“Warm welcome and value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Oakwood House Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oakwood Park, Maidstone ME16 8AE, England   |
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Maidstone
London, England, United Kingdom
“Warm welcome and value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here whilst working in the area and enjoyed a really warm welcome from Robert, the extremly capable manager and his team. Its primarily a conference and training venue - located in the middle of what appears to be a student campus- so its not the away from it all retreat some of the pictures portray. There are also regular large weddings which mean they tend to take over. All that said, I had a great room, highly competitively priced which was far better than any of the Premier Inn style alternatives. Food was tasty and the power shower excellent. Its probably not a place for a weekend break - but for what I needed it really did the trick

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the function rooms and barely heard the wedding which was taking place...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Paul E, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Peter C
Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at Oakwood House. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I know Robert will be pleased to read the personal feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I were very disappointed in Oakwood House where we went to spend a special evening, On arrival first impressions were fantastic, but as soon as we got inside we realised we were in a conference centre and not a Hotel. We had booked an executive room, however this was small , nothing like an Executive Room, also the gift he had requested to be put in the room never materialised!.. We then decided to go to the Restaurant for our special evening meal, only to find that just the bar was open and only Bar snacks were available, this was really disappointing especially as my husband had phoned to check their was a restaurant, if we had been told there was only bar snacks we would never have booked our stay. Well we decided to make the best of things, only for it to get worse, the meal was not good at all. when we asked for Pepper Sauce with the steak it was a bowl of Gravy , and when I complained the chef just added white pepper to the gravy!
Next morning we asked to speak to the Duty Manager to discuss our concerns, however the "Duty Manager" had no authority to discuss with us, and even though she took my business card and promised to contact me, here we are a week later with no contact! , just about sums up the whole stay here - never again, and I suggest if you have a special evening choose somewhere else !

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for an executive Room, as they are not premium rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Julie B
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent stay. I was sorry to read your comments and please accept my apologies for the poor impression you have gained on this occassion. We are a multi purpose venue however please let me assure you we aspire to give all of our customers the best possible experience. If you would like to contact me at the hotel I would be happy to discuss this further with you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I stay overnight regularly and usually use economy high street brands. This time I used Oakwood House because it was cheaper than the cheap stay motels. The rooms are freshly upgraded. Meals freshly cooked, plentiful and very reasonably priced. Service was exceptional. When I checked in I asked what time the kitchen stopped serving food as I would not be back until 9pm ish. I arrived back at 9:20pm and ordered food. When I was served, the waiter asked if I was the lady who had enquirer about the kitchen times at reception. I was impressed that the message had been relayed. They had been concerned to ensure that I was not left hungry. I haven't had that service in even the most expensive hotels. Well done all round for professional service, friendly greetings and fabulous food.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Dorothea G
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oakwood House. I was delighted to read your comments and to see that the team delivered on their promise. I know the team will be delighted to hear your feedback.
Bo'ness
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is about my fourth time at the Oakwood and it has never disappointed me again rooms very comfortable, breakfast excellent and evening meal was well presented and tasty. In all a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Really good price with B&B included in the price all rooms so far have been very comfortable
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear cct001
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House and I am delighted to read you have enjoyed your stays with us. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business a few weeks ago and found it to be a nice hotel and all the staff were very helpful and friendly. Room was compact but with everything you need. There were a few hairs in the bed though so could have been cleaner. I ate at the restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner and found that there was a good choice and quick service. There is not much near the hotel in regards to shops or restaurants so easiest to stay there for food or drive into town.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear pearl2106
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your recent stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the facilities and catering we had to offer. Guest comfort and cleanliness is my upmost priority and I will ensure your comments regarding your bedroom are passed back to the Housekeeper.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

On 16th June 2012 my daughter and son in law had their wedding at Oakwood House Maidstone. My husband, myself, son, daughter and my brother and his family who were visiting from America stayed the night before the wedding. On the day of the wedding I was on hand to see that everything was running smoothly. It was indeed. The whole day was absolutely fabulous. The staff could not have been more helpful. We went for the top package which included a toastmaster who helped to keep the day running to time and took control of everything leaving us time to enjoy it.

The ceremony was brilliant, the venue ideal for photographs, food wonderful. The whole day was magical and could not have been better. The evening buffet was extensive and, unlike some venues, the food was not packed away at 10pm but left for people to enjoy.

We had a lot of people staying over. Breakfast the next day was equally good.

I would ABSOLUTELY RECOMMEND Oakwood House for your wedding day.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review Oakwood House following your stay and event last year. The team will be delighted to recieve your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I can assure the previous reviewer that there was a wedding taking place at Oakwood House on the above date. The whole day and overnight stay was lovely. The staff were great, friendly and very helpful, a extra mention to the housekepper and her staff, who helped my husband and I when the door pass wouldn't work. The food was of an excellent standard,throughout our stay, including the buffet breakfast this morning. The table servers were friendly and very efficent, and the bar staff worked their socks off, and kept no one waiting, and this was a big wedding and evening reception I can assure you, many of the guests had to go off site to book rooms in other hotels as our party took all the rooms in Oakwood House. All in all the venue helped to make the wedding very special.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
oliver967, General Manager at Oakwood House Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear reviewer
We are sorry to hear that you thought that service was slow on the Christmas Party you attended. We have carefully checked our records and the service at your event lasted just 2 hours. This was a three course dinner for 230 people none of which have voiced any problems with the service other than yourself.

We would point out that Oakwood House is an independent Hotel not part of a chain. Our Christmas Brochure was published in September 2012 and we did not advertise a New Year 's Eve Event. We had a booking made in January 2012 for an exclusive use Wedding and the view of the owners and management was that the New Year's Eve Wedding booking was a preference for the Hotel in consideration of the economic climate.

The Management Oakwood House

Been to Oakwood House Hotel? Share your experiences!