“Ideal situation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Quarters Watford

You added The Quarters Watford to your Saves list
The Quarters Watford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30-40 St. Albans Road, Watford WD17 1RN, England (Formerly Park Inn London Watford)   |
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Watford
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Ideal situation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Ideal situation for visiting Watford. Secure parking area in Hotel grounds. Good staff all very friendly and helpful. However room location allowed all passing traffic to be heard. Room initially cold until theremostat started. Draughts around window which would not close properly.
All problems reported to Management so hope these are resolved quickly.

Room Tip: Check situation of room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor.com.

We are pleased to read that you rated our value, location, cleanliness and service so highly.

I have reviewed your comments regarding the draughts around the window and I will be happy to follow up with my maintenance team.

Please be assured your comments have been communicated to the relevant departments and we hope to welcome you back in our hotel in the near future.

Email: info.watford@rezidorparkinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Restaurant - this was awful, went for dinner at 18:30 and the restaurant was closed!!!! They wanted me to eat in the bar where there was 3 tables and amazingly they were all full!! So didn't eat in the hotel which I wanted to as it was so cold outside. Breakfast didn't open till 7am which I cannot understand so had to wait 30 minutes for breakfast. When it came while it tasted ok was cold and I was the first to get it!!!!
Room - small but perfectly acceptable, clean apart from a stain on the carpet that they had obviously had tried to clean! Air conditioned which was great for me but tended to be slightly drafty!
Bathroom - very clean and shower was brilliant

Overall it was ok for the £58 I paid for it but would rather pay £70 and get a hotel with a restaurant that opened when I need it!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Park Inn London Watford.

My apologises that the RBG restaurant was closed during your stay, however I am pleased to inform you that we will be re-opening the RBG restaurant in February 2013 with a brand new RBG menu. I am following up your feedback concerning the breakfast buffet with my team.

I do hope you stay with the Park Inn London Watford again in the future so we may have an opportunity to restore your faith in our food and beverage offering.

Swinton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel for 2 nights (7-9 December). Check in was quick, room was very small, but well equiped and spotless. First nights stay was fine, however on the second night there was an "Xmas do" on with loud (very loud) music on till past midnight and guests from that do singing, shouting and moving very loudly about the corridors at 2.38am!! The guests behavoiur is not the fault of the hotel, but I feel I should have been informed of the do (and warned of the possibility of the noise) and given the choice to request a room move in advance. All this considered I would stay there again if I was ever in the area. The hotel is located in a great place for communting, we visited the Harry Potter Tour, Camden Market and also the attractions as Southbank, all within easy access from Watford Junction Station, only a 5 minute walk away.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear reviewer,

The Park Inn London Watford team would like to thank you for your feedback on our hotel and team.

I am pleased to read that you rated our location so highly and took the opportunity to visit the nearby Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter.

Please accept my apologises for any noise issues and I would be happy to provide a ‘quieter’ stay on a future visit.

Thank you for choosing the Park Inn London Watford to stay and we hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed here on a Saturday night as it was close to Watford Town centre and was on a special offer at £36 for the night!! The room was very small but was adequate, however, the walls were paper thin which meant we could hear everything going on next door!
The Staff were great and it did what it said on the tin, so a thumbs up from me.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review.

We are pleased to see that you found the hotel great value, found the room cleaned to a high standard and enjoyed the closeness of the hotel to the Watford town centre. We are particularly delighted to hear that you received great service from the staff.

Thank you once again for your taking the time to write your review on our hotel.

St Albans, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Expensive for a very small room, poor food and uncomfortable room.
Requested a twin room when booking, but were first given a double room. Had to move down two floors to twin room.

No instructions on heating room. Only a ligth duvet on beds. Very cold first night.

Had to request twice for maintenance to look at heating and housekeeping to give us extra duvets.

When booking I had to ask for a copy of the bill and realised they were trying to overcharge me on the room rate by £25!

The young gentleman on receiption wouldn't accept that they were overcharging me, when I showed him the booking.com confirmation. I had to come back with a breakdown to show him they were overcharging on the room rate and he couldn't help me.

Eventually they agreed that I could pay the extras on my room and someone was suppose to get back to me the next day about the over charging of my room. They didn't come back to me.

Make sure you request a copy of your bill before paying, as they don't appear to automatically give you this. You may find like me that you were over charged.

I paid over £60 per night (they wanted to charge me $68 per night), which is far too much.

Avoid this hotel if you can. There are better hotels for less money.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel if you can.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your review and comments concerning your recent stay with us.

We regret the confusion with regards to your room type and have since discussed this issue with your agent to avoid any future issues. I am pleased the staff were able to move you straight away and apologised for this at the time.

Regarding the heating, the control panel is situated in all our rooms with instructions and I am pleased that a staff member was able to personally assist you on how to use the panel. I also understand that two heaters were placed in your room for the second night plus two extra duvets. We apologise for any delay in these items reaching your room.

Regarding the overcharge, we have again discussed this issue with your agent. However, this was immediately rectified and the staff member apologised.

Please accept our apologises for the issues which occurred during your stay. I do hope you stay with the Park Inn London Watford again in the future so we may have an opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I wanted to record my appreciation for the Park Inn at Watford mainly due to the kindness and hospitality of their staff. The hotel itself was functional, did what it said on the tin, and was great value for money - but the staff I encountered were brilliant. Anthony arranged an early morning check-in for myself and colleague, after a trans-Atlantic flight - no fuss, no bother, and with our needs in mind. Freddie was also a great advert for the hotel too, along with the very helpful bar-staff.

Yes, the rooms are small, the environment functional, but for the money, I was hugely impressed. Having stayed in many hotels, the staff here were brilliant! Thank-you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mark H, General Manager at The Quarters Watford, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at the Park Inn London Watford.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are especially pleased to hear your feedback concerning our staff. Our aim is to ensure that all our valued guests are completely satisfied with their stay.

I hope you had the opportunity to join our Club Carlson loyalty program and collect points during your stay with us.

We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London - Watford. We love having you here.

stafford united kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went down to Watford the other day and was booked a room at The Park Inn Hotel, it was the first time I had stayed there and I was pleasantly surprised. There is secure parking at the hotel at a charge of £7.50 per day and the town centre is within walking distance. There were good facilities at the hotel and the Staff were really friendly and helpful.The rooms were very well equiped with Iron and Ironing board and tea and coffee available at no extra cost. The bathroom was spacious and had a good shower. But most of all the BED was one of the comfiest beds I've slept in.
So the Park Inn Hotel ticks all the right boxes for me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good nights sleep and a clean well run hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on tripadvisor.com, we appreciate your great feedback. I am also delighted to read that you rated our rooms, cleanliness and sleep quality so highly.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team here at the hotel and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am always pleased to read such favourable feedback, particularly for our staff who were delighted to hear your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Inn London Watford on another stay in London - Watford.

Park Inn Watford
Email: info.watford@rezidorparkinn.com

Been to The Quarters Watford? Share your experiences!