“Trip down memory lane.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Best Western Russell Hotel

You added The Best Western Russell Hotel to your Saves list
The Best Western Russell Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   136 Boxley Road | Penenden Heath, Maidstone ME14 2AE, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Maidstone
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Trip down memory lane.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

My sister mandy and i stayed at the Russell a few days ago.We were boarders at the school when it was a convent and were wondering if it still had charm,we were not disapointed.The staff were very welcoming,in particular Martin on reception and rachael in restaurant,we cant remember all names as we are getting on but all staff were lovely.our room was fabulous and the dining was great. I would recommend this hotel with its wonderful surroundings.We loved it and hope to come again.
Many thanks
Lee.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
MelissaBWR, General Manager at The Best Western Russell Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear Lee
Thank you for your kind review. It is always a pleasure to read such lovely comments about staff and the hotel as a whole. I shall be sure to show them to the team. We do hope you will return to the hotel in the future and Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

my sister and myself stayed at the russell hotel for 5 nights ,28th -3 may 2012 , the hotel used to be a convent school years ago which myself and my sister went to ,that was the purpose for our stay , we had a wonderful time , the staff were fantastic very helpful , nothing was too much trouble , the service was fantastic , the room was lovely , and spotlessly clean ,food was great ,all round great hotel , i just wish i could of stayed longer ,hopefully i will go back next year ,

mandy lord

Room Tip: well we had room overlooking the gardens which was lovely
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
MelissaBWR, Manager at The Best Western Russell Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
It was a pleasure to meet you both, and we are delighted that you had a great stay with us, and you were able to have a trip down memory lane from your old school days. We hope that you will be able to visit us again.

Kind regards from all of the staff at the Russell Hotel

Liane Bayliss
Sales Manager
Colchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

The Russell Hotel made us wonderfully welcome. The seating was well laid out and the room was beautifully decorated. The food was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. Altogether a very positive experience, we would highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
MelissaBWR, General Manager at The Best Western Russell Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Deborah A,
I am are delighted to read that you had a very enjoyable day for the 80th birthday celebration, Thank you for choosing our hotel. It is always a pleasure to read such compliments of our hotel, rest assure I will pass all of these on to all of my staff.
We do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel again in the future.
Thank you once again.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for one night for a wedding, which was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed the day, however, we were given a free upgrade due to having a loyalty card and were disappointed at the size and standard of the room, I dread to think what it would have looked like without the upgrade! Anyway, it was fine for one night. Until we went to go to bed. The noise from other guests was unbearable. Whilst the hotel was very good at following up complaints from two other rooms about the rowdiness of our neighbours and finally quieting them down at 3am(!), you could hear every single door creaking open and every movement on the floorboards from the surrounding rooms. The rooms were also REALLY hot, and too noisy from the traffic to open the windows. The bed was also two singles joined togther which was REALLY uncomfortable for two sharing. Overall one of the worst night's sleep I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MelissaBWR, General Manager at The Best Western Russell Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Reviewer
It is a pleasure to read that you had a very enjoyable day at the wedding you attended at the weekend, we were glad the weather remained dry for the special day.
We do our upmost to upgrade rewards cardholders, however this is subject to availability and not always possible when our other room types are pre-booked.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the disturbance caused by some of other guests in the hotel, although I am pleased to read that my night manager assisted you with this issue.
We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Margate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

stayed at the russell hotel for the weekend for a break. stayed in a suite, was lovely and very clean. we ate in the restaurant of the hotel at dinner and breakfast and cannot fault it at all. Staff were also very friendly and welcoming and also helpful. Will definately recommend this hotel to family and friends...

Room Tip: the suite is lovely and big..
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Tara
On behalf of the team and myself at The Russell Hotel I would like to thank you for your kind comments. It is always nice to read such compliments about the staff and the hotel facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back to hotel again soon.
Tonbridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Having arranged this as a Valentine's treat for my husband, I booked the Honeymoon Suite, was disappointed that it was just an over large room, with a very small sofa in it. The breakfast was disappointing, the sausage tasted of bleach and everything was swimming in grease. The bathroom was freezing cold. The staff were very friendly and helpful but we will not be returning.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
MelissaBWR, General Manager at The Best Western Russell Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Annie
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about out hotel
It has come as a surprise to read of your thoughts about the Honeymoon suite. I have spoken with my reservations manager and she recalls you mentioned the photos upon our website at the time of booking which is why she allocated that particular room to you
As bleach is not allowed on the premises what so ever, we have contacted our local butcher who supply our sausages who have assured us that they also have a bleach free working environment
I am so sorry that on this occasion we did not live up to your expectations, especially on such a special weekend as Valentines
birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

I stay here every 3 months or so on business. the hotel is dated but very quiet. the rooms are comfortable but can be very hot. The food is not very good in either the bar or the restaurant. It is never seasoned meaning it is generally bland and fails to live up to the expectations from the menu.

I always find the staff are friendly and generally helpful

• Stayed January 2012
MelissaBWR, General Manager at The Best Western Russell Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Paul
Thank you kindly for your review. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff.
Please accept my sincere apologies that our food did not live up to your expectations.
Negative comments about food in our hotel are rare so could I kindly ask you send me any further information so that I can investigate further? Alternitively any suggestions you may have to help us improve our services.
Feel free to either send them by post or by email: brian.nelson@therussellhotel.com
Thank you again for your comments and I do hope you will come and stay with us again soon.

Been to The Best Western Russell Hotel? Share your experiences!