“Value all round” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Quarters Watford

You added The Quarters Watford to your Saves list
The Quarters Watford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30-40 St. Albans Road, Watford WD17 1RN, England (Formerly Park Inn London Watford)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Watford
fareham
“Value all round”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just had 2 nights here no dramas and would deffinately return!!
Katie on reception was delightful. A credit to the hotel. All staff were very professional. Breakfast good, bed comfortable and room clean. Bathroom spotless. Despite being a budget hotel you are getting value here! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Jonathan J, Front Office Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, August 13, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Park Inn by Radisson London Watford.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service provided by Katie excellent. I will pass your comments to the whole team and esp. Katie, who will be pleased.

I will pass your comments to our Housekeeping and Food and Beverage Managers to share with their teams.

I do hope you choose to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Email: jonathan.jolliffekerins@rezidorparkinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Great Yarmouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were not in town for a pleasant stay and our reason for visiting was a stressful one. upon arrival we were greeted by Ben Woodcock at reception and he went out of his way to ensure our stay was pleasant we cannot thank him enough for his help. He told us about the exercise room and we used it for an hour and found it to be very nice. Our rooms were lovely and clean and the bed was very comfy. we had breakfast in the dining room in the morning and there was a lovely spread available. check out was very fast and easy. The only thing i think should be mentioned is not to keep your key cards near your mobile phone as this wipes them and you cant get into your room.

Thank you to all the staff From reception to maintainance, housekeeping management, catering etc, for making a difficult trip easier.

Ms Melissa Hunt.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Jonathan J, Front Office Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, August 8, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Park Inn by Radisson London Watford.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service provided by Ben excellent. I will pass your comments to the whole team and esp. Ben.

I am sorry that you had an issue with our key cards and you had to get your card re-cut, for future reference and as rightly said in your review, do try and keep the card away from any mobile phones plus any other credit or debit cards as these do wipe the room information off the magnetic strip on the key.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is a great location, not far from the main motorways and ideal for access to Warner Bros Studio Tour.
However, although staff are extremely helpful and friendly and rooms are decently sized, the room I had overlooked the main generators for the building. These were extremely noisy so I got no sleep. For anybody staying in future, make sure your room is located at the front of the building.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jonathan J, Front Office Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, August 7, 2013

Thank you for your review of the Park Inn by Radisson London Watford.

I am glad that you found our hotel an ideal location for the Warner Brother's studio tour as the bus to the studios is only a 2 minute walk away. I am pleased to read that you found our team helpful and friendly and our rooms of a good size.

I am disappointed that you did not sleep well during your visit and I apologise on behalf of the hotel for the inconvenience this must of called, for future reference we do operate a 24 hour reception and the team would of been only happy to help if you wished to change rooms to one situated on the front of the building away from any generators.

I would like to offer you a free up-grade to one of our business rooms including breakfast on your next visit to us, you may book this by contacting myself directly from the information below.

Once again thank you for your review and I hope to welcome you back soon to the Park Inn by Radisson.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I asked for a baby cot and they promptly got it assembled it well dressed it up with a pillow and sheets. That was the only thing that impressed me. The house keeping staff were very nice and helpful.
The next day I called up help desk to ask if there was any tray charges they told me they'd transfer me to room service but disconnected the phone line instead.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Park Inn by Radisson.

I am disappointed to read that you had mixed feeling regarding your stay with us and I would like to discuss these in more detail to try and resolve any issues that may have occurred during your stay with us.

I do apologise for the team hanging up on your while trying to transfer you to our room service department and I will speak to the reception team to ensure this does not happen again.

If you like to discuss your stay with me in more detail you may contact me via the details below and I will do my best to restore your faith in the Park Inn by Radisson and our hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel i located 5min walk from watford junction and it takes about 30min for the train to get to central london. If you travel after rush hour it will cost 1,6 pounds for the train, if you dont want too spend that you can take the buss but it will take a couple of hours too get there.

The hotel staff was helpfull and friendly. Unfortunately we hade an air condition on the roof of the building next to us that was quite noisy, and when we changed the room we had the nois of the highway.
Found a couple of spots on the bed that was a bit disgusting and the room cleaning was poor. The water pressure in the shower at the sixth floor is quite bad, it took ages to get clean.
The room did not include breakfast and i did not like that we had too pay 8 pounds each and not just 8 for the room too include breakfast.

Room Tip: Pick a room whit and odd number to get less nois.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review of the Park Inn by Radisson London Watford.

I am pleased to read that you though our location was ideal, with Watford Junction being only a 2 minutes walk away and central London only 20 minutes away with trains running every 15 minutes.

I will also pleased you found our team friendly and helpful, and I will pass these comments directly to them.

I am disappointed that you were situated next to one of our air conducting units and for this I do apologise, during the recent hotel weather our air conditioning units have been used non-stop which did create the generator to be on full longer then normal, I am pleased that our team did move your room but also apologise that you felt the highway disturbed you. We are situated within an ideal town centre location and we have endeavoured to minimise the road noise by our triple glazed windows in all rooms.

I would like to strongly apologise for the Housekeeping within your room and I have passed your comments to our interim General Manager and Housekeeping Manager for investigation to ensure that this never happens again.

I would like to offer yourself an upgrade to our business rooms on your next visit to our hotel, including Breakfast this can booked direct with myself using the details below.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Wigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for over 7mths Sunday to Friday for business. The staff here are excellent, helpful,polite and treat me as part of a family. I'm looked after from the minute I walk in, food well considering I have gone through the menu I would say 10/10. I would like to see a change but that's my fault for taking up residency here ;). I would recommend this hotel to all my team and anyone else wishing to have friendly staff greet them on entrance.

Room Tip: Ask for an even room number as these are on the back which Is quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of the Park Inn by Radisson London Watford.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stays with us and find the service provided excellent. I will pass your comments to all departments to share with the teams.

I do hope you to see you again soon we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

The perfect location for the Warner bros studio tour of Harry potter. 10 mins drive away and the hotel only 5 mins walk from the high street. On arrival were warmly welcomed by Johnathon, check in was swift and easy after mentioning it was my partners birthday we shortly received a complimentary bottle of white wine. We ate out so cannot comment on the evening food but breakfast was of a good quality and the whole experience was good with the hotel. Special mention for Johnathon who was excellent from room 504 1/8/13

• Stayed August 2013
Jonathan J, Front Office Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing the Park Inn by Radisson and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us during the past week and had a wonderful birthday.

I do hope to see you again soon and welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Email: jonathan.jolliffekerins@rezidorparkinn.com

Been to The Quarters Watford? Share your experiences!