“Disappointingly Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Dartford Bridge

You added Hilton Dartford Bridge to your Saves list
Hilton Dartford Bridge
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Masthead Close | Crossways Bussiness Park, Dartford DA2 6QF, England   |
Offers & Announcements
Breakfast and Wifi
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Cornwall
“Disappointingly Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Hiltons before so I guess I should have known better - the rack rate was reasonable at £80 I admit but they absolutely rip you off on everything else! I mean £13.00 for an omelette and chips, £14.00 for banger and mash and £23.00 for a bottle of cheap plonk!! Very disappointing and unnecessary Hilton

The room was nicely laid out and comfortable bed and breakfast was acceptable

But ultimately I Would not recommend unless you get a takeaway

• Stayed January 2013
Ashraf N, Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Dartford Bridge.

Your comments regarding our nicely laid out and good value comfortable rooms are very much appreciated.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast.

Thank you once again for your comments and observations while staying in the hotel. I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hilton Dartford Bridge in the not too distant future.

Hilton Dartford Bridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Booked 2 rooms,had noisy heating system in one & continually filling toilet cistern in other.Bfast & room decor very good. Generally very nice hotel and nice staff, but let down by bad night sleep due to noise.

Room Tip: Both rooms 141 and 149 (2 double beds in each) were very nice and spacious but check heating before...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Your comments regarding our very nice staff are very much appreciated.

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused to you regarding the heating and water system. A copy of your feedback has been passed to our Departmental Manager in order that retraining is given so we do not have a reoccurrence of your experience.

Our guest’s comments and feedback are always taken very seriously and we should appreciate if you would contact our Deputy Manager on
Tel: 01322 284444.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I use this hotel quite frequently and the standard is always excellent. Very friendly staff and the environment is equally special too. A very quiet place at all times and the rooms are awesome at all levels. You can hear the aircon but once you have the right temperature, switch it off and enjoy the peace. The bathrooms are always squeaky clean with white crisp towels... you should see the elephant on the bed mad out of towels...classic!!! This hotel has the best orange juice around... Breakfast is a feast and always spoilt for choice. I even take out some fruit (greedy as I am) after breakfast. I used to go to the gym but haven't been since it was reopened - looking forward to that in a week or so. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a quiet environment with friendly staff who are extremely polite and will treat you the same everytime - special.

Room Tip: Ask for the King size bed... And don't miss the orange juice for breakfast...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ashraf N, General Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Chris

Your comments regarding our standards that it is always excellent ,very friendly staff and the environment is equally special are very much appreciated.

I do hope that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you again to the Hilton Dartford Bridge in the near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I, as Hilton Honour customers, stay in several hiltons globally each year (Hilton Kensington a personal favourite out of any of the 9 hilton hotels we have used worldwide). It is our preferred brand of accommodation solution and when visiting family in the area we have stayed at this hotel many times before as it is an ideal base between London and Kent. Our first visit to Dartford was in 2009 when my family and i were greeted warmly and personally looked after by the hotels deputy manager, a Mr Richardson (we actually wrote a letter of compliment regarding the deputy manager to the hotel manager in August of that year, pointless as he never bothered even a PA scripted reply) who was a delightful and knowledgeable professional who demeanour represented how a hotel should be run and therefore someone that (a) stuck in memory and (b) became the benchmark for overall staff performance when i / we revisited Dartford Bridge. However, this time we were sadly disappointed. The rooms (which although quoted on this site as “recently refurbished” were in fact refurbished a few years ago now) need touch ups in the painted area, light fittings were black with months worth of accumulated dirt and tarnished and the bathroom air vents were utterly filthy with dust and other "objects". It seems that they are not keeping on top on the cleaning of the rooms and although the towel folded in the shape of an animal was a nice touch it doesn’t make up for a lack of attention to detail in the cleaning department. We did raise this with reception (an odd woman dressed head to toe in black with short neck length clipped hair and an air of superiority) but the remedial cleaning really didn’t make up for the fact that there was a problem in the first place.

Food was not up to much, cold restaurant buffet with mis-matched food (roast beef and rice) - something i see that is repeatedly commented on on this site but clearly ignored at management level and mis-matched tea-spoons (attention to detail at a four star).

Staying in a four star Hilton is expensive and a fee we are happy to pay at the other hotels, the aforementioned Kensington outlet is not that far away in miles but miles away in terms of product and service, and the Dartford product should try and offer value for money. This isn't an isolated incident but a slow death that we've observed for the last couple of years. As my last attempt to write to the management was ignored i felt Trip Advisor was a better outlet for my comments and I doubt we'll be back and that is a shame since we use this hotel often. We are back in the area at Easter but this time will be giving a four star in Bexley a chance.

Room Tip: Avoid the "help" on reception and bring your own cleaner. Not a patch on the service recie...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ashraf N, General Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest

I would like to offer my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that your feedback has been discussed with the Management Team. I would like to make contact with you directly to see what we can do about having you return to The Hilton Dartford Bridge in the Future. Please contact my PA hollie.goodger@hilton.com and she will pass your details on to me.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

After having are company Christmas party at the Hilton on the 9th December 2012 I am still awaiting my complaints to be delt with .
I have been promised on emails and phone calls that someone will be contacting me but nothing .
I have asked for Hilton hotels complaints details but told they don't have a complaints department in the uk only in USA .
I really feel that head office wherever it is should really take a look at Hilton dartford bridge as the staff as doing your company no favours

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest
I would like to offer my apologies for not meeting your expectations during your stay. Please be assured that your feedback has been discussed with the Management Team. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Please contact my office or the Conference and Events Manager to help with your query.

Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Clean, a bit expensive for what you are getting, average service. The hotel is in a great location for visiting Bluewater, and we have stayed here several times while visiting friends in nearby Gravesend. Breakfast was pretty average also.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ashraf_Nabih, General Manager at Hilton Dartford Bridge, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest

I was pleased to learn that you also found our hotel to be the perfect place to stay for shopping at nearby Bluewater.

Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to visit one of the offices nearby. Arrived very late but was checked in promptly by a very friendly and polite receptionist. The room was very well presented, very comfortable. Excellent decor, well maintained too. Despite being next to the QEII Bridge I didn't hear any road noise. The toiletries, tea & coffee facilities were great. The clock radio was a great added extra.
Breakfast was excellent, good selection etc (freshly squeezed orange and smoked salmon - nice touch). The staff in the restaurant were attentive and friendly. More than happy with my stay.
Previous reviews mentioned it being a poor Hilton but I think this may be due to the age of the building. Can't fault it really!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest

Your comments regarding our well presented rooms with great facilities and excellent breakfast are very much appreciated.

Hilton Dartford Bridge

Been to Hilton Dartford Bridge? Share your experiences!