“Xmas Party with Entertainment at the fab Mu Mu's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 26 attractions in Maidstone
Type: Dinner Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Madam Mu Mu is a Boho Chic Cabaret Restaurant where some of the best Cabaret acts from allover the UK appear. From Legends shows to Circus acts and the best Burlesque in the UK you will have an amazing night. Our Restaurant has been the Number 1 Restaurant on TRIPADVISOR for the last year. Designed by one of the best designers in the World, Jeff Meades.
Kent
“Xmas Party with Entertainment at the fab Mu Mu's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Went for our Xmas works party and it went down a storm with my friends and colleagues it s a real hidden gem to find such a trendy cool bar and restaurant in kent that has live entertainment, brilliant food and excellent staff and service. I would recommend Mu Mu ' s again and again you will never be disappointed weather it's a meal for two or lots of friends. The live music and show with our meal made our Xmas party that bit more special than the usual restaurants. We will be visiting again soon we promise:)

Visited April 2013

“Overall a Good Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We went to Madame Mumu for my sisters hen night we had a warm welcome from staff when we arrived. The entertainment was really good and everyone really enjoyed it. Our waiter was called Ernest and he provided a very good service. The only issue we had was our bill we counted our money numerous times to make sure it was correct which it was for the waiter to come back a say it was short. We was a bit worried as we had counted and double checked it before we handed the money over. The waiter kindly brought it back so we could recount again which in fact the money was correct. I would maybe advise in future that the waiters maybe count the money with the party before taking it away to avoid confusions like this as it was over £800 in cash that had to be counted which is alot of money to make sure is correct. As a good will gesture we did get the service charge removed which was good. We also had a problem with our cab on the way home which didn't turn up and the staff outside very kindly arranged transport home for 6 of our party.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Another Great Night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Have just had my 50th birthday celebrations at Madame Mu Mu's with friends and family. The entertainment was great (Burlesque dancers) and the food as good as ever, service superb (thankyou Molly!) and nothing was too much trouble. This was our second visit to Madame Mu mus and each time its been a really enjoyable experience. There was ten of us in total and I would definatley recommend this venue. Thankyou Ciaran, Sarah and family and staff for making my birthday so special.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“School dinner?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Well where do I start? The over cooked dry salmon? The lacking in prawns prawn cocktail? The inconsistent pricing at the bar? Or should I focus on the awful entertainment? I visited with a large party on Saturday night and really wish we went elsewhere, small portions were the norm, the pâté starter a total rip off, empty glasses and bottles were removed from our crowded tables until I asked. At times here was only one person behind the bar. The singer was poor, his Freddie Mercury impression was up there with the X Factors chicken farmer, go spend your hard earned money elsewhere, overpriced, overhyped and totally classless

Ciaran O, Owner at Madame Mu Mu, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hi and Thank you for your review. I do know yourself and your Wife and somewhat surprised by you hating everything. Where to start.? With the fabrication of there only being one member of bar staff when there were actually 3, or the lack of prawns you had in your starter, or the fact you thought the Pate was a rip off as to its size .
Sorry you thought the Salmon was dry. I know you are a big man , but we get plenty of people in who are your size and build and we have never been questioned by our size portion, in fact sometimes its the opposite, so maybe its down to your usual food consumption, that you were disappointed , and not the quality itself.
As for the entertainment, sorry you hated the singer. You didn't mention Madam Mu Mu herself or the other Circus acts and the Clown table magician, who are all regular performers at the Cafe de Paris in London, but I am guessing you hated them too.

Sometimes its not always possible to please everyone. We are just very grateful that Madam Mu Mu is the top attraction in Maidstone voted by Tripadvisor reviewers.

It is worth mentioning that you have posted your review to the Wrong Restaurant.
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Best entertainment in Kent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I went to the burlesque show on Saturday with my wife and friends .What a delight ,greeted by Madame MuMu who was majestic,royally entertained by a wonderful singer and three enchanting dancers ,I cannot wait to go back.
The food was not brilliant but providing a menu that is acceptable to all when providing for a packed house is not easy.
I would suggest that adding sharing platters suitably named such as Madame MuMu's spread would add to the fund.
Service was excellent and the staff seemed be enjoying themselves as much as the guest , I spoke to one in the gent a young accountant from Bangladesh who absolutely loved working at the club.
In January I sent my staff out for a night and they choose MuMu, I ducked out thinking it was too young and trendy for me.
What a mistake I may be 50 but I won't turn down the opportunity again