“Friends 70th” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gareth Cox at The Townhouse

Gareth Cox at The Townhouse
74 King Street, Maidstone ME14 1BH, England (Formerly King Street Hotel Restaurant)
01622 663266
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gareth Cox at The Townhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 204 restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: European, English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Town House hotel is a newly refurbished and extended 18 room boutique hotel that provides a relaxed environment for guests.The Town House hotel creates a unique and inviting atmosphere for diners in it's 20-30 seat fine dining restaurant.The new head chef Gareth Cox uses only the best of local and seasonal produce.Gareth has spent his career training under some of Britain's most influential chefs such as Gordan Ramsey, Richard Phillips and numerous 5 star hotels throughout London.
Kent
“Friends 70th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Brilliant food,service and staff. They bought out a birthday plate for our friend with home made chocolate etc on which was a lovely surprise. I think I am right in saying everything is locally sourced and made on the premises.

91% Recommend
“Evening out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Fantastic meal, went with the family! Management was v friendly,food was v good and atmosphere was lovely! Recommend to everyone

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“retirement meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

My friends and I came here to celebrate my retirement. I was greeted warmly by the staff my party was made to feel at home, the meal was exceptional lovely fresh produce, the presentation was art on a plate I can certainly recommend this restaurant, fine dining at reasonable prices

London, United Kingdom
“Lovely little restaurant with top quality food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I took my husband here for his birthday and I'm so glad I did! The service was top notch; attentive without hovering, polite,friendly and very helpful. The restaurant area was small but in a good way - it was quiet and intimate with chandeliers and candles on the tables. The décor was lovely too with the fireplace, chandeliers, soft colours and bay windows. And the food... every bit of it was delicious. We ate from the a la carte menu. My husband is a fussy eater so he had a selection of bread to start, which you would expect to be boring but even this was lovingly presented on a bread board with oil and vinegar and butter in two pots and it was absolutely gorgeous in flavour and texture. It was also warm when it came to the table which is always a plus with freshly baked bread! I had scallops to start and we both had the 28 day aged fillet for mains - the presentation is like something out of Masterchef the professionals. And the flavours were amazing, there were so many exciting pieces on the plate that it was almost hard to know where to go next. We really enjoyed the whole experience. I would highly recommend for special occasions if you're looking for somewhere with just a bit more to it in Maidstone; not a chain restaurant or a gastro pub. The price I think is more than reasonable considering what you are getting - it is fine dining! I believe you would pay much more for this in London and on Fridays if you order 3 courses at the moment you can have a free bottle of house white... we didn't take them up on this but would in the future. As we didn't drink wine I cannot comment on the wine menu nor how much it was - I can only apply my opinion on prices to the food. Neither of us could manage a dessert because we filled up on the bread and the mains were deceptively filling but I am absolutely going to have to go back to sample a sweet... if they are even half as good as the mains we had I'll be in sweet tooth heaven.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

although a little late on the review...
I came to the town house in the summer months, for a highly recommended lobster BBQ. I wasn't disappointed, it was outstanding, as much lobster as I could eat, always a winner in my eyes.

I would definatly come back, especially after looking at their Christmas menus!!

• Visited August 2013