“Such a let down” 2 of 5 stars

Description: This is a new restaurant recently opened at Maidstone Museum
Description: This is a new restaurant recently opened at Maidstone Museum
“Such a let down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited the cafe with my children following a trip to the museum it's such a shame that the food greatly lets the lovely staff down. Ordered a children's lunch box the bread was stale and dry and the cheese filling was huge big slabs of cheese so made it really dry and tough to eat, there was a limited selection of crisps or other finger foods that my 16 month old could have eaten such a shame as I'm sure most of the visitors to the museum are family's with small children I also ordered chocolate cake that to arrived dry and stale, the staff were absolutely brilliant helpful and friendly and happy to help its the food that is a major issue it has put me off of visiting it again and the barge restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Gillingham, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Having seen the reviews, thought we would try this cafe. What a disappointment. The board stated sandwiches, jacket potatoes and salads. My husband ordered a salad, only to be told they no longer did salads, but were not able to change the board - for some reason. 3 choices of jacket potato. Very wobbly table, Hot chocolate cold and had to be asked to be re-heated. Sandwiches all pre-boxed and uninspiring. Noisy fridge next to our table. The room was lovely, but there was no atmosphere and al ack-lustre welcome. Will not be going back and certainly would not visit the Barge restaurant that is affiliated with thiscafe.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“THE ONLY GOOD CAFE IN MAIDSTONE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I always find it difficult when going to a cafe because the prices are sky high and the food is always a dry and horrible mess. Places like Costa and Nero are chains and you can never really expect much of them anyway. However, when I first stepped into the Deli Cafe in Maidstone museum I realised I has stumbled across a secret haven.

There is much more here than meets the eye. I brought my two kids with me, they helped themselves to pick and mix while me and my husband had a choice between various sandwiches, salads and cake. We all had something to drink and eat and I only spent a little over a tenner.

They do great deals and the place is very spacious. Plus i was given a 15% discount voucher for next time I come.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Maidstone
“What a wonderful place to go and explore in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I couldnt believe my eyes when i set foot in the museums new cafe deli it was an absoult pleasure the staff were great freash sandwiches made every day cakes, brownies, salads, they even had a pick an mix stand which my niece got very excited about. The best thing was everything in sight had been made in kent all products are kent produced i thought it was great.