“Not brilliant but good standard rooms” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Quarters Watford

You added The Quarters Watford to your Saves list
The Quarters Watford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30-40 St. Albans Road, Watford WD17 1RN, England (Formerly Park Inn London Watford)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Watford
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Not brilliant but good standard rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Visiting a nearby place so just needed a one night stay with something standard, however, upon arrival my booking wasn't on their systems because it had newly been taken over.. obviously I was annoyed at this as I had booked 2 months in advance and already paid. The member of staff at reception asked me to find my original booking confirmation in my emails and forward it to their email address, this took time and I was eager to rest after being on the motorway for 4 hours. Eventually we passed this stage and we were given a room. Also, I don't feel that £10 was a reasonable price to pay for parking, the car park didn't seem to be very secure! After getting to our room and being there for a little while before going out, we had a knock at the door from a manager who said that her list said the room was unoccupied, total lack of communication! Putting these problems aside the room was very nice and the cleanliness was at a high standard. Although I didn't feel the staff were to a high standard of professionalism, they were very knowledgeable about the surrounding areas

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Katie N, Front Office Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, June 9, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I was happy we delivered our usual standard for your room. I apologize that your stay on this occasion fell short of your expectations and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. I am sorry that you had issues regarding the service from the staff. Please be assured that this is not a true reflection of the hotel.

The issues in which you have detailed, will be addressed with the whole team, and the General Manager.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tel: 01923 429988

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Stayed 1 night 2 rooms got there about 9 ish everything ok at first not told what floor , found it after three times in lift had to pay to park 10.00 but if you park and get caught its 10.00 !! Any way got out lift looked like some one had draged a bale of hay out off the lift ,and down the corridor dirty plates outside a room and still there in the morning , dirt down the hall , get in the room burn on the carpet handle missing on the window chain on the door Broken not a problem for me , but a young lady it might be unsettling , and the noise from the kitchen fan going all night kept me awake most off the night in the morning no one on reception asked in the restraint the lady said he is in the toilet won't be a minute. Waited 10 min left a note and left not a great service , not like the Glasgow one I stayed in. Room number 614 I stayed in Watford never again

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Katie N, Front Office Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, June 8, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am so sorry that you had issues regarding the standard of our hotel. I am very concerned about this issues in which you have detailed and please be aware that our hotel is now under new management and refurbishment is now taking place. We will be addressing the issues you brought up in your review with the our maintenance and housekeeping teams.

Reception desk is covered 24 hours, so if the receptionist was taking a break someone should of covered the reception desk for her. Thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention as guest feedback is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services at The Quarters Watford.

Hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Camberley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This is now called The Quarters as Radisson sold the site. In summary; poor service (very), very poor standards, tired rooms, total lack of professionalism, the team seem in disarray. The hotel needs a refurb and a professional management team, at present there is zero pride being shown.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest

In the first instance, may I offer my sincere apologies. Your information is correct, we are now The Quarters Watford. The entire hotel is being refurbished to a high quality.

I have spoken to the Front Office team and the General Manager is aware of your review. We are making sure that the service we are giving to each and every guests is exceptional with great first impressions.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our new hotel in the near future. So you can see all the great changes happening at The Quarters Watford.

United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I paid for the hotel stay in full at booking 5 months in advance and the hotel have charged my credit card again for the same stay/amount. I am now trying to obtain credit for £89.
The member of staff (Chrissy) told me many untruths about our booking payment.
On arrival they had only reserved me one twin room and I had booked and paid for two double rooms.
The person in the bedroom next to ours (the hotel management companies own financial controller) in room 610 was smoking in his bathroom and the smoke smell came into our bathroom and bedroom via the bathroom vent, we complained to the night manager and had to move rooms at midnight but nothing as far as we know has been done about the person smoking, disgusting!!!
Breakfast service was poor.
All the above made it very difficult to enjoy our weekend.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Katie N, Front Office Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest

In the first instance, may I offer my sincere apologies. I know you already have been contacted by Chris Conway in regards to your complaint and it is being resolved. I hope you stay with us again as this is not a true reflection on our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel is a joke I have emailed a complaint 3 times to Katie Nevins reception manager and have had no response I can see where the lack of enthusiasm and customer service comes from I didn't want to put a bad review on here but think I am going to have to because this seems to be the only way you get a response
Having recently stayed in your hotel (on Friday 16th May) I felt impelled to inform you of what I believe was substandard service and a serious lack of security concerning myself, my young daughter and our personal belongings.

Upon on arrival we were informed that due to a technical issue with the systems we were unable to check in, which was completely understandable, however what was not expected was the disinterested attitude of the member of staff,we were simply told to leave our luggage and return later.

