“Amazing wedding day with fantastic food!” 5 of 5 stars

Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Tewkesbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Amazing wedding day with fantastic food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I got married in October 2013 at this beautiful hotel. We had the ballroom and the Manor house solely to our guests. The staff were fantastic at various planning meetings I attended, and always available to talk or call back if you needed to question anything. Our meal tasting evening was also spectacular, we had our own private table in the alcove with a beautiful view of the golf course. The chef then came out after and discussed the tasting session and was more than happy to accomodate our change request. The day itself was incredible. The toast master herself was professional, polite and made the day run without a hitch. The wedding breakfast was superior, still to this day, my family and friends complement the food and say it is the best food they have ever experienced at a wedding before. Faultless, delicious and incredible would be how I describe and I thanked the chef and his team personally after. The beef fell apart, I still am amazed how they did this for 72 guests!!! The hotel itself is beautiful, we stayed in the spacious Manor house in the bridal suite, but my family and friends also booked discounted rooms so we could all be near one another. The choice for breakfast was also out of this world, with anything you can ever imagine on offer!Fantastic staff, warm welcoming rooms and the food is exquisite. Highly recommend this venue, whether you want a round of golf( Din't have a game, but the grounds are beautifully maintained), or a meal for 2, but if you are looking for a wedding venue then look no further!

Room Tip: Manor house rooms are named, try "Summer"
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Hannah H

Thank you so much for awarding us a grand 5* review of our Hotel.

The staff here were delighted to read such positive comments about your wedding day and I copied them all in on your communication. I am very pleased that you enjoyed all aspects of your special day here and we very much look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary dinner this October.

We look forward to welcoming you back in October and I would like to take this opportunity of wishing you both every happiness for your future life together.

Lynn Bishop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a nice hotel out of town. It is on an old estate and quite lovley. The service was very good as was what little food we had there.

The building is a bit dated. The carpet and wall coverings need replaced as does all the furniture.

However out off season rates were so low I really don't care.

If you are looking for nice people, and a full serivce clean hotel at a good price then by all means stay. If you are uber picky about the building itself then you wan't be happy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Akrontravelman

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and found the service and food to your satisfaction.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed for a few nights in January and found this to be a very strong Hilton property.

I stay excess 80 nights per annum in Hilton properties, mainly in the UK and Asia.

The staff were very helpful and seemed to be very keen to please.

Our room was in the Manor building which is well worth the extra since the rooms are much larger and have their own character. We say some rooms in the main hotel and they were the usual standard Hilton decor and size.

We dined in the main restaurant and also in the bar area and also sampled room service. All these meals were well presented and served on time.

The spa was also a well run facility and we enjoyed a swim in the pool and also sampled the steam room etc.

My only issue with this property is the excessive price of drinks at the bar and in the restaurant which seem to be at London prices.

The bottle of wine I ordered with my meal cost stg28 [the wine list started at stg20] but I purchased the exact same wine in a local supermarket for stg7.99

I would definitely stay here again but would stave off purchasing any wine until they address the pricing issue [I am not hopeful]

Room Tip: The Manor house rooms are larger and have much more character
Dear EuroTravellerPG

Many thanks for posting a review of our Hotel on this website.

I was delighted to read that you are a regular Hilton visitor and in fact will be returning to the Hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments about your dining experience and room service, I shall ensure the appropriate members of staff are made aware. I also note that you enjoyed the spa facilities here.

I can confirm that the beverage prices are in line with our competitors in the area, however we do have monthly promotions on wines and perhaps when you next visit us you may wish to purchase one of these offers.

Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

As a family we stay here on a regular basis as my children like the pool. Decided to stay and paid extra for Double Deluxe rooms which were nice but absolutely no different to the family rooms we usually book so I could have saved the extra paid. That aside the staff,as usual, made the stay enjoyable. They are always friendly and attentive and nothing is too much trouble. The bar was good and lacked atmosphere but that was to be expected.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
PuckrupHall, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Lucinda S

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay here at Hilton Puckrup Hall and as a regular visitor with your family I am delighted that you continue to enjoy the staff and facilities here.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Ilminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

A really nice hotel with great facilities and in a great location. We had a great stay and would certainly return to this hotel. The food was lovely and the service was brilliant. We would certainly return to this hotel very soon.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Beth S

Thank you very much for posting a review of your recent visit to the Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and all aspects of the staff and service here. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

2nd time at hotel. Stayed in Autumn this time on £5 upgrade. Lovely room. Staff very friendly. Excellent meal (except for cheese board!). Dan in restaurant was exceptionally friendly and made us feel very welcome. Health suite of a good standard. A very enjoyable weekend

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Graham J

Thank you so much for awarding us a grand 5* review of your recent stay here.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I will ensure Dan is made aware of your comments as I know he will be delighted to receive them.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've stayed in many hiltons and this one is in my top 10! The location is beautiful, a gorgeous old building .. nice for romantic weekend away.
The interior decor is dated to suit the building, which is my cup of tea but i can see why it wouldnt suit others.
The receptionist was extremely pleasant and helpful.
Had dinner in the lounge, same standard food! which is a gap for Hilton, they should emphasise the region they are in and source locally produced ingriendients. But for this trip, it suited, because it was a business trip and I prefer to stick with what i know.

I would recommend coming here, would be an ideal wedding venue. Very pictoresque.

Room Tip: I had a standard room and there is nothing standard about it - very large, comfy bed with plenty of...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Amie B

Thank you very much for posting a review on this website and for your very kind comments you make.

It is pleasing to read that we are in your Top 10 list of Hiltons and that you enjoy the decor and facilities here.

Thank you also for recommending us to future guests who are considering staying here. I do hope we also have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Lynn Bishop

Been to Hilton Puckrup Hall, Tewkesbury? Share your experiences!