“A very nice surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Surrey
“A very nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Booked a last minute Spa Weekend break with my sister and although they were jam packed in the treatment room they managed to get us a couple of treatments which were really nice and the lady giving the treatments was lovely and friendly. To be honest I wasn't expecting a lot with the place because it was so cheap but boy how wrong can you be! I can't get over how lovely the staff were they must put something in the water there ! They didn't stop smiling and couldn't do enough for us. The room was lovely and clean, the beds very comfortable. There was a fridge, ironing board and tea making facilities in the room so we didn't have to ask for a thing. The poolside area was immaculate and the pool a nice size. Jacuzzi and steam room also clean.
Food was good and and a real varied menu, something for everyone and the portions were enormous.
A lovely relaxed hotel and If I could rate it higher than 5 I would. Will definately be going back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear lkilty - Thank you very much for your incredibly nice review following your spa break recently. Our facilities are great and our team even greater. Thank you for noticing. I shall take great pleasure in sharing your very generous praise with them all. I must check our water supply lkilty, maybe there is a little something in there or perhaps it's just good old fashioned customer service!
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Simon Barker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I don't usually do this but i have to say how wonderful the staff was.I stayed here for one night and love every moment of it. I was by myself which felt a bit awkward at first but the staff in the restaurant and bar was very friendly made me feel like i was at home. I had a young man on the bar named Josh who was very polite and well spoken, he guided me in to the restaurant where a happy lady (chantel) took my ordered, she was very friendly and she spoke to me about my day which made me feel comfortable (reminded me of my daughter). Food was great no complains!
When i was in my room i had problems with my TV, minor problem which was fixed by a short man (didn't catch his name) who was on the bar then went on to nights he was very help full and helped me with my TV and air con.
Overall the staff made this trip great and will be returning!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Sammel1234 - Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. It really is lovely that you have taken the time and trouble to mention so many of the team by name who made a very clear difference to your stay. I am proud to work with such a fantastic team and they really do make our customer experiences special.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
With best wishes
Daventry, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I spend quite a lot of time trying not to stay here because it’s been so rubbish in the past. Booked our lot in for last week and it’s been transformed. Great price, decent food and proper staff. Will use it for all our Brands Hatch stuff now. Pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Melindi S - Thank you for writing such an honest and forthright review. I applaud you for taking the trouble to tell the TA community how much of a change you have seen in the hotel, it's team and it's service. I wish to offer my most profound thanks to you for doing this. Clearly it has been some time since you stayed but we have worked tirelessly over the past 18 months as a team to concentrate on service and product delivery and I am absolutely delighted that you have noticed.
I am also thrilled that this change of heart from you has led to you being signifcantly pleased enough to recommend us to your colleagues.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back on a more permanent basis.
Perhaps you could let me know when you are next staying with us so that I can personally thank you.
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stopped here for one night but have booked again

Spotless room

Only gripe was drinks prices in the bar but otherwise will book again and have already directed my colleagues here for future business stopovers

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Robangsymons - Thank you so much for your wonderful comments and recommendations following your recent stay with us. Please rest assured that our bar prices are very competitive when gauged with our competition and we always strive to provide value for money to our customers through our service which you have graciously acknowledged.
The team and I thank you again for your great comments and look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Business at brands hatch do perfect location. Overall hotel clean and tidy, room left a little to be desired, beds too short and thin, uncomfortable and bathroom sink cracked but for two nights not a major issue although would have been nice if the remote for the tv worked and the fridge did not have the power cable hanging out

• Stayed June 2013
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Andy G - Thank you for submitting your feedback. I will speak to the housekeeping and maintenance teams to look at the points you have noted. I do apologise for these irritating issues and hope that it has not marred your visit. Please contact me personally the next time that you are staying with us and I will ensure that you have a far better experience.
Zaragoza
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I wanted to really like this hotel because of the curious surroundings (sitting on the Brands Hatch race circuit) and the staff were lovely but I'm tired of having to pay extortionate prices for breakfast when I only want tea and toast, the 15 pounds required here was too much.
The room itself was very nice, spacious and clean. The corridors less so, for several hours a dirty tray of room service sat outside one room and a bottle of beer outside another.
It's not a bad place to stay by any means, I was a little disappointed though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear PhilMac - Many thanks for taking the time to share your review with the TA community following your recent stay with us. We introduced a breakfast lounge menu a few months ago with smaller breakfast items for those guests wanting much less than a full English breakfast. I am sorry that our team did not bring this to your attention. We are very proud of our customer service and if tea and toast was all that you wanted, our team would have been delighted to serve this to you in the lounge.
I apologise about the room service trays, a pet bug bear of mine. I shall speak to the operations team to ensure that they step up their efforts to clear the trays more quickly.
I do hope that you choose to try us again PhilMac when you are next in the area.
Shropshire UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here with work who booked the hotel on my behalf and this was my first time to this area. I have to say the hotel was very comfortable with very helpful and friendly staff but its location is just bizarre. Apart from the race track for location which if you are there for racing is absolutely fantastic if your not (like me) there is nothing else there apart from a couple of dodgy pubs up the road.
My bedroom was fine and a good size with tasteful modern decor but this seemed to stop in the bathroom with a shower that was from the 90's. The tv also only had 5 channels which was a bit of a bore when I had some waiting to do.
I along with a group of colleagues used the leisure facilities which were ok. the running machines in the gym had seen better days and the pool could have been a bit bigger compared to the size of the hotel. The jacuzzi, sauna and steam room were all very good and spotlessly clean.
Prices in the bar were good and the lounge area was ample for our large group.
For dinner the group split with some opting to drive out and explore and the rest of us remained in the sports bar. I had prawn linguine and a side order of chunky chips. The linguine wasn't very good and this was shared by three others who had the same there was veg put in this which tasted as though it was left overs used to bulk the dish up and bit and there was only about 8 prawns in total.
Had a good nights sleep and left just before 5am so didn't have breakfast co cant comment on that.
I hope that the hotel updates the issues I have raised and it greatly needs to improve on the food if it wants to keep people in the hotel even though there isn't much on offer outside. When down this area again I will probably opt for Maidstone where there is a lot more on offer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear LardyUK - Thank you for your review following your stay with us recently. I will certainly take on board your comments and shall sit down with Philippe our head chef to discuss the comments relating to the food quality. Our food usually gets rave reviews but we also never sit on our laurels and will strive to keep improving. Rest assured your comments will be actioned and I do hope that you stay with us next time you are in the area. We have so much more to offer than Maidstone!.
Simon Barker

Been to Thistle Brands Hatch? Share your experiences!