“Unassuming venue but out of this world food!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 204 restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: This has very recently opened and has replaced the cafe 'Dancing Dishes'.
Tilbury, England, United Kingdom
“Unassuming venue but out of this world food!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

At first glance this restaurant looks like it could be a bit rough and ready, but believe me the service and quality of food more than makes up for it! Best Prawn Puri I have ever tasted! Next time we are in Maidstone we will definitely be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
London, UK
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Thought we'd try this place since none of us had eaten Nepalese food. If you like Indian this should be for you - perhaps less spices but equally if not more tasty. The staff here are very friendly and helpful and being a smallish restaurant the dining experience is quite personal and cosy.

You will not be disappointed with the food - cooked well using good ingredients and at a very good price.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“The best restaurant so far in Maidstone and probably the cheapest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

It's great value for money
Friendly staff and a very tasty food
Home cooked food with fresh ingredients
Far better than any Indian or Chinese in the area.

Visited July 2013
“Delicious meal and a warm welcome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited this delightful restaurant on Wednesday evening 21st August. The meal was delicious, service excellent and, as always, we had a warm welcome. We thoroughly recommend a visit.

Visited August 2013
Kent
“Little gem of a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Wow, didn't realise this little restaurant even existed but now I know I won't forget the meal I had had there. Yes, it's small but the welcome was warm, service good and friendly, portions generous, value for money excellent and the food just lovely.
We called in on speck on a Friday night and I think that we were lucky to get in - I would certainly book ahead next time to avoid disappointment. I had gorgeous little spicy chicken dumplings to start just £2.50...delicious. For main I had a whole spiced sea bass on a sizzler platter with lots of onions..the fish was whole, head, tail, bones, crispy skin and all - just how I like it. A flavoursome potato dish to accompany was more than enough for me. My partner has little onion cakes with salad and sauce to start and a creamy chicken dish with peshwari naan bead and Himalayan pilau rice. Along with a pint of coke and a couple of beers the bill came to £33 and pence...hot towels, chocolate mints and an iced shot of Baileys with the bill made for a really good experience. Warmly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere