“Hilton chain should be ashamed.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dartford Bridge

You added Hilton Dartford Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton Dartford Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Masthead Close | Crossways Bussiness Park, Dartford DA2 6QF, England   |
Special Offer
Save 33% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Hilton chain should be ashamed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Dirty, old, poor facilities that need ripping out and renewing. Staff are ok- nothing special. I am used to 5 star and this doesn't even make a 3 star in my eyes. Hilton chain should be embarrassed to have their logo on the front if this building. Overpriced tut!

• Stayed February 2013
Ashraf N, Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest

We sincerely apologise that the room you stayed in was not up to the standard you expected, If any concerns are reported to our Reception we would always offer a room move if available.
Our staff are very polite and friendly, but our training is always ongoing to ensure a great service.

Our aim is to make every guest’s stay a special one, however it seems that we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion for which I apologise.

Our guest’s comments and feedback are always taken very seriously.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Whilst the location was good in relation to where I needed to be the day after, the hotel is not within walking distance of anywhere to eat or anything else. The hotel itself has seen better days and is looking very tired. The room also looked quite dated and very much in the style of a Premier Inn and whilst I am no big fan of premier inn's, on the whole the few I have stayed at are better than this hotel. On the plus side the bed was very comfortable but some genius decided it would be a terrific idea to shine arc lamps up at the building during the night, the light from these shine in to the room even with the curtains drawn, having the result of making it very difficult to sleep. Morning was no better because there was a lack of both hot water and water pressure making the morning shower a deeply unpleasant experience.

Two major areas of concern for me are that you are charged £4 just to park which being away from the centre of London, this is just a blatant attempt to extort more money from the guests, why don't they just add it to the price of the room so you don't feel quite so ripped off? Now the hotel is in the middle of a commercial park so they could argue it is to stop other from parking there but if that was the case they could just not charge you if you were actually staying there.
The other issue is that they wanted to charge £14 for WiFi! £14 is the most expensive I have seen at all the hotels I have stayed at anywhere in the Country, £14 is the equivalent of a months subscription to a good quality broadband connection. It is free in the lobby but having worked all day the last thing I want to do is sit among a group of morons watching the football and making a racket whilst I try to work. One of my key things when judging a business hotel is the access to free of charge WiFi as there is no need to charge for it anymore. This was just a blatant rip-off and having stayed in far more expensive and better hotels than this and much cheaper ones too, I have never felt so conned, really it is just the principle of the thing.
The Hilton group in general has gone down market hugely in recent years and whilst the bed was comfy, there were no other redeeming features to this hotel and I wouldn't allow my dog to stay there in future, I would also think twice about staying in any other Hilton too.

Poor show Hilton

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you are working at the commercial park. Try somewhere else as this is app...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ashraf N, General Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear Guest

The prices that are charged currently for the Wi-Fi and the parking are competitive with other hotels in the same Grade and Location.

We at the Dartford bridge have recently undergone a refurbishment so I am very surprised that you where not satisfied with the standard in the area’s that you visited.

I am pleased to learn that your room was to a good standard, it is a shame that you did not mention at the time of stay about the light as we could have relocated you into a room that didn’t have the outside wall washers near.

I was pleased to learn that you also found our hotel to be a very convenient location for your business trip.

Thank you once again for your comments and observations while staying in the hotel. I do hope that we may have the opportunity to change your opinion in the not too distant future welcoming you again to the Hilton Dartford Bridge.

Lee, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel during the week on business. The booking was made through the companies booking agent who spoke directly to the hotel to book as i said i'd be late, i received conformation that it was all booked. After 13 hrs at work and finally making it to the hotel at around 10pm. The hotel had let my room out to someone else coming up with the excuse that i hadn't turned up by 4pm and they were busy. When do you ever turn up to a hotel before 4 on a weekday!? They had no spare rooms available and the best they could do was let me share with my colleague. Useless service.

Hotel rooms ok but way too hot even with aircon on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ashraf N, General Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Dartford Bridge. The incidents that you experienced during your stay are unacceptable, although our general policy is to re-allocate the room if you had not checked in, pre paid or placed a credit card on hold the previous arrangement you had made would counteract that.

We at the Dartford Bridge hotel appreciate the time that you have taken to post this review, if there is anything more we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact my PA on hollie.goodger@hilton.com and she will be happy to help you.

Thank you once again for your comments and observations while staying in the hotel, I have passed these on to the relevant team. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hilton Dartford Bridge in the not too distant future.

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

A very convenient hotel for us to use to catch up with friends, so just a one night stop for bed and breakfast. We chose one of the corner rooms as we get lots of light and a view of endless traffic on the Dartford Bridge without the noise!

The room was fine,...clean, loads of room.

Breakfast was excellent with service beyond expectations. Nothing was too much trouble and the range of food was very good.

Given its location and its target market (business meetings etc.) we thought it was very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments regarding our good sized Corner rooms which are very much appreciated.

We pride ourselves on our attentive staff your feedback is very much appreciated and will be passed on to the team.
We are very proud of our large variety of breakfast its a wonderful way to start your day.

Thank you once again for your comments and observations while staying in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you again to the Hilton Dartford Bridge in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Book here each year to stay so I can do my Christmas shopping at bluewater. Hotel is well equipped and some rooms have been modernised but luck of the draw to get them. Have only eaten breakfast here and there was a good selection. Charged for parking at the hotel but it isn't expensive.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Dartford Bridge. I am so pleased that you found our hotel to be a very well equipped.

We are very proud of our restaurant, and strive to keep these high standards at all times so we are very pleased that you enjoyed our Breakfast selection. We at the Dartford Bridge hotel appreciate the time that you have taken to post this review, if there is anything more we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Although a bit difficult to get to off the motorway this was a really pleasnat stay. I expected the normal bland stuff in the restaurant, but was pleasantly suprised. Had a really nice dinner and great service as well. All the staff went out of there way to pass time and were most efficient. Restored my faith in Hilton brand.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Dartford Bridge. I am so pleased that you found our hotel to be a very pleasant.

We are very proud of our restaurant, and strive to keep these high standards at all times. We at the Dartford Bridge hotel appreciate the time that you have taken to post this review, if there is anything more we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you once again for your comments and observations while staying in the hotel, I have passed these on to the relevant staff members. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hilton Dartford Bridge in the not too distant future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Clean and tidy and to the usual Hilton standard. Good location and the room had been refurbished to a good standard.
Disappointing to not have any nuts or crisps in the bar, seems strange to me?
Good choice of breakfast but to be honest it was a little cold despite being quite early in the morning. Good quality food but just not hot!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ashraf N, General Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Dartford Bridge. I am so pleased that you found our hotel to be a very convenient location for your business trip.

We are very proud of our breakfast, I am sorry you were unable to enjoy it.

Thank you once again for your comments and observations while staying in the hotel. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hilton Dartford Bridge in the not too distant future.

Hilton Dartford Bridge

Been to Hilton Dartford Bridge? Share your experiences!