“Excellent overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford

You added Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   University Way | Dartford Bridge, Dartford DA1 5PA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Dartford
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent welcome from reception staff. Hotel more than met our requirements for a one night stay. Room was quiet, clean and comfortable. We particularly appreciated the large bath towels. Breakfast was good and exceeded expectations.
On the whole, provided a very good impression of Holiday Inn Express - as a result we will certainly seek to use them again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your one night's stay with us.
We do offer great value for money in my eyes and a team that care about the customers and their needs.
I am pleased that you thought breakfast was of a good standard as we have worked hard over the past few months at ensuring we get the offering right.

I am pleased that we left a good lasting impression on you from our point of view as a hotel team and of course from our brand perspective.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Express London Dartford when you visit the area again.

Anthony Greenidge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

When travelling down from Cardiff to visit family and friends I have booked my father in at the Holiday Inn Express at Dartford a couple of times now. All he needs is a bed for the night and breakfast as he spends most of his time out visiting family and friends.
On his latest visit he found his room to be cold and the heating not working, he went down to reception and a very nice receptionist who he has seen there on several of his visits said she would look into it. He went to get a drink while she did and came back to say she could not find a fault but agreed the room was cold and she had put a heater in the room. On returning to the room my father found she had also left a card in the slot that controlled the light and electricity so the heater was already on and warming the room, problem solved 10 out of 10.
Unfortunately not everyone was so helpful, upon asking for a wake up call as he had an early start he was told to use the TV, when he explained he was not very good with anything technical he was told that they would leave a message on the board for the night porter but he would probably be to busy to knock on the door. Not very helpful! Couldn't somebody offer to show him or set it for him?
Also he has joined Priority Club, he should receive a newspaper of his choice but despite this being on the registration paper work is always told to help himself to one of the free I's instead of getting the paper that he wants. Why?
He will be returning to Dartford in the coming months and will expect better or it will be time to try another hotel!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear valued customer,

Firstly I would like to thank you for booking a room for your father again at the hotel.
I am happy to read that the problem with the heating system was rectified for your father and we did so quickly and effectively.
I am sorry to read that he had some issues reagrding the wake up call.
We do advise all of our guest's that we cannot guarantee a wake up call and I am confident that we would not have given the night porter being to busy as the reason.
I have taken onboard the comments about someone offering to set the wake up call for your father and I will address this with the team immediately.
I am pleased to read that your father is a Priority Club member as this is a sign of loyalty towards our brand. As a Priority club member you are entitled to various benefits and as you quite rightly mention one of these is a complementary weekday newspaper, at the Holiday Inn Express London Dartford we offer the i paper midweek and the Independant at the weekends.
When your father returns later in the year if he could ask to speak to me upon his arrival and I will be more than happy to discuss the issues that he encountered, I will show him how to set the wakeup call on the TV and discuss the member benefits for Priority Club members.

Once again thank you for you taking the time to leave a review about your father's stay and we look forward to welcoming him to the hotel soon.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many many times, and this visit experienced several changes. The room was adequate though there was a bad smell eminating from the bathroom basin. The bedroom was noisy during the night with noise from a machine somewhere. The guest vending machine was not in use, the microwave was out of order, there were no tourist information leaflets of activities in the area, and the breakfast was a shambles. On arrival for breakfast, there were no glasses for juice, no cups for tea, no knives with which to cut or butter toast, and no plates. In the end we gave up and took a small paper cup of milk back to the room and made a cup of fresh tea there.
There are now other budget hotels in the area which must offer a better experience than this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am however sorry to hear that you encountered some issues whilst you were here.
It was unfortuante that both the guest microwave and vending machine had broken at the same time and with it being the Festive Holidays it was more difficult for our contractors to source the parts needed. I do know that the team however did move all of the contents from the vending machine to bar area so that customers still had the opportunity to purchase the vending items.
We did experience high volumes of people during the festive break for breakfast and we had signs available advising customers of our busiest times, I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy our breakfast as this is not the usual level of service that we expect to offer.
I would appreciate if you could contact me at the hotel directly to discuss this issues further on either 01322 290 333 or by email on : gm@expressdartford.co.uk.

