“Lovely every time” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Kent, United Kingdom
“Lovely every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We go here every year for my boyfriend's birthday. It's become a bit of a tradition. The staff are brilliant, the food is lovely and it's reasonably priced. What more could you want!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“as good as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We eat at the Spice Hut quite regularly - usually during the week after work - so decided to celebrate my birthday there last Saturday. The restaurant was absolutely packed and even though we had booked we had to wait for a table, but once the food arrived it was as good as ever.

We like the Spice Hut as the food is always tasty and hot, and each dish is different - unlike some Indians where everything looks and tastes the same. We have always found the staff friendly, and appreciate the courtesy shown to us each time we enter the restaurant - a welcoming handshake from the manager and 'how nice to see you again'.

All in all a good eating experience which we will continue to enjoy in the future.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Awful service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Ordered online for delivery when it did not arrive after an hour I phoned them to be told they were waiting for me to collect it and they were closing now, they refused to give me a refund even though my order receipt clearly showed it was for delivery and an estimated time of delivery. The staff were extremely rude and unhelpful would never recommend again 0 stars!!!

Visited February 2014
“Used to go here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Just had a take away from here as we usually like this place. The take away was cold and part of my order was missing, I called up and said my order was not complete and he said next time he will make sure my order is complete, thought that this was wrong as I had paid for this item and finally after a lot of talking persuaded them to bring me the part of my order that was missing!!
Will not be going here again!

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worst Takeaway Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had the misfortune to order a takeaway on New Years eve for our selves and some friends .
It was a total disaster !! it took over two hours to eventually get it although we were told forty five minutes . when we eventually went and picked it up there was no salad or sauce with the starters also the samosas were not cooked, only a very small tub of mango chutney with the six papadams we had ordered.
there were three portions of rice missing and the sag paneer side dish turned out to be sag aloo.
Never Again to be avoided