“Fantastic steak” 5 of 5 stars

01622 688 655
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Buenos Aires Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 206 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Argentinean
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Buenos Aires Maidstone offers visitors a taste of the true Argentina, with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, traditional food, excellent wine and Tango shows. The restaurants are the realisation of Linda and Cristian Barrionuevo's dream of bringing a quality, affordable and authentic Argentine culinary experience to the UK. BA beef comes from cows reared on the Argentine pampas, where grass is plentiful and high in nutrients, making it tenderer and tastier than other beef. The wine selection is broad and an array of Argentine-inspired cocktails is on offer. A family-friendly favourite since opening in 2008, Buenos Aires Maidstone is Kent's only Argentine steakhouse.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Fantastic steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staying overnight at a B&B in Maidstone, the proprietor recommended this restaurant. We were able to get a table without booking on a Friday night, but we are sure this was only because we were eating very early - it filled up rapidly whilst we were there. Steaks of various cut and size, priced accordingly, were available and my husband had a rib-eye, I had a fillet. Both were cooked as requested and absolutely to perfection, and were mouth-wateringly delicious, some of the best we have ever tasted. We had them with fries and a mixed salad, also very good. The wine list was pretty expensive but that is to be expected in any decent restaurant nowadays. We settled for a bottle of the house wine - Argentinian of course- and this was so good we had another. The service was also excellent and we would recommend this place to anyone. We are just sorry we don't live closed to Maidstone because if we did this would be our regular restaurant of choice.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kent
“Lacks atmosphere & decent portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had a night at Buenos Aires last Saturday with family to celebrate my brothers 30th. Service was good, drinks orders were taken and served quickly and staff were polite. I did think it strange though that I couldn't smell anything cooking which I didn't like. The kitchen was open but the openings were behind perspex screens. I like going into a restaurant and being able to smell everything cooking and then watching it come out. Or perhaps it's just me!

When I ordered my steak I asked if there was a garnish on the plate and was told yes, but it was very small. I was expecting a fairly reasonable size meal for the price so didn't bother ordering any side dishes. Especially as they were around £5 per dish for a salad or green beans. When the meal came out it literally was a (beautifully cooked and best I've ever had) steak on a plate with two tiny pieces of wilted lettuce leaf. The chips which were a mean portion came separately.

I can't fault the steak but I felt the portions were mean especially as this isn't a cheap restaurant and the whole place lacked any sort of Argentinian ambience or atmosphere of any description.

We wouldn't go back personally. Could do MUCH better is pretty much my opinion.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“The best rib eye i've ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We went to the Buenos aires for the fifth time on sunday evening. It is fast becoming our favorite restaurant. I can honestly say, i have never had a better rib eye anywhere in the word that i have been!

kent
“Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The steak here is the best i have had in any restaurant also the Malbec Wine . but it is so expensive ,good for that special occasion.
My only gripe was the waiting staff they did not seem to be that knowledgeable,But they were very pleasant.

Visited January 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A taste of home for my fiancee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Went to BA restaurant on a Friday night in may. The purpose was to celebrate my father’s 70th birthday. There were 6 of us on total and we picked this place as my fiancée is Argentinean. Therefore big test to see if the food made the grade. I have to say that we were all delighted with the food and the service. Linda and her team looked after us very well and we would definitely go back again. I also ate my own body weight in Dulce Du Leche so will need to put in some gym time to work it off.

Visited May 2013