“Always a warm welcome here” 5 of 5 stars

The Jessop Townhouse
5.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   65 Church Street, Tewkesbury GL20 5RZ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Tewkesbury B&B and Inns
Exeter
“Always a warm welcome here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I cannot speak too highly about the Jessop Townhouse. The owners Chris and Steve are really down to earth warm and friendly people. They make you feel at home immediately on arrival. Nothing us too much trouble
The rooms are spotlessly clean and immaculately furnished to a 5 star standard. We stayed in Room 3 and wasn't disturbed by street noise because of the recently installed double glazing.
We asked for a recommendation for an evening meal and that turned out to be an excellent choice.
We will certainly be returning

Room Tip: All rooms are furnished to a high standard and nobody will be disappointed with any of them
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

160 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

This is a lovely place to stay. Lovely room, spotlessly clean and a friendly welcome. Owens down the road is a good place to eat too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Darlington - Co. Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

As a business traveller it is refreshing to receive a personal and genuine welcome that really differentiates this place from nearly every other hotel / B&B I stay in. Chris and Steve are both charming and nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are excellently kept and all that I have stopped in are comfortable, clean and modern for such an old building. I have recommended this place to several colleagues and all have been impressed. Almost forgot breakfast which is top draw. Hope i can get a room next time I am in town!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked a room for one night as a surprise for my Fiance for his birthday and I couldn't have been happier with my choice. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. We stayed in room 3 which is the loveliest room we have ever stayed in, generous in size, full of character features but with modern fittings for ultimate comfort. The owners are wonderful and couldn't have been more helpful, they make you feel like you are staying with family. The breakfast was wonderful, plenty to choose from with fresh ingredients cooked to order. The location is ideal for going around Tewkesbury, very close to bars and restaurants. Although the car park is very small don't let it put you off staying there, we parked at a public carpark which is literally a stones throw away from the hotel and is free to park on evenings, all day sunday and bank holidays. We could not find a single fault with our stay, it was absolutely perfect and we will hopefully be going back next year which I think is the best compliment that you can give :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
MilfordHaven,Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This must be the cleanest, freshest B&B I have ever stayed in. Usually I am always on alert for any unwanted "crawlies" that may be around. The Jessop is so clean I didn't even think about it. We had Room 10 -at the top and at the back. Breakfast was perfect too...I take cream with my coffee and by day 2, cream was on the table for me.
The bed was comfy...the room was spotless, ..the breakfast was perfect...This is very unlike me as I can be a bit of a "nitpicker" especially over cleanliness..I truly can't find fault with this place...I wish I could have stayed longer.
It is walking distance to pubs and eateries and just across the road from the Abbey. We stayed here as we were going on a Vineyard Experience at nearby Newent.
Well done Chris and Steve you are lovely hosts and deserve to do Very Well with your B&B.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Berlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

An excellent B&B sets itself apart by the service and hospitality, and this is where the Jessop comes up trumps. The owners Steve and Chris are obviously dedicated to making your stay a special one, and nothing was too much trouble (including ironing my wife's dress for the wedding on the next day). Breakfast was excellent all round as well. The room (4) was comfortable and packed with character, with the only slight negative being the shower, which didn't drain properly or stay at any height above pygmy level (though the water supply was hot and consistent). Also has an ideal central location and car park. Would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Owner at The Jessop Townhouse, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
We are happy that guests enjoyed their stay with us and it is our aim that guest feel comfortable and relaxed when staying in our home. The shower head is on a riser and can be adjusted by pulling it up and down to suit the height of the guest thus enabling the water to drain away.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

A top notch B&B run by two really friendly characters. Had a great stay, very well looked after and relaxing while we were up in Tewkesbury for a wedding. Other guests staying in town even said ours sounded / looked the best accom. They even posted my iphone charger back to me which I'd forgotten. Lovely old building too.

Room Tip: Top floor, views of the countryside & abbey!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Jessop Townhouse? Share your experiences!