“Little bit of a let down” 3 of 5 stars

Thistle Brands Hatch
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Brands Hatch, Dartford DA3 8PE, England   |
Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Dartford
London
“Little bit of a let down”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a one nights stay at this hotel I was very excited about staying here as from the website it looks amazing. When you first enter the hotel it is lovely and looks clean and fresh and nicely decorated. Wifi is expensive to say the least and it would have been nice if this was free. Check in was quick and easy. We got to our room 189 which was supposed to be deluxe but it was so dated this did reflect the price we paid. The shower head was broken spurted water and flooded our bathroom causing the floor to be like an ice rink and we had to use two towels on the floor. We were out of the hotel for the evening but I did mention this to reception before I left and they said they would get someone to look at it but this didn't happen. We had lunch and although a little pricey it was lovely and the best part of our stay our table was dirty and had plates on it but give the bar girl her dues when I asked for a cloth she came straight away and sorted it for us. She was friendly and helpful only wish I could remember her name! The reason we ate in the bar was room service is £5 per tray!!!! Our bedroom door did not fully close by itself so just a warning for anyone who gets this room to check the door again reported to reception who at best gave me the feeling that they really couldn't care! Now to the awful bit BREAKFAST at £10 per person it was very very substandard the sausages were burnt on the outside and pink in the middle and the black pudding my other half had was raw in the middle. The tea was very stewed and had obviously been sitting for ages. We did get a refund on our breakfast but again receptionist gave the impression the she couldn't really care less if our breakfast was nice or not. All in all I would not stay at this hotel again and it really isn't worth the money everything comes at an extra cost which frankly just not worth it.

Room Tip: Do not pay more for deluxe I am guessing it makes no difference to the standard you get watch the do...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear LondonMindy - Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review following your recent stay with us. I shall certainly speak to the head chef regarding the breakfast quality. This is usually a very consistent area for us and literally hundreds of guests each week enjoy our fine cooked breakfast. I do apologise for this but am glad that the team dealt with the issues before you left. I shall look into the self closure on your bedroom door and again apologise if this caused any issues with you.
Please rest assured that these areas of concern will be addressed immediately and we hope to be able to be of service to you again in the very near future.

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Aylesford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We held a Masquerade Charity Ball at the hotel for around 200 people, the bar staff and serving staff were superb and the event organiser was able to deal with all of our needs. Would definitely use this hotel for an event like this again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Claire S - Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write such a wonderful review following your recent event . I shall take great pleasure in sharing this with the team.
We all hope to be of service to you again in the very near future.
Clevedon, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I didn't get a good nights sleep, as the bed was sooooo hard. The cold tap in the bathroom stopped working during the night.

The window would not fasten securely as the incorrect window latch had been fitted.

I reported it all the next morning, and the receptionist just said "I will tell maintenance"

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear BobandSally_180 - Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I am disappointed with my reception team as they are usually so effifcient to resolve any guest issues. You were kind enough to complete a similar feedback on our hotel website so I know which room you stayed in and will immediately look into the bed comfort and the cold tap. I profusely apologise if these two issues marred your stay with us.
Please let me know when you wish to stay again so that I can ensure a far better experience for you.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Massive thank you to the team at Thistle Brands Hatch for their amazing service and flexibility for our conference.
Everyone was so accommodating and the venue was just perfect for our requirements.
I have no reservations about using the venue again for our event!
Big thanks to Sara, Hannah, Rose and the whole team!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Craig W - Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to submit such a wonderful review following your recent event. It really was our honour and I shall take great pleasure in sharing your comments with the whole team but especially Sara, Hannah and Rose whom you have singled out for deserved praise.
Thank you again Craig W and we look forward to being of service to you again in the very near future.
With very best wishes
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Start with the good parts, very clean, staff are great, the place is very tidy and well laid out, loved the theme of racing bar. i really was expecting more though, for over £100 a night i expected better quality rooms, same sort of room you would expect to find in a travel lodge etc which was a shame, food is very expensive and not acually very good, £12.50 for a cheese burger and chips, and when it turned up didnt even have any cheese, puddings also not cheap most about £5 for small portions had to wait over 30 mins for ice cream as they forgot. breakfast was tasteless and cold and a big shame, next time i will book just for the room only.

HOWEVER, i will be staying here again, location is great if you are visiting Brands Hatch track, also swimming pool is very good although not actually part of the hotel.

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and try the more expensive bedrooms as they may be better
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear 101Daniel101 - Many thanks for submitting a review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am a little disappointed with the food and beverage team for failing your dinner items, the team are usually so focused, but this clearly was an oversight. One would always like cheese on a cheeseburger. I would hope that the team rectified this immediately that you bought it to their attention in their prompt and efficient manner. We look forward to welcoming you back 101Daniel101 in the near future to make up for this small oversight. Perhaps you would be good enough to let me know when you are returning so that I can assure you of our usual high level of service.
General Manager.
Islington, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

As soon as I stepped through the door the interior was very luxurious and it was clear it had been recently renovated. The receptionists were very polite and welcoming, I made my way to my room where everything was clean and well presented. The TV wasn't the greatest quality but I was there to spend time away with my boyfriend, as it was a surprise for his birthday so I wasn't too fussed! We went down to the spa and both experienced a very good back and neck message, it lasted roughly 25mins and did us the world of good! The spa facilities were very clean, spacious and pretty, I couldn't fault it! The food at the restaurant within the hotel which we had for dinner was AMAZING! It was definitely a highlight of the trip! The breakfast on the next morning was also very good, it was a buffet and we were both spoilt for choice! Overall I'd give it a 9 out of 10 and will definitely be returning soon!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Raqueljsf - Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review following your one night spa stay with us recently. I am delighted with your comments and shall great pleasure in sharing them with the team especially Sarah in the spa and Phillipe in the kitchen. We certainly look forward to welcoming you both back in the very near future.
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have been here for 10 nights and once again I have had a really good stay, the staff are brilliant especially Karen on reception, she lights up the room with her welcoming smile and nothing is too much trouble.
The hotel generally is very good but it is the staff who make the stay brilliant, it is almost like going to stay with family.
The food is good with excellent staff, especially Sylvia and Chantel although it is difficult to single out individuals because they are all so good.
Once again an enjoyable stay all round.

Room Tip: Some rooms at the back give a partial view of the track although you will also get some noise at tim...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SimonBarkerGM, General Manager at Thistle Brands Hatch, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear David C - Thank you for your very sincere words. Taking the time to praise the team is very well received and they will be delighted when I read your review to them. It is always our pleasure and our honour to be of service and we look forward to being so for many stays to come David. Thank you, from all of the team here.
With very best wishes
Simon Barker

Been to Thistle Brands Hatch? Share your experiences!