“Chicken and ice cubes?!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #154 of 204 restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Italian, Mexican, International
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Bringing together World's favourite cuisines - Italian, Chinese, Indian, Mexican & Sunday Carvery. Over 80 dishes to choose and also our expert chef's can make you a fresh Stir-fry & Pasta dish just the way you like it. Our team aim is to provide all our guest an excellent value, great service and memorable dining experience.
Kent
“Chicken and ice cubes?!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I rarely visit these buffet places because they are notorious for lukewarm low quality food with potential to make you very sick. Reluctantly I visited Yummy Yummy with a friend who loves buffets. Initially I was surprised- staff were attentive, ordered our drinks straight away and guided us over to the buffet area but there are bigger issues that lay beneath.

As with most buffets there is a heavy emphasis on Indian and Chinese cuisine. There were a good selection of curries, rice and noodles. I tried the Korma which was bland, the rice unfortunately was very starchy and not that warm so I couldn't eat it. The lamb rogan-josh was good and surprisingly not greasy. The spring rolls were nice but were only just warm.
There is a cooking station where you can pick ingredients to make a stirfry. This looked really good with plenty of choices- peppers, onions, bean sprouts, prawns, chicken etc.

The salads are not chilled and just sit on the side all day in a bowl. This goes the same for everything that isn't under a hot counter. This is very concerning considering that the buffet starts for lunch and is open until late evening.. didn't see any temperature probing or equipment to do so.

The ingredients for the make-your-own stirfry: none of these items are kept chilled, merely in a bowl. What shocked me most is that the bowl of chicken contained 4 small ICE CUBES as an attempt to keep it chilled.. Is this some kind of joke? Do they want to make people sick?

Drinks were overpriced and small glasses.

Everyone loves cheap eats but improvements are clearly needed at this place. Take extra precautions if you are taking children.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

31% Recommend
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Will go again... Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This has been a good find. I've seen this restaurant from outside few times and looked inviting. Me and the missus decided to try this place on satuday. The selection Of cuisines has been thought through and well prepared. the staff was attentive and polite. I liked the chinese sweet ans sour chicken and the missus like the italian pasta. The salad looked fresh and to top it all the desserts were yummy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maidstone Kent
“Brilliant Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Slightly surprised at all of the negative reviews for this place on Trip Advisor. They made me a little apprehensive about booking a table but I decided to risk it and my party of 6 went for a Saturday night out.

I can honestly say that we were more than pleasantly surprised. The staff were excellent, very attentive and extremely helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Our table was ideally placed although the place was pretty full.

The choice of food on offer was extensive. I disagree with the last couple of reviews as the selection could not really have been better, The range of starters was good and regularly restocked. There were a whole host of main courses that all looked very good, and the deserts were probably the best I've ever seen in a buffet style restaurant.

The best and most original thing was the pizza and pasta, the chef cooked your pizza or noodles to order from a selection of incredients. It was excellent.

There seemed to be a few discounts available that would have reduced the price but as far as I was concerned it was very reasonable.

We had a great night at Yummy Yummy and would recommend it to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Food Choices, Service & Quality shocking”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We Visited this resturant at the beginning of December for a friends gatering for a birthday meal, Had passed it many times and the menu impressed us so gave it a go.

Bearing in mind it was a saturday night before Christmas and the place was almost full was disapointed at the lack of choices on offer, I struggled to find anything to eat that I liked and the food I did eat was bland and tasted like cheap supermarket microwave meals.

The layout of where they place food is rather odd - Yorkshire puddings in the starters??

You can choose to have a stirfry cooked while you wait but the fact Prawns were just left on the side with no ice or refridgaration ment I passed, I'll come back to the prawns later!

Most of the food looked like it had been hanging around for hours and was lukewarm. The pizza made me laugh, It was no word of a lie, a £1 pizza from iceland cut up!

Took over half a hour for the waitress to come over and serve us drinks, even though she knew we was there and made eye contact half a dozen times before!

Back to the prawns, One of our table had a prawn stirfry and spend the next 3 days with well lets just say "ill".

For the price Its not worth it, made them take off the 10% service charge as refused to pay it, lots of other tables did the same.

I think they need to concentrate on providing a few different cultures of food and not try and cover half the world as its clearly not working. Its a shame really as we was looking forward to our experience here which sadly left us disappointed and one of us extremely ill.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Not so Yummy Yummy”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Went here just after Christmas before the Cinema. Show your ticket and get 15% off bill!
The choice isn't really much. There was no Peking Duck- they always have that in a Chinese Eat All You Can!
I had them cook me fresh noodles with beef. Wouldn't have salad as was sitting in the warm or prawns for same reason.
The tacos were rock hard and there was nothing to put in them except cheese and a few greasy peppers in a sauce.
The deserts were best with Choc Fountain and marshmallows!
Waitress was sweet and efficient.
Considering cost at £10 a head there was not much of a selection so will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Food