatory type restaurant, just perfect.

Essex, United Kingdom
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Following my previous review, I was invited back to the restaurant with the 5 friends I dined with.
We visited on Saturday 20th October and it was a busy evening. We were greeted by the Maitre'd' in the bar area, who is always very friendly and welcoming. After a glass of champagne we went to be seated at our table and were looked after wonderfully by a waiter and waitress who were friendly, knowledgeable and efficient.
We had previously commented on the portion size of meals and this has been reviewed and the meals are much more satisfactory. Obviously, this is fine dining and you do not expect huge amounts of food on your plate but the previous visit meals looked like we were all on diets! However, credit where it is due, this has been reviewed and the portion size is spot on. The food itself was exceptional. The presentation and flavours were second to none. There was not one course that did not taste anything but delicious.
Following our desserts, we retired to the bar area for coffee/tea and these were accompanied by a selection of dessert petit fours, which is a lovely touch to finish such a fabulous evening.
I have to say that this is my third visit, the second one was an unfortunate blip but the Peel's management and staff did everything they could to accommodate our needs and ensure we had the Peel's fine dining experience and they have certainly achieved this.
Please give them a visit, I doubt you will be disappointed. A great place to celebrate a special occasion but also great for groups of couples catching up over dinner.

• Visited October 2012