“Good for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Paris, France
“Good for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed one night getting out from London before to leave UK with the ferry. The location is perfect, near the motorway but extremly quiet. As we arrived, they proposed us 2 rooms which we could visit before choosing. They have a very nice restaurant, spa and fitness center. We had a very large room, very comfortable for 1 adults and 2 children. The staff was very friendly. Good quality for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear mauri230 - Thank you for your review following your stay with us recently. I shall take great pleasure in sharing your comments with the team. They will be delighted. Thank you.
I hope that we will be able to be of service to you again in the very near future.

Simon Barker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Myself and my husband stayed here for the night as a package for 'the comedy night'. The room we stayed in was very clean and had all the amenities needed. The evening meal and breakfast was faultless. The staff are very friendly and polite. Would definently stay again. Great value for money..

• Stayed November 2013
Dear austins183 - Thank you for such a wonderful review. The Comedy Clubs are very popular at the hotel and I am delighted that you found your experience so exceptional that you were able to share it with us. Thank you.
I hope that you will return to watch another one of the shows in 2014.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Nice well set out hotel. Bar unsurprisingly has a Brands Hatch theme and looks pretty good. The bar food was excellent and reasonably priced for a hotel. The room we were given overlooked the car park and was nice and clean and spacious with a comfy bed. it was also quiet, which was good. The staff were polite and helpful, the only thing that spoilt the stay was the breakfast which was disappointing. It was the normal buffet style but the food looked insipid with pale and runny scrambled eggs, pink bacon and anaemic sausage. it wasn't as if I arrived as they were closing, I was there fairly early

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Blok103 - Thank you for submitting your review. Please accept my apologies that the breakfast was not up to our usual high standards. I shall speak to chef immediately. Rest assured I will expect a return to normal standards.

Felixstowe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at the thistle on the night of the British touring cars final. We were 'very lucky' to get a room. Our room over looked the car park which suited us fine as partner wanted to keep a eye on his car. The bathroom had a very small bath and seemed to be the only room with heating! Our thermostate was broken and the room was freezing! Room service got our order wrong and ended up giving us the most expensive meal on the menu! The hotel seemed to be catering for the whole honda yuasa team that evening and at about 4 in the morning our neighbours decided to bring a girl home with them and preceded to be extremely noisy and clumsy! The bed was rock solid and had springs poking through. Overall I would say it was a very poor stay and a extremely over priced hotel. Would of been better of camping!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DGoodwinFelixstowe - Thank you for submitting your review following on from your stay with us at the end of October. I am very sorry that your experience was not up to usual standard. Please contact me at the hotel so that we can atone for these very unusual shortfalls in our service.
With kind regards
nottingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel regular and the staff and service is very good. My only complaints are that the showers are at a height for anyone under 5ft 5inch. Also we were told the chef couldn't cope with the number of covers in at the time(which looked like not even a half full restaurant)and had to wait 20 mins for a table. At breakfast my colleague and I ordered poached eggs at the same time, my colleagues arrived but I had to wait another 10 mins for mine. Also the tv guide doesn't work on any of the tv's.

• Stayed October 2013
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear hudsta - Thank you for sharing your review with us and thank you also for your continued patronage of the hotel.

May I apologise for the height of the shower in your room. This obviously needs rectifying and quickly!
I clearly need to have a chat with the chef as news that my kitchen team cannot cope with the numbers does not really stand us in a great light. I apologise for this hudsta and hope that you know as a regular guest that this is very unusual. I shall, whilst speaking to the chef ask him to explain why it took 10 minutes for your poached eggs to arrive. Hopefully they were worth the wait!
We look forward to being of service to you again hudsta.

England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night for work. The hotel is right next to Brands Hatch race circuit but not much else...we drove to Eynsford for our meal in the evening.

Lady on reception was very friendly and efficient. Room was huge with a great big bed and sitting area. Had a good nights sleep. Breakfast was fine and there was the usual options; buffet full english, continental, cereals etc.

I used the pool and sauna which could do with a bit of attention but were clean, tidy and quiet.

Negatives: dirty cup at breakfast, awful smelling fridge (i didnt open it again!)and a few unwanted hairs in the bath. Shower took a bit of fiddling with to get hot water.

However, that said I will use this hotel again if I need to for business.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear westcountrylass22 - Thank you for taking the time to submit a review after your recent stay. I am desperately sorry for the housekeeping standards and will discuss these at once with our housekeeper. This is most unlike them. Please let me know the next time that you are staying with us westcountrylass22 and I will ensure a better experience.
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Nice Place to stay at. Generous staff. Stayed for a couple nights back in March 2012!
Didn't get much of a view or anything but everything else was nice!
Nice little "racing bar" at the lobby level! Gym was a plus with a swimming pool! Good restaurant food as well!
Had a great stay! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear innaminna - Thank you for sending through your review, you have obviously given this plenty of time to think about your stay and I am delighted that you scored us so well. I hope that we can be of service to you the next time that you visit the area and thank you again for your feedback innaminna.

With best wishes and kind regards
Simon Barker

Been to Thistle Brands Hatch? Share your experiences!