“Booked for visit for Harry Potter tour. Excellent base.” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Clarendon Road, Watford WD17 1JA, England   |
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Watford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Booked for visit for Harry Potter tour. Excellent base.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

First time in a Jurys Inn. Won't be my last the hotel was only a 5 minute walk from the station and was on the edge of a busy shopping area. It's also a new hotel so looks good and you feel as though you are getting more for your money. Stayed for 3 nights. I really can't fault it at all. Spacious well appointed bedroom. 2 beds. A double and a single in our family room. Good shower and bath. Free view tv. Wifi is £10 per 24 hours. Typical of a business hotel. Plenty of 3G coverage though. Or. Nearby McDonald's if you get stuck. Breakfast was excellent. Plenty of fresh choice. Cereals, cooked, continental. Usual useless conveyor toaster. Bread goes in brown comes out white.
High praise for 2 staff here. Blonde haired female and dark haired in a ponytail. Both were excellent and very attentive. Took it upon themselves to interact with my son and asked about his stay etc. although shy he said they were nice ladies. High praise indeed. I suppose the lollipop helped!!
The only negative part was dinner in the restaurant. I ordered pork belly. It was undercooked, the fat was rubbery and jelly like. The pork itself was tasteless. The dish as a whole was really poor. However, my wife's chicken was lovely as was my sons pizza. The waitress recognised something was up by the amount of food left on my plate. She raised this with her manger and he came and spoke to me. I didn't make any fuss or ask for him nor did I complain but he took the meal off the bill and offered me another meal free. I politely declined and settled for dessert. Excellent customer service, excellent way in identifying a problem and solution was reached without me having to say anything. Faultless service. Highly impressed. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 318. Faces onto roadway High up and is 25 yards from lift and ice machine. No noise hea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times now and think it is great value for money on the special B&B rate if you can get it. Staff have been friendly and welcoming and helpful with info for surrounding areas and car parking. rooms clean and fresh, good selection at breakfast and always feels relaxed and friendly. Close to walk to Watford junction to catch train to Euston etc. Only problem is paying for carparking as hotel has no car park. Car park close by though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here for the Warner brothers studio tour, I read the reviews and Thought doesn't sound too bad well it's not bad it's good very good service was excellent rooms were nice and clean food very good only a couple of things that I didn't like there's no on site parking and the cost of drinks in the bar wow they ain't cheap.

• Stayed September 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Helpful staff,near to train station,well presented dinner menu compliment to the chef.I will really suggest every one to this hotel.Me and my husband came to jurys last weak for our surprise marriage anniversary.I already suggested my friends and family

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for work purposes and had a great stay. Nice clean room, good breakfast, location perfect just opposite the Harlequin shopping centre and a five min walk to watford station. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

My experience didn't get off to a good start when reception were adamant that I was booked in for 2 nights even though all my paperwork said one!
I was then kept waiting fro a good 5 minutes while the receptionist checked with his manager and after that they asked could they photocopy my confirmation email!!!!!

Then 10 minutes after getting to our room, room service knocked and just entered without waiting!

Finally, breakfast was basic to say the least, A full English without mushrooms?? To make matter worse the beans were congealed..

Will not be using Jury's again after this experience

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JurysWatford_Manager, General Manager at Jurys Inn London Watford, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear GoonerPaul1964,

Let me begin by thanking you for your feedback on your recent stay here at Jurys Inn Watford; I am sorry that there were elements of your visit which did not meet your expectations.

I have passed on your comments regarding your check in to our Front Office Manager who will endeavor to investigate the incident with her team. Whilst I am confident that the intensions of the receptionist were to ensure that you were not overcharged for your stay I agree that this could have been handled more appropriately so as you were not left waiting at the desk for a resolution.

Unfortunately without asking for further information regarding your room number etc I would be unable to comment on the Room Service incident and the reason for the intrusion; I accept that this is not an expected level of service and I sincerely apologise for any distress this may have caused.

We have recently been working hard to improve our breakfast offering and currently offer a cereal station, bread & pastries station, continental selection, porridge station and a selection of hot food; our staff are also on hand to accommodate any additional requests for items not on the buffet.

If you would like to discuss any of your concerns further please feel free to contact me direct at the hotel. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope I have went some way to reassure you that your observations will be acted upon with the departments concerned.

Kind regards,

Andy
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed for two nights as we were visiting the harry potter studio tour(which was fab) this hotel was very handy to get the bus to the tour at watford junction. we flew from luton, and got the public bus to watford junction, on way back got a taxi to Luton it was £35.00. The breakfast was lovely, luch at bar was very good price, good location for shopping centre, and places to eat, we ate at nandos one night, and yates for lunch they were both lovely, yates was very cheap. Rooms big, clean, staff friendly esp Tracey. lovely birthday weekend.

Room Tip: we asked for a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Jurys Inn London Watford? Share your experiences!