“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 229 Restaurants in Solihull
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At handmade burger Co. we are passionate about great, fresh food and only use the finest ingredients for our customers to enjoy.We are famous for our burgers which are handmade in our restaurant from traditionally reared, grass fed, 100% fully traceable prime Scotch beef to create the best tasting burgers.
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We went here while we were waiting for the movie in the cinema to start as we had a bit of a wait. We decided to try this place, it wasn't busy, there were a few people in there. We walked in the waitress quickly came over and took us to a table which we wanted. She explain the menu to us since we had never been before and told us that most of the stuff on there they had run out of which left us with not much to choose from. We noticed later on a couple came in got told the same when they sat down a few minutes later they walked out.

We decided to have the blue cheese and bacon burger and the brie and cranberry burger. Both were nice. The brie and cranberry was a chicken burger which had slightly too much cheese on and not enough cranberry sauce. The chicken was also a little hard not much juicy. The blue cheese and bacon beef burger tasted nice and was good. We also ordered plain chips and some onion rings. The chips were fresh cut and nice bit expensive at over £3 for a bowl. The onion rings were nice.

The service was good, I would say to try this place as the food is nice. I am undecided whether I would go back here. (Also if your going to the cinema they have an offer on the back of the ticket for this place which we didn't realise till later on that night)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Oh my!.....Best burger of my life!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My conquest to find a burger better than Burger King has finally ended! Now don't get me wrong, I don't mean to come across terribly unsophisticated. However I have visited many fine establishments that all profess to offer me a gourmet burger but all have left me feeling rather cheated. The only burger I have ever enjoyed has been from Burger King....Until now! (insert fan fair here)

OH WOW! Id heard nothing but amazing reviews about Handmade Burger and after winning a meal for two we couldn't wait to go. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great, the staff were a credit to the business; so friendly & helpful. They also didn't do that annoying thing where they ask you if everything is okay as your mouth is full, so thumbs up all round.

We ordered from the Jimmy's rare meat section (I believe this was the name, don't quote me on it) Thinking 'yeah, how is a rare cow going to taste any different from a normal cow' well after eating it, show me this cow and I will bring it down myself.

It was the most tastiest & juiciest Burger Ive had in my life. One of those fine moments where go for a meal with your other half and neither of you speak to each other for the whole meal, but you don't care...oh no! your both in that heavenly food zone where the experience is that great its okay to be rude.
Id like to say im exaggerating but I cant, this seriously has to be tried. Why are you still even reading this you should be on your way now!

Eating here left me an my partner in a state where we felt like we wanted to cry and dance at the same time, I can only compare it to this visual aid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHXi8h8H2VA <this is how I felt

I would not hesitate to come here again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Daventry
“Lovely lunch!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

It was quiet which was great, my first visit here.

The mushroom and goats cheese burger was gorgeous, chips were lovely, service was fine.

I will definitely put this place on my list for lunch again, a great deal of vegetarian choices which is more than a lot of places who often can't find more than one to put on their menu!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Top Nosh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Visited on Friday 4th July about 7pm. When producing a voucher for' buy a main get one for £1', I thought that we might be treated with less enthusiasm. I was wrong. Both burgers where beautifully presented, they tasted very good, in fact I would go as far as to say mine was the best burger I have ever eaten out. The service was friendly, professional and courteous. It certainly wasn't over the top. A young team trying to be enthusiastic and perhaps mirroring the type of service one normally would expect across the pond. Well it was the 4th of July. Would I return? Yes, it was our first visit to the restaurant, to be honest, prompted by the voucher, but I would return and pay the full amount for the food and service which we received that evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Left a little disappointed.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went here for a friends birthday, the restaurant it self was well laid out, seating was a little cramped but generally not to bad.

Service from the staff seemed rushed the girl who served us seemed like she had to be somewhere else, me and another friend had a voucher for a buy one burger and get the other for £1, our meals combined came to £26 but my other friend didn't have a voucher and had the same as us and came out at £24 for what in short was a burger a drink and a bowl of chips... The food was average, I expected something fantastic from a burger specialist, but what I ended up with was a mediocre burger and a receipt which made us feel like we had been mugged.

If you do decide to go here, then make sure you get a voucher of some kind to soften the blow when you have to pay.