“Amazing night out” 5 of 5 stars

Maldon, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Amazing night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

It was our first visit so we didn't really know what to expect, except we had paid £20 each for the gig and the doors opened at £7pm. The price of the tickets does vary depending on who you are booking to see.

It was a small intermit room (I would say about 50 covers) all table faced the stage with all seating facing the stage. The atmosphere was buzzy with a sense of excitement.

The menu and cost is the same as any pizza express and the staff are excellent and very attentive, especially when the band started. They made sure you were still being serves drinks desserts extra throughout the gig.

The jazz band were amazing and the evening was fantastic. We will be going back and I would recommend this venue.

Visited February 2014

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“Why are the prices higher.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We were here to see Shakatak, great band that I have seen a couple of times both here and at Dean Street, Soho. Great night out! Pizza Express I am not so complimentary of, the menu is charged at a higher price than the general menu you will find at any Pizza Express! Why is there the need to charge £2-£3 more for each food choice because you are upstairs?

My warm goats cheese salad was very nice and I enjoyed my starter of sundries tomatoes, my husband however was really disappointed at the lasagne he ordered. I must admit that it looked like a Findus frozen meal, served on a terracotta plate to make it look authentic. It was thin, lacked meat and certainly wasn't worth around 11 quid! The garlic bread also a disappointment. But I just had to send back the chips we ordered as a side, double baked with cheese and mustard, sounded lovely and probably were but you actually got JUST 8 chips for a fiver. Please stop ripping people off just because they have paid to see and enjoy the music isn't a reason to charge more.

Visited February 2014
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good quality but value for money eating out in Maidstone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Myself and my wife looked at a few of the many places to eat out in Maidstone and decided on this as we wanted something to eat that was a bit spicy and garlicy. The music room was modern but tastfully done. Very clean and well presented. As soon as we walked in the door the service was great, shown to a table and asked if it was OK. Drinks came quickly. The waiter was excellent, well trained and very effiecient and pleasant, the odd joke went down well. The food was excellent, we only had a pizza but it was so well cooked, thin and crispy as we like, not oily and the ingredients were fresh and spicy. I would recommend this restaurant anytime.

Visited May 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Soul Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We visit this venue quite a lot over the course of a year and have seen some great acts. The music rooms are quite intimate and the atmosphere can be great. The food is off the general pizza express menu, which is very good, recommend a visit, you do need to book through their website.

Visited March 2013
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Jazz Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It was a great evening and great music! I went for my Birthday and I think it would be great to get more young people involved! They even sang me a special Happy birthday!!
I eat here all the time aswell so it was great to see another side of Pizza Express!

Visited April 2013