On our return we were made to retrieve our own luggage from the luggage store, however no mention was made of a receipt or ticket to prove the luggage was ours, this was particularly worrisome - with no one to invigilate the retrieval of luggage mistakes (be it deliberate or otherwise) are sure to happen.

When we were finally able to check into our room we were met with the same disregard as before there was no mention of breakfast times or check out procedures so we carried on up to our room to relax (in what we thought was the privacy of our own room) we were interrupted by the entrance of another male guest who was under the impression that we were in his room, although we were aware there must be an issue regarding the allocation of rooms. As a lone female traveller with a young daughter this was very disconcerting and led to us feeling vulnerable for the rest of the stay- when surely our safety and security should have been paramount. This also called into question the security of the room containing our valuables, I advised my daughter to enter the room and secure these, however she was unable to do so due another technical issue with the key card, however a helpful member of housekeeping let my daughter into the room without any proof that this was indeed our room, this left us feeling uneasy and vulnerable all throughout the day and led to a sleepless night.

The next day there were further issues when we were told we weren't registered for breakfast (although we were) and rather than offer an apology I was again met with the same disinterested attitude that was synonymous with the disappointment of the whole trip. As a hotel I feel you are meant to offer experiences to remember and cherish where security and safety are paramount, however I found myself and my daughter left feeling undervalued and disconcerted after our stay with you.

• Stayed May 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I apologize about all the issues in which you have detailed, I also apologize about the delayed response. I was in hospital and I was off sick for 2 weeks. The hotel has just been sold so please return to see all the great changes.

Your issues have all been looked into, and the staff are all aware and moving forward these will not arise again, please come back soon and see all the great changes that have happened to the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Galway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Some reviews are overly critical and some people expect too much from a hotel. This place deserves all the bad reviews it has. Regardless of the price, for a few quid more you can avoid this place. Some hotels close by are actually cheaper and better.

Reasons not to stay:
- Loud noises from traffic and ventilation (very difficult to sleep, even on the 5th floor. The ventilation obviously needs maintenance work)
- Rooms are tiny!
- Our room was filthy. Bedsheets and Towels looked to have been used. Not nice when you arrive after travelling and want to freshen up. We weren't the only ones to complain about this.
- You have no recourse. Once you have paid, contacting staff and managers about issues is next to impossible. Even then it's incredibly difficult to get anywhere speaking with them.
- On checking out, we were in a que to complain. I've never seen that anywhere before. Numerous people looking as tired as us with an endless list of what was wrong.

We stayed here for convenience to get to the Harry Potter Tour. This place was an avoidable regret of our trip. A lot of money spent coming over. The hotels location gives it a lot of potential, but that's all it has. I would simply advise, stay elsewhere.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am so sorry that you had so many issues regarding your stay.

I am very concerned about all the issues in which you have detailed and please be aware that this is not the standard of the hotel and all issues have been addressed. The hotel has since been sold so please return in the near future to see the great differences.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place should not even be called a hotel. Clerk at the front= USELESS and just not willing to help. It's fantastic when you've flown in from another country to stay at this place, only to switch out of 2 rooms because of MOULD on the window sill..(and I'm not talking about a dot here and there...I'm saying that I thought it was part of the paint decor)...then having to settle for a room with what looks like URINE STAINS on the carpet, not just small round stains...Im talking about 2.5 feet wide...and the smell of this place is absolutely awful. I don't know if its the pigeon poop under the window, (discovered it when I went to open them)...but even Febreeze is losing battle to the smell. Thankfully I also got to switch out of the 3rd room and now I'm in the 4th room finally.

Oh and did I mention that the clerks at the front desk was USELESS... even when it came to helping me get on the WIFI. Then when our room keys were demagnetized and stopped working, the clerk then was annoyed at the fact that we needed his help. TRAIN YOUR CLERKS PARK INN, ITS CALLED BEING HOSPITABLE. These clerks are unbelievably ABRUPT and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS whatsoever. Clients are not important in this hotel.
Speaking of customer service, gentleman at the bar came up and basically REPRIMANDED a grown woman for have her foot leaning against the table in the lounge while on her laptop. She's a teacher by the way, and she did not even realize she was doing it, but if you're going to come up to woman and speak like she's a child,and with people around, who all agreed that you were ridiculously rude, then guess what... you, Sir, are the one with no manners.
Never ever ever staying here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am personally so sorry for the service you received from the hotel, and please be advised that this is not the usual standard that our guests have come to expect from the hotel.

I have spoken to the Front Office team to ensure that the service we are giving to each and every guests is exceptional with great first impressions.

Hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Tel: 01923 429988

Been to The Quarters Watford? Share your experiences!