“Satisfactory Motorway Accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Maidstone

Days Inn Maidstone
You added Days Inn Maidstone to your Saves list
Days Inn Maidstone
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Roadchef Motorway Svc Area | M20 Junction 8, Maidstone ME17 1SS, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Satisfactory Motorway Accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was booked in by a company I was working for so not of my choosing. Having said that I could not fault either the accommodation or the staff. The usual tea & coffee facilities are provided and a decent TV.

Food in the restaurant was average for a Service Area.

Maidstone Services are very busy being on route for Dover. A word of warning, if you are a Trucker parking is a nightmare at night. arriving at 20.00hrsI had to park part on the grass verge and access road. They threaten enforcement action. According to the reception staff they don't enforce their threats. Parking appears not to be an issue during the day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Anthea S, Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I'm pleased you had a pleasant stay with us
Parking in the truck park can be very busy but reception will always be willing to assist with any problems you may have had

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I usually stay at the Hilton in Maidstone as it is closer to work, plus we get an attractive corporate rate. Unfortunately no rooms available so took a risk and tried this hotel.

Good price and was expecting something a bit better than a Travelodge.

Check in was nice and easy, pleasant and quick. Room was clean, had everything I needed with a comfy bed. To be honest that is all I need from a hotel.

Free wifi was good. Not particularly fast, but for email and basic web browsing it was perfect. You will not be able to stream movies or watch Iplayer, but you have a TV with a good range of channels for that.

No restaurant at the hotel, but it is built on the motorway services complex so you are only 60 seconds walk away from McDonalds, Costa and another restaurant.

It is what it is i.e. a hotel that you would use to get your head down for a night on the way to or from somewhere. Thats what it is, thats how it should be judged.

I thought it ticked all the boxes, but only half a box for slow wifi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay. . I'm delighted you found the room clean and comfortable
We have experienced a few problems with the Wi-fi but this has now been addressed
Thanks again for your review, and I hope to welcome you back to Days Inn Maidstone again soon
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed 1 night for an early Eurotunnel crossing. Would not use again. Lots of noise with people arriving late and departing early. WiFi not very good. "On-site restaurant" is the fast food outlet in the services.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your disappointing visit to Days Inn Maidstone. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. Feedback such as yours assists us in improving our service and property on a daily basis. Please be assured I will investigate the issues you raised and take appropriate action.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your visit and hope to see you during your next stay.
Carlisle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Did a stopover here and was surprised by the experience! Stayed in room 27, Spotlessly clean and had all the facilities expected. Ok, so we could hear a bit of talking from the next room but I find most hotels don't have adequate sound proofing. Considering we were in a busy services it was very quiet. The bed was a little soft to my liking but plenty of hot water and tea and coffee. Staff were friendly and appeared competent.

We will stay here again, well done!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your lovely review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us.
I hope we can welcome you back again soon
Guernsey, null, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here as nearest location to a family wedding we were attending, staying for a week in a budget hotel is not ideal as this really is more of a motorway stop-over hotel and not really fit for purpose as a family hotel. We were 2 couples with 2 children and whilst we did not expect much for the price, we were a bit disappointed to say the least. the hotel is very tired and in desperate need of an upgrade as it really is at the end of it's useful life in so many ways. There was free wi-fi which is invaluable to me as a travelling business owner with 2 businesses to keep in touch with. However the signal was weak and only worked halfway down the corridor, even though there appeared to be repeater boxes dotted about. Rooms were basic, tired but generally clean, beds again old and tired and need replacing.
Our main issue was that for 3 nights running the fire alarm went off at between 1am - 4am in the morning, I can't begin to tell you how badly this affected our stay. The reception were very understanding and apologetic and after the 3rd time I emailed the head office to complain as we were at the end of our tether and with2 extremely tired and irritable children through lack of sleep. the fact that we were also embarking on daily outings and hence long days was not helped by the lack of sleep. I now know what a newborns mother feels like! We did obtain a refund from the reception after authorisation from the head office which was appreciated. the head office also replied and offered a voucher for a complimentary stay in the future, however the voucher never materialised (surprise, surprise). Restaurant nearby was ok as well, good breakfast and you can get a money off voucher from the hotel reception which helps keep the cost down. However on reflection, I would say that if you can, then you should upgrade to a better quality hotel if you are staying for any length of time. However if you are passing through for 1 or 2 nights then probably ok Days Inn, I am still waiting for that comp. voucher if you read this!

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same no matter where you are, just further down the corridors as bagging fire door...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your disappointing visit to Days InnMaidstone. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
There was a problem with our fire panel in reception that covers the whole hotel which is why the alarm went off .The fault has now been rectified.but as I'm sure you understand that every time the alarm goes off we do need to check the hotel before the alarm is silenced .

I was unaware of the promise of a voucher please call me directly and I will arrange this for you

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The location of this hotel was exactly what we need for a one night stay. There were just a couple of things that spoiled the stay. The beds although seeming soft were not good to sleep on. The mattress and creaky springs inside let you know they were there every time you turned. A painful experience! Another thing was in the hallway leading along from rooms 1 on the ground floor there was a terrible smell of feet. Other than those couple of things the hotel is a budget and would be a good budget if the couple of problems were addressed. I must add that I left something in the room and after a call and a couple of days I had a call back and my item was posted back to me. If in the area again I may well pick another hotel as the comfort in the beds is top priority to me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Anthea S, General Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
I'm please you found our hotel to be of a good standard and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Derby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stay away with work at least 3 times per week and for the price this hotel in a gem.... Location handy for the M25, Rate paid fantastic, Staff are all really lovely, room immaculate and bed comfy. Overall I would give this hotel a 10 out of 10..... Stayed 2 nights wish it had been 3 (so good).........

Room Tip: Room 31.... two double beds (its huge)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn Maidstone? Share your experiences!