“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for an overnight stay, dinner and spa treatments on a Sunday afternoon with my mum. Absolutely fabulous stay, I loved it. Hotel grounds were beautiful, driving up to the hotel was very impressive and I was pleasantly surprised upon viewing the hotel. From the moment we walked in, my mum and I were made to feel warmly welcome. Antonio carried our bags to our room, which instantly felt special! All the rooms have flower names, which I loved, considering I have one too ;-) We stayed in Orchid, a beautiful and spacious classic bedroom, equipped with free view TV, hair dryer, lovely bathroom (with bath and shower), books, coffee making facilities, floor length mirror etc.

The RG's Restaurant dining experience was faultless, from the service, ambience and food down to the comfort of the seating! Lowly lit and very busy (a definite good sign), we had Lobster ravioli to start - melted in your mouth and I had the lamb two ways, whilst my mum chose the Venison- again mouth watering! To finish off a lovely meal, I had the chocolate orange fondant with orange blossom ice cream and it was superb. One of the best meals I have eaten, beats some Michelin Star establishments I've visited.

Our sleep was good, the beds are very comfortable, and the rooms very comfortable so we had a very good nights rest. The best part was arriving back from dinner to find a poem carefully placed on our pillow - a lovely touch and delightful poem :)

The spa treatments, both arm, neck & shoulder massage and facials were also great.

We would love to come back as we enjoyed it so much. Infact my mum wants to take my dad for his birthday in April and I will be hinting to my boyfriend too!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear travelkat90

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your recent review of Rowhill Grange hotel & Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to read how much you both enjoyed all elements of your stay with us and would like to reassure you I will be sharing your kind comments with Antonio and the rest of the team here at the hotel – Your positive comments really make their efforts worthwhile!
We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange in the very near future.

Best regards

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I and my wife stayed there overnight, not overly impressed with the room, needed updating shabby and old
Went to the gym thats the size of a postage stamp, the equipment was so old, thought we would try the spa next, dirty water wasn't very warm, then an aqua class begins, music blaring instructor yelling and screaming, you couldn't make out what she was saying as it sounded like she had a speech impediment
Lastly we tried two classes, both of them taught by the same screeching woman around the pool, my wife asked if there was any other instructors, she said due to cutbacks she takes them all, its awful to say this but she was utterly useless, myself and my wife are both members of David lloyd, we are used to having good quality sessions.
On the positive side we enjoyed dinner and breakfast the following morning, sadly we wont return its a shambles

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Toulouse, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

When I received the reservation for Rowhill grange I was very pleased because normally business trips involve overpriced chain hotels. When I arrived at the hotel it was night time and frankly, from the outside it looked a bit worn down, but i was warmly greated by the lady on reception that opshowed me the way to the restaurant and had my bags taken to my room so I did not need to worry about it. Dinner was very nice and when I made my way back to the room, I found it very comfortable and the bathroom and bath products a very good quality indeed. Breakfast was great and quickly served the following morning and the Internet was a good speed.
All in all, I wished the stay was longer and would like to return for a break with the family in the spring.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review.
We were very pleased Rowhill Grange proved to be the ideal hotel for your business trip.
I was particularly pleased to read about the welcome you received from the team and to see your comments about our food and beverage offering.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the Spring!
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Went for afternoon tea, Sunday @1pm and it was a very pleasant experience. The grounds and hotel are lovely, the service excellent and friendly and the atmosphere was calm and peaceful.
The scones where really nice, freshly made and warm to the plate, with fresh cream and jam, tea, sandwiches and cakes also very nice. I would go again and would recommend to others.

The main restaurant also looked like it served some lovely food.

nb: easy access to M25

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear Rushy 2020

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review of Afternoon Tea here at Rowhill Grange.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about the quality of our food & beverage offering, as this is an area we pride ourselves on. I would also like to thank you for the kind comments about the team and will ensure they are made aware of your review.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange in the near future.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Rowhill Grange while away for business. I chose the hotel following the positive reviews and local recommendation. The hotel provides free Wifi throughout which I found very useful. The room was well presented and the staff extremely friendly and helpful.

I only wish I had longer to enjoy the full benefits of the Spa!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Nelson 1981,

Thank you for posting your recent review of Rowhill Grange.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about the service you received from the team here at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope you are able to experience the Spa on your next visit!

Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stopped at Rowhill Grange for the second time recenlty and have to say that it is a superb small hotel. The rooms are spacious, comfy and most importantly, very quiet. There is free WIFI throughout, no catch, no hidden charge after half an hour. Great restaurant & bar (Tuna salad actually had a whole tuna steak on top of it, not chunks from a tin)!
Excellant gym which always seems to be empty and spa facilities, including pool, which are free to guests. I really cannot fault this hotel and got the impression that nothing would be too much trouble for the staff. Why anyone would stay at the local "Chain Hotels" for roughly the same rate is beyond me.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Annex just off the main hotel, which was completely silent!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Ian H,

Thank you for taking to post your review of your recent stay with us here at Rowhill Grange.
We were really pleased to hear how happy you were with the standard of your accommodation, the quality of our food offering and the facilities in our Spa.

Please be assured that I will be sharing your kind comments about the service you received with all the team here at the hotel.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I spent Sunday afternoon at Rowhill Grange, we had afternoon tea, 2 treatments and full use of the spa facilities! We had a great time, and left feeling very relaxed and thoroughly pampered. I'd recommend Rowhill, and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
James P, General Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Keeley D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I was thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your Treatments and Afternoon Tea!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa in the near future.

Best regards

James

Been to Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa? Share your experiences!