Once again thank your choosing to stay with us as I do believe that we do offer excellent value for money in the area and I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to restore your faith in the hotel and the brand.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I was visiting Dartford on a night out with friends and needed a twin room with good disabled access for a friend with restricted access.

The hotel is a bit away from town but right next to junction 1a of the A282/M25 and the Dartford Crossing, which was ideal for my needs.

The check-in was relatively efficient, although I had to ask for an extra key card for the room (it was a twin after all) and the second card was faulty so I had to get it re-scanned. That was just a short walk for me but could have been inconvenient from my friend if she was on her own.

Into the room and I was delighted with the wet room facility and the shower. Ideal for someone with restricted movement and my friend was so amazed.

We ate out but stopped at the bar for a few drinks on our return. I think the person on reception also serves at the bar, so you may have to wait for a time if someone is checking-in late, but the service was quite friendly.

The beds were also extremely comfortable too, so we managed to get a very good sleep after a very busy night.

We didn't have breakfast in the morning but having stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before I can say it was plentiful if a little limited in choice, but usual included in the cost of the room.

The check out experience was lovely. My friend and I got talking to a lady who used to be part of the management team at the hotel. My friend was on crutches and so the receptionist enquired what happened to her. A genuine, supportive and practical conversation followed and left me feeling the receptionist was a true ambassador for the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear valued customer,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us.
I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed the time that you spent with us.
Apologies that you was not offered a second card for the room and that one of the cards were faulty.
Our accesible rooms are very spacious and offer a wet room and I am pleased that your friend was impressed by this.
We do pride ourselves on our great customer service and I would really appreciate you contacting me directly at the hotel with your stay dates so that I can reward and praise the member of staff that took tha time to engage in conversation with you.
The team here really are passionate about service and taking the time to take a genuine interest in all of our guest's.
I can be contacted on 01322 290 333 or by email on:
gm@expressdartford.co.uk

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again to the hotel when you are in the area.

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Dartford H.I.Express for 2 nights and were very pleased to find the high standards set for this hotel were still being kept.It is a few years since we last stayed here but the decor,cleanliness and efficiency of the staff were great.Breakfast although a little limited was hot and plentiful.The rooms are comparitvely large for this standard of hotel.Our stays at comparable hotels like the Premier inns or Travelodges do not come anywhere near the value given by this Holiday inn

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Anthony G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear valued customer,

It is really great to read positive reviews about our guest's stays and I am pleased to read that you feel we have maintained the high standard that has become expected from us.
The team here at the Holiday Inn Express really do care passionately about service and they are always looking at ways in which to improve the level of service provided.
The Housekeeping team work tirelessy to enure that all areas of the hotel are well maintained and clean.
It is really good to see that all of the hard work and effort but in by the team does pay off.
Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again soon.

Pudsey, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

On the south side of the Dartford crossing so there is some road noise. It didn't help that the window in our room was warped so did not seal properly but because we arrived very late at night we put up with it. Room size average, bed very small! Breakfast was ok. Only paid £50 for room and breakfast so it was ok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us.
I am sorry to read that you had experienced a problem with your bedroom window whilst you was here with us.
Our rooms are as spacious as those in the area and all of our double rooms ahve double beds within them.
I am pleased to read that you were able to take advantage of one of our fantastic deals, which we have available all year around.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay with us.

chester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This hotel is simple and meets the needs of the business traveller - but at £80 a night you cant help thinking that you would get better value elsewhere.

There is nothing wrong with this place at all - its just average - and thats ok - but dont expect more.

Rooms are nice and clean with everything you would expect from an express hotel.

Food and Bar - also ok - for an express hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read that the hotel provided and catered for your travel needs.
We do pride ourselves on affordable accommodation, with excellent links into London, Kent and Essex, with of course complementary breakfast to all of our guest's.
Our rates are extremely competitive for the area and the further out that you book the better the deal you can find.
We do offer a restaurant and bar service at the hotel and again we believe that we are more than competitive with our prices for the area.
I hope that you can welcome to back to the hotel again soon when you visit the area.

Anthony Greenidge

Been to Holiday Inn Express London - Dartford? Share your experiences!