“knock knock” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Milton Keynes

You added Ramada Encore Milton Keynes to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Milton Keynes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   312 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2EA, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #23 of 35 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“knock knock”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a perfectly acceptable pod hotel leading out to the Hub at Milton Keynes. Spacious room though with few extras. Complicted TV, I had to push about 10 buttons on the remote just to get BBC1. First time I have stayed in a hotel room with its own dance floor - an expanse of wooden flooring between the comfy bed and the complicated TV. The heating/air conditioning didn't work and a knocking sound kept me company through the dark hours of the night.
The restaurant is very bright where the service was good. Really nice soup to start followed by a chicken curry. It works!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for commenting on your experience and that you enjoyed the food and service in the restaurant. Here at Ramada we take pride in our team and service so thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the air conditioning in the bedroom. I will ensure that Maintenance is checking the rooms and fixing any issues. Thank you for your feedback on this issue and please be assured that your comments will be addressed.

We looking forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes soon.

Garry Cruise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aylesbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

stayed here 27th November with 12 other colleagues for a conference.... unbeleivable - they don't tell you when you book that the car park needs a code - so when i arrived i had 6 cars behind me, had to leave my car at the entrance to the car park ( in the rain) go into reception to get the code - 'that will be £10 please' - i told them i was guest - 'yes but you can't book in until 12' - but i am here all day for a conference - 'yes £10 please, i will add it to your room bill'
went to reception at 13.15hrs to book into my room 'I'll have to check if any rooms are ready' - really!! all of the staff seemed to be there against their will and the guests were an inconvenience.. wifi was a pain to log in and out of and the TV in the room was useless. The night porter shut the bar at 1am - without notice and at breakfast they ran out of food..... the rooms cost £110 each.... i would never stay here again.. the staff are all in the wrong job!!

Room Tip: rooms in another hotel are better - in fact - another hotel is better
Dear Guest,

I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I am very disappointed and surprised to read that the staff appeared to be disinterested in your needs, it seems there has been an error in communication between the company and yourself because we do inform group and telephone bookings about the car parking arrangements prior to arrival. I can only apologise that on this occasion you were unaware of this arrangement and were therefore inconvenienced upon arrival.

With regards to the check-in, I am sorry that the receptionist did not explain the check-in. The hotel check-in time is from 14:00 and this is the reason why there could have been a delay upon arrival as the staff were ensuring your bedroom was ready for your earlier arrival. I can only apologise that this came across as being unhelpful. I will ensure the Reception Manager is made aware of your comments and this will be addressed with the team.

At Ramada Encore we strive to provide a superior service experience for every guest and your constructive feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address all your concerns, in particular about the early closing of the bar and the food running out on breakfast. This is not our usual level of service and I will ensure the Team members are made aware that this is unacceptable, to prevent this happening in the future.

Again, I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Ramada Encore Milton Keynes where we can serve you better in the future.

Stafford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stayed for a week 19th 23rd November 2012 room cold air con not workig told reception they gave me a fan heater..ok. The laminated floor make such a noise i didn't won't to walk on it very cold as well, shower was like a stand up bath the water did not run down the drain just under the toilet and toke all day to dry out. The tv chose was shocking only 4 channels £79.00 a night. The breakfast was always cold and not replenished to keep it nice just the hard scrambled egg got a turn every now and again to hide the dryed out top. The waitress made you feel like( get your food down your neck and GO). Overall not very friendly just false. I had to pay for car park as well and could not get my car out before 6.30. Also the so called breakfast chef chatting to other staff in kitchen clothes when she should be monitoring the cold sloppy rubbish she serves up.

Room Tip: AVOID!!!!!!!!!!! IF you can but try to upgrade to the bin store for more pleasant company
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

At Ramada Encore, we strive to provide an excellent service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problems you experienced during your stay. I am very surprised and disappointed to hear the heating wasn't fixed during your stay, please accept my apologies. I will inform my Maintenance Manager to ensure that the bedrooms are checked and that this problem is rectified.

With regards to your comments about the buffet breakfast, I will investigate this matter immediately with the Food and Beverage Manager as this is not our usual standards of service and I am sorry that you felt unwelcome during your trip.

