“Calzone” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Maidstone
“Calzone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Just had a calzone in Pizza Express in Maidstone. Advertised as the best calzone this side of Naples. We think not. Walk 10 metres down the road to Zizzis. Way, way better. Mind it would not not take much to Improve upon want was in fact a ham pastie. Whilst in full moan mode must also mention that was sat at a table next to the window but can't complain too much because the sweat dripping off. my forehead did add a little bit of flavour to my pastie. Mind the staff were very pleasant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Yes it's a chain, but one we like to go back to!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I love italian food, and although I like going to independant resturants, you really can't beat the pizza they serve! I've been going since I was around two years old, and I still think its the best pizza outside rome. I don't care that the dough comes in frozen, topping combinations are amazing, and you won't find the flavours as good anywhere else. We love to go on Wednesday's mainly, as an orange customer you can get two for one (even for the most expensive pizza and fizzy water you'll be amazed to pay around £15 for two!!!!) Book ahead, this place is always busy of an evening. Not a great fan of their pastas but their salads are AMAZING, especially the warm vegetable and goats cheese one. Date night again next wednesday I think, meal and cinema for around £25 if your an orange customer!

Visited February 2013
Maidstone
“Disappointing pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Having eaten here many times int he past - I was so disappointed today when I had lunch with my office colleagues.

The pizza was burnt around the edges - too thin to support the topping - and by the time it arrived at the table was dripping in oil .. and a premium price to pay for a poor example of a pizza.

A service charge that was added to a group of 7 was just that. Very little service for a premium charge.

As a bit of a pizza fanatic having lived in NYC for several years this was an extremely disappointing experience - I mean how can you go wrong and charge £9.50 to deliver a limp, burnt piece of dough with 3 fresh basil leaves?

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sevenoaks
“Good food, good time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food is always of a standard here. The thin pizza was probably a little too crispy but the fillings were generous. The antipasti starter was varied and delicious. I like the idea of a small cake and a hot drink to finish which is all I can manage usuallly. We went to see Beverley Craven perform. Having not seen her for about 20 years, we thought she was still very good. However, we were up in the gallery where the view isn't so good and it is very dark (you have to use the torch app on your mobile to read the menu!) but worse than that we were very near a table of 8 who never stopped talking loudly and heckling throughout the performance which totally spoilt it for us (and others around us) as it made it difficult to hear and enjoy. Perhaps there should be notices on the tables or as you go in to respect others by keeping talking to ordering food only during a performance or a member of staff should be empowered to tell noisy tables to quieten down.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect , great customer service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend have been regulars here for the last 3 months. The service is great , the food is always up to standard and the main room is just such a good atmosphere , people watching is the best. Always check online for vouchers though ! Usually 40% of all food or bogofs , just brillaint!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere