I have just been reading some of the rather bad reviews of Tewkesbury Park, and as a fairly regular visitor, felt I had to say something. Yes, I know there are good reviews here too - but I wanted to address the bad ones.
My partner and I have stayed here several times over the past 5 or so years and have never had a bad stay. This applies equally to whichever hotel chain was in charge - Corus, Brooke or whoever it is now. We have what we call a "Tewkesbury Weekend" a few times a year, and always enjoy a pleasant, relaxing stay. ( One or two of the waitressing staff tend to recognise us now, which is nice!)
We've found the staff friendly and helpful and the food always delicious. Yes, we've encountered a few issues, but the staff have always resolved them to our satisfaction. For example, once they gave us a room very close to the kitchen, but they happily moved us elsewhere when we expressed concern about possible noise. And once our shower was scaldingly hot, and again, they happily moved us to another room without any argument (and they agreed, on checking, that the shower was way too hot!)
We've always eaten in their restaurant at night, as we try to book a DBB package, and have always been very happy with the quality, quantity and standard of the food, We've never had a problem with service either. Once, when our meal was very slow in arriving, the resturant manager gave us, unprompted, our drinks free as compensation, and once they muddled up the liquer coffees - but replaced them with the right ones without any argument.
The place is not perfect and I'm not saying it is. I could say that the tea at breakfast is not to my taste (I don't know what they do to it, it always seems pretty odd to me, but other people seem to drink it) but that is a minor quibble. The swimming pool and changing area is a little tired, decoration wise, and could do with a revamp, but the pool itself is fine for what it is - a pool in a hotel, not a competition standard facility. The good points overwhelmingly outweigh the bad as far as we are concerned. Well, clearly they do, or we wouldn't keep going back there.
The main point I feel I should make is that we've always found the staff eager to put thngs right if they do go wrong, and that goes a long way.
(I just hope that, after writing this, we don't go there and have a terrible time - but on past experience, there's no reason to think we would!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Victorian manor house benefits from Leisure facilities and 18 hole Golf Course. Just 5 minutes from the M5.Tewkesbury Park Hotel’s Leisure club features a sauna, steam room, in door pool, gym, 2 squash courts and 2 tennis courts. Treatments and massages are available via the Buddha Rooms.In 176 acres of parkland, Tewkesbury Park Hotel, Golf and Country Club has a golf bar with views of the Malvern Hills. Hotel Rooms: 82 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Tewkesbury Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook Tewkesbury Park Hotel, Golf & Country Club Hotel Tewkesbury
- Brook Tewkesbury Park Hotel, Golf And Country Club
- Tewkesbury Park Hotel And Country
- Country Club Tewkesbury
- Hotel Park Tewkesbury
- Tewkesbury Park Golf