I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes where we hope to serve you better in the future.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed here last week and had a fantastic deal at £37.50. The design of the shower could be better though,the slopped floor is supposed to stop the water going all over the floor but it does not. television selection is poor and needs to be updated. Sadly not a fan of laminated flooring.
The breakfast was really good.

The heating kept coming on in the night and waking me up !

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you for commenting on the great deal you booked on and I am pleased to hear that you found the breakfast to your expectations. Here at Ramada we take pride in our team and service so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience.

I am sorry to hear that you experienced some shower drainage issues in the bathroom when showering. This wet-room power shower is an asset to the hotel but thank you for bringing to my attention that there can be slow drainage. I will ensure that Housekeeping are cleaning the drains of any blockages and will keep your feedback in mind for any future changes we make to the bathroom floor. Thank you for your feedback on this issue.

Iver, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I booked to stay at the hotel as I was going to a friend's birthday party at the Xscape complex in Milton Keynes. I was originally planning just to stay Saturday night however got such a good price via booking.com that I booked for the whole weekend (I got the equivalent of the second night free). Any concerns I had that this was cheaper than a budget hotel soon went at check-in where I was greeted by the very helpful night receptionist who looked after my bags whilst I went and parked in the car park. A word of warning that the car park is £10 a night: however this is locked overnight and is secure. You can park from 30p an hour on-street during the day near the hotel so if cost is a concern for you then you might want to take that option.

After I checked in I went down to the bar for a drink, however as I'd arrived quite late the bar was closed. I went down to reception to ask if there was anywhere nearby I could get a drink and the receptionist promptly re-opened the bar to serve me (a first, for me anyway!)

As other reviewers note there is a Wetherspoon's bar next door (and an All Bar One next to that) and with the Hub (which is a selection of bars and restaurants) on the other side of the hotel you really are in the middle of the action. Naturally this means there's a bit of noise through to quite late at night and as the hotel is such good value you do get a few inconsiderate guests making a noise but you can't blame the hotel for that.

The bedrooms are large and spacious - I've not seen a wooden floor in a hotel before and lack of a carpet did make me quite conscious about the people in the room beneath me but I didn't hear anything from above. The bathrooms are wetrooms which I quite like although I know they aren't to everyone's taste.

So why not five stars? A couple of things let the hotel down for me, the first being the exorbitant charge for WiFi. £12 for 24 hours is a rip off even if the access is unlimited but the 2MB you get for that here is extortionate. In my opinion that is just blatant profiteering - if the EU caps roaming mobile data at about 60p/MB, dropping to 16p/MB by 2014 then there is no justification for this kind of charge.

That said, I'd probably have still awarded five stars if it hadn't have been for the fact I had breakfast on the last day. For £10 I was expecting a fairly good selection, but I couldn't have been more disappointed. When I got to the hot buffet, available was a grilled tomato (singular) and 4 rather sad-looking rashers of bacon. These were eventually joined by some mushrooms, baked beans and sausages but the piece de resistance was the runniest dish of scrambled eggs I've ever seen. I'm used to at least a choice of eggs (whoever heard of a hot English breakfast without fried eggs) but I was told it was scrambled eggs or nothing. No black pudding, hash browns, or indeed any toast until they found some extra bread. Admittedly there was the usual cereal and a selection of cold meats and pastries but for a tenner I expect a pretty hearty cooked breakfast and felt rather let down.

All in all though this is a great hotel in an excellent location and all the staff were really helpful: just a shame about the brekkie!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

It is with pleasure that I read your evaluation of your experience at the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and that the hotel met your expectations. Thank you for taking the time to comment on the spacious bedrooms and how you enjoyed the wet-room experience.

It is also with pleasure to hear that the night receptionist was very friendly and helpful, I will pass your kind comments on to the team members. Here at Ramada we take pride in our team and service so thank you for taking the time to comment on this.

