“Great food, great service” 4 of 5 stars

01622 675 248
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Zizzi - Maidstone is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #79 of 224 Restaurants in Maidstone
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Zizzi Italian restaurant in Maidstone features its own traditional pizza oven, sparkling olive vats and plenty of other interesting details influenced by the local area. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Maidstone
“Great food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Been here multiple times, food is always nice, service always good. The one time I did have a question about the food the manager took it off my bill! (it was only about the lack of meatballs in my Calzone) so pleasantly surprised as I was expecting an apology. However, went there the other night with my boyfriend (it wasn't very busy) and was welcomed and seated straight away by who I assume was the manager as he had a shirt and trousers on, after a couple of minutes he got our order. He was very friendly and enthusiastic, I'm a waitress myself and actually felt like I learnt off him whilst he was serving us. Overall, the food was amazing as well as the service.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Microwave food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This is unfortunately mass produced and re heated food. Don't put your business with these big national chains, it's poor quality, didn't agree with me and I eat in a lot of different places around the world. There are many better places in Maidstone for the same money....

Visited March 2013
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Always have a lovely meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The service is always attentive and quick.
I have had some of the most enjoyable meals here as the atmosphere is always so relaxed.
They will change/ add to your dish on request - such as I ask for extra garlic or to have a different type of pasta with the sauce of my choosing, with no fuss.

I love the fritto misto starter - always tastes fresh and full of flavour. Much prefer zizi's to other chains! Good, well cooked food at a reasonable price. There are good independent restaurants in Maidstone- but when they're busy or closed zizzi's is my go to restaurants for a good meal.

Kent
“Overpriced, cant compete with real Italian restaurants”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We've only been here once before and werent impressed then - an undissolved stockcube sitting in a risotto is very off-putting - especially when it was followed with no apology from either the staff or the website. Nevertheless it was our daughter's choice for her birthday meal so we went again, and were reminded with each course why we usually go to Vesuvius. There is simply no comparison. At Zizzi's they seem determined to get the most customers served by the fewest staff possible, and it showed. The waitress tried her best but understandably forgot to bring something we'd asked for until reminded. Her service was dutiful rather than engaging - the total opposite of Vesuvius where you're greeted like returning cousins. The food was distinctly average - the pizza especially disappointing, with a mean smear of tomato sauce leaving the whole thing dry and unfinishable. The wooden board on which it was served made it difficult to cut. The pasta filled with ricotta was just horrible - dry and a nasty texture. My son left all the sauce for his own pasta dish (the hot thing with mascarpone). On top of all this, the drinks were wildly overpriced, especially the beer. In the end we left a tip simpy to try and boost the sagging spirits of the waitress. But it'll be Vesuvius again for us in future.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cuxton Kent UK
“Great value food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Zizzi's in Maidstone offers a good range of Italian inspired food, a friendly atmosphere and attention to detail. The manageress remembered us from a previous visit and treated us like royalty.

• Visited September 2013