“Good location but that's about it” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Milton Keynes

You added Ramada Encore Milton Keynes to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Milton Keynes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   312 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2EA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Good location but that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Good location, 10 mins walk from MK Central. This is a bog standard hotel which clearly caters for business people who may not have much say in where they stay. The rooms are basic. TV is dreadful, bad picture and slow to respond. I've just stayed in a room where 2 plugs were faulty; and of course one of them was by mirror so doing my hair was a nightmare. General lighting in the rooms can only be described as 'dim'. The rooms on the 2nd floor are huge but the beds are so far from the TV, its virtually impossible to see. Sofas look as if they are ex-caravan, very red and plastic. There is an ironing room on the 2nd floor equipped with the cheapest iron imaginable that does not remove creases; when I asked if the hotel had a steam iron, I was told there wasn't one in the entire hotel. So beware - you may end up looking a mess if you stay here. I have only eaten breakfast once and it was average. I feel sorry for people who are paying the full rate out of their own pockets. Avoid.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor as its like sleeping in a hangar. The rooms are big but the TVs are very small
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you your online review of the Ramada Encore. I am pleased to see that you found the hotel location convenient for your visit.

Please accept my apologies that you were unhappy with the lighting in the bedrooms, I will keep this in mind for any future developments we make. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the steam iron. Please understand that your comments do not go unheard.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to give feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future where we can serve you better.

Garry Cruise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, Wales, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly reception staff and good location then its drops down from there. I stay in lots of hotels and they usually meets my expections for costs versus location however I was wrong in this case. My hotel room was very spare and bland. Only 4 tv channels and poor quality reception which took me back to the channel selection in the 1980's. I notice this was picked up in previous reviews but it looks like nothing has been done by hotel management. I say no more! One pillow each which was brick hard. My wife was mad that there was no mirrors in easy access to plugs for her hair drier. No wardrode, no iron or iron board. At this price I would have expected better quality for the price. Ive stayed in the nearby Holiday Inn and I will be staying there the next time. Improvements are required

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to see you found the location of the hotel convenient for your visit and the reception staff were polite. However, I am disappointed to read that you were unhappy with some of the amenities in your bedroom such as the TV quality and channels. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, this has been raised to us previously as you mentioned and we are currently waiting on the delivery of our new TVs. Please understand we are acknowledging and responding to the comments we read, your comments do not go unheard.

Thank you for also raising your comments regarding the lack of pillows and iron and ironing board, for guest preference we do have softer pillows and iron and ironing boards available on request to reception. The hotel also has an ironing room available. I apologise for any inconvenience caused and we hope to welcome you back in the future where we endeavour to serve you better.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The room was very bare, hooks for a wardrobe as there isn't one. No plugs in the bathroom no mirror by the desk/dressing table. Only mirror in room is by the door and bathroom so you have to wheel the chair to the mirror twist yourself to use your hair equipment and look at the mirror. Coffee and tea on a cheap b and b plastic tray. No bathroom a wet room. Only 5 channels. Read an earlier review in March and they said they are upgrading the channels, how long does this take!! Couldn't get wifi. £10 extra for parking after paying £87 for the room!!! midweek.No extra pillows. Bed rock hard. Had to wait ages for the plug in the wet room to go down. Bad layout of the room. Will never return. And last but not least don't open the window, very noisey

Room Tip: Don't got their
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. Here at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes we take pride in the positive feedback we receive, however we find negative feedback helps us evaluate and review our products and services. Please accept my apologies that you were unhappy with the room amenities and design during your stay. I will keep your comments in mind for any future developments or changes we make to the property.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and we hope to welcome you back in the future where we endeavour to serve you better.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have had an awful stay at the Ramada in MK. There were roadworks on Monday at 3am with no warning that they were going on!!! As a result I got zero sleep and was told it didn't happen despite having taken a video to prove it.

Rooms are basic at best with wooden flooring, a hard bed, a TV from the 90s and poor air conditioning.

The food is below par having experienced this and also saw one man leave without signing for his food.

This will be the last time I chose the Ramada in MK and will opt for a better hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to express my sincere apologies that you were unable to sleep during your recent visit to Ramada Encore Milton Keynes. I am very disappointed that your stay did not meet your expectations. Further to your email correspondence with the hotel management, due to the private road that the road works occurred on, the hotel were not informed about any works taking place. The night manager once informed of this situation assisted by moving you to a quieter room. I apologise that this occurred during your stay. I have contacted the company to inform them of the situation to ensure this does not happen again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Parking expensive an extra £10 if you use the hotel car park, best to park over the road as .40p will provide a space until 8:00am. Check in slow with limited places to sit if there is a large group. Rooms ok but wooden floors make for noise. Beds ok but the pillows are hard as nails and large. I finished up using a towel as a pillow. There are better places on offer for the money.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you your online review of the Ramada Encore, I am disappointed to read that nothing was particularly special during you stay at the hotel. Please accept my apologies that you were unhappy with the pillows in the bedroom as they were too hard for your liking. We are happy to provide feather or softer pillows, on request from reception, if you were to use one of the Ramada Encores again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed for one night in room 302. The bathroom had a wall of missing tiles under the sink and bizarrely the rooms floor was wooden (with gaps in between) in the room and very noisy. The tv was not modern (an old TFT) great potential and a fantastic meeting room shame about the attention to detail in the rooms.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad to read that you found the meeting room space fantastic. Please accept my apologies that there was a missing panel of tiles in the bathroom. I will raise this comment with the Maintenance department to ensure this is fixed promptly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback of your recent visit at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Redditch, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Chose this hotel for its central location and was very reasonably priced for a friday & saturday! Very impressed with the location of the hotel, as it was in the hub and in easy walking distance of the Xscape complex and the shopping centre. The room was spacious, clean and modern and the bed was very comfy. The bathroom was very clean and modern, with a wet room type shower although the water doesn't drain very well. This isn't helped by the fact the room has wooden floor as water gets trodden around the room. The only slight problem we had during our stay was that our TV didn't work, however this was sorted whilst we were out on the evening.
Overall I was very impressed with this hotel, mainly for location, and would definitely stay here when visiting again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to see that you found the hotel location excellent for your trip. Thank you for raising your comments regarding the slow shower drainage. I will ensure the Maintenance department are made aware of this to bring this back up to working order. Please accept our apologies that this occurred during your visit.

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback of your recent visit at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Garry Cruise

Been to Ramada Encore Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!