I was very disappointed to read your comments about your breakfast experience on the last day. With regards to the lack of selection I am surprised at this as the hot food available varies between eggs, bacon, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms and beans. I can only apologise that the scrambled eggs were runny, I will discuss this with my Food and Beverage department as this is not our usual standard of service. I am also disappointed about the selection of eggs, we do also have available hard boiled and soft boiled eggs and the team are aware that any requests for different types of eggs can be made, if requested not in the peak time of breakfast service. Apologies that on this occassion the staff were unable to or did not attend to this request, I will ensure that this is re-enforced to the team members.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes soon.

Salerno, Campania, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Salve, sono stato in questo hotel pochi giorni fa. Abbiamo prenotato attraverso booking.com ed abbiamo pagato all'atto della prenotazione perché l'hotel non era rimborsabile. In fase di prenotazione abbiamo fatto esplicita richiesta di una camera matrimoniale. All'arrivo in hotel ci è stata data una camera doppia con letti singoli, attrezzata per disabili ( noi non siamo disabili), con la cordicina accanto al letto, un bagno enorme senza sponde e con lo scarico doccia otturato. Infatti facendo la doccia si è allagato l'intero bagno. In camera mancava il telecomando per la televisione. La camera era dotata di un solo asciugamano e la stanza era brutta ed arredata malissimo. Al sol vedere la camera con letti singoli, ci siamo recati in accettazione ed abbiamo mostrato la specifica sulla nostra prenotazione. Il ragazzo è andato dal suo manager. Il manager non si è degnato nemmeno di venire a scusarsi, ci ha solo fatto sapere che solo quello avevano. problemi nostri.
Inoltre per il wi fi ci hanno chiesto 10 sterline e per la colazione ne volevano circa 30 per entrambi. Uno specchietto per le allodole. sconsigliatissimo

Hi, I stayed here a few days ago. We booked through booking.com and we paid at the time of reservation because the hotel was not refundable. When booking we specifically asked for a double room. Upon arrival at the hotel we were given a room with twin beds, equipped for disabled (we are not disabled), with the rope next to the bed, a huge bathroom with no sides and with the shower drain is clogged. In fact, the shower has flooded the whole bathroom. Room was missing the remote for the television. The room was equipped with only one towel and the room was ugly and badly furnished. See the sun room with twin beds, we went in and we have shown the specific acceptance on our reservation. The boy went to his manager. The manager has not even bothered to come to apologize, he just made ​​it known that only one they had. Our problems.
In addition to the wi fi asked us £ 10 for breakfast and it took about 30 for both. A red herring. DO NOT GO THERE

Room Tip: cambiate hotel
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Ramada Encore, we strive to provide an excellent service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problem on check in with your reservation. Unfortunately from your reservation details it appears that you have reserved a promotional rate reservation which does not guarantee room types. I am sorry that you were expecting a double bed, as you had requested this, but unfortunately with this type of booking on-line the hotel can only honour requests if we have the availability. It appears on this occasion we were fully booked and no doubles were available.

With regards to the issue with the bathroom and the shower flooding please accept my sincere apologies. I am very surprised to hear that this wasn't fixed during your stay. I will inform my Maintenance Manager to ensure that this bedroom is checked and that this problem is rectified for the future.

I hope we will welcome you back to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes where we hope to serve you better in the future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is very well located for my needs and I've stayed here a few times, however, some negatives that don't appear to be improving or addressed by the hotel would be:
Very poor selection of free TV channels.
Creaking floor boards in bedrooms.
Poorly explained heating / air con system.
Overpriced WiFi in bedrooms.
Overpriced Parking in hotel garage.
Excessive noise in hallways from 6.30am onwards - poor overall noise insulation in bedrooms.
Efficient and functional staff but reception staff in particular lacking warmth and personal attention.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visits to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, I was very disappointed to hear that you experienced some issues during your stays. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies that the floorboards were creaking and the air con system is unclear. I will meet with my Maintenance Manager to assess the rooms and make any necessary adjustments.

Thank you for bringing to my attention your comments about the WiFi prices and lack of TV channels. I will note this for any future changes or refurbishments we make to the Internet and TV system.

Regarding the parking prices, unfortunately this is a private car park and the parking prices are out of the hotel's control which is why this cannot be reduced.

It is with pleasure to hear that you like the location of the hotel and found the staff efficient. Here at Ramada we take pride in our team and service so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience.

Garry Cruise

Been to Ramada Encore Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!