“BRILLIANT” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“BRILLIANT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have been here a few times and the atmophere is great staff are very friendly food is amazing and the place is very clean and tidy. Good childrens play space and great decor.
The menu is varied and just right portion size. And great value!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words I am very pleased you enjoy your visits to mickeys rock and you are looked after by my staff be sure to let us know when your in next so we can thank you in person. We are also looking at getting a proper childrens indoor play area which will be even good to keep children entertained. Once again thank you for your support look forward to seeing you soon kind regards Hannah

“Would give 0 if possible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Having driven past many times today we stopped for lunch - what an awful experience.
The staff are rude and seem to have the policy of ignoring the customers.
The Pepsi was completely flat

The kids burger meals were embarrassingly small although once the adult burger meals arrived the only difference was some salad dropped in the burger. The salad had so many stalks I initially thought my burger had a worm in it!

When I asked the staff if the ten chips was a standard size they replied yes.

Once we started eating the burgers we found the smell of then was so bad it made eating them quite difficult. Still not sure if it was the smell of the dirty grease dropping from them or the cheese which was once grated but served as a lump especially on my sons burger.

A truly awful place to eat. No redeeming features at all, makes Wimpy look like a five star restaurant and certainly is not cheap. Menu states it sorces all of its food locally! I can only assume that our burgers got muddled up with the box marked shoe leather.

Avoid like the plague.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Hi I am very sorry your dining experience was not satisfactory for you and I am very upset to see such an unsatisfactory review as you can see from our other reviews this is rare. I can not apologise enough if my staff were rude to you this is not a problem I have come across before perhaps if you could inform me of the date and roughly the time you came in I can deal with the staff members on duty. As for the food I can only apologise if it was not up to scratch the child's menu is portioned for children under 10 and have never recieved feedback that size is to small but I will look in to this also we do put grated cheese in our burgers rather than cheap burger cheese but I can assure you it is freshly grated mature cheddar, however the burgers should be a lot larger than the kids burgers and have tomatoes onions and a mixture of iceberg and salad leaves but definatly not 9 chips, once again if you could inform me of the date and time I can ensure I speak with the chef to stop this happening again. This is a terrible shock to read such an awful review when we work so hard to provide quality service and food I will quite happily refund your money but would love to invite you back free of charge I will personally make sure I am there to cook your food to prove your opinion of us if you would like to contact me please do so on hannahjheeta402@hotmail.com
“Convenient and good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Have been using Mickeys at Bluebell Hill and now this one at Detling Hill on and off for quite a while now.
Staff always friendly and helpful enough. Food and value OK.
Handy for 'on the road' business meets with colleagues too.
Free wifi and they never mind you setting up your laptop to catch up with a bit of work etc

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi terry thank you very much for your review. I am pleased we provide a convenient place for you to continue your work whilst providing you with a pleasant atmosphere and good service. I notice you rate our food and value as OK if you have any feedback on this we are always happy to listen and improve we aim to provide top quality food at value for money prices if you feel this is not quite the case please pop in to see me or send me an email to hannahjheeta402@hotmail.com thank you again for your comments
Kind regards
Hannah
“An oasis of quality and value and that most important of all, good service. Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I popped in on the off-chance some time ago. Now I'm a regular. That says it all !! The staff are always courteous and the food is excellent. The end of month music night is a bonus - not to be missed if you're in the area. I am usually quite choosey about where I eat but this place ticks all the boxes. Try it and enjoy !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Very good roadside diner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Much improved since it changed ownership from Little Chef. The food is typical of a roadside diner, but it looks clean,fresh, and well presented. The service is prompt and polite. My only complaint is that the gents' toilet could do with refurbishment.

If you're looking for a motorway service area on the M2 or M20 it's well worth a detour onto the A249 to visit Mickey's instead.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
444Hannahj, Owner at Mickeys Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Hi John, thank you ever so much for your sharing your thoughts on mickeys. I am so pleased you feel we have improved from the little chef. As I have expressed in previous posts we are trying very hard to provide a good quality service for all our customers and hope to appeal to a wide audience. With regards to your comments about the toilets, I couldn't agree more. We are starting a refurb on all the toilets after the Kent county show event next week. In the mean time we have just employed a cleaner to come in twice a week to give them a deep clean. I hope next time time you come to dine with us you will be as impressed with our toilets as you are with our food. Many thanks again for you kind words.
Regards hannah