“Good location, average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Encore Milton Keynes

You added Ramada Encore Milton Keynes to your Saves list
Ramada Encore Milton Keynes
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   312 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 2EA, England   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
London, United Kingdom
“Good location, average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is very well located for my needs and I've stayed here a few times, however, some negatives that don't appear to be improving or addressed by the hotel would be:
Very poor selection of free TV channels.
Creaking floor boards in bedrooms.
Poorly explained heating / air con system.
Overpriced WiFi in bedrooms.
Overpriced Parking in hotel garage.
Excessive noise in hallways from 6.30am onwards - poor overall noise insulation in bedrooms.
Efficient and functional staff but reception staff in particular lacking warmth and personal attention.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visits to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, I was very disappointed to hear that you experienced some issues during your stays. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies that the floorboards were creaking and the air con system is unclear. I will meet with my Maintenance Manager to assess the rooms and make any necessary adjustments.

Thank you for bringing to my attention your comments about the WiFi prices and lack of TV channels. I will note this for any future changes or refurbishments we make to the Internet and TV system.

Regarding the parking prices, unfortunately this is a private car park and the parking prices are out of the hotel's control which is why this cannot be reduced.

It is with pleasure to hear that you like the location of the hotel and found the staff efficient. Here at Ramada we take pride in our team and service so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience.

We looking forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes soon.

Garry Cruise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Regrettibly I stayed here because a colleague had already chosen this place.  The place seems fine at first but lots of niggles let it down. The iron didn't work.  The toilet seat wouldn't stay up.  When I flushed the toilet the pipes made an embarrassing almighty loud moan for five minutes.  The pillows were lumpy, my alarm call request wasn't honoured and the scrambled eggs were of the yucky powdered variety. Altogether a bit lousy! The hotel was full, indicating they're doing healthy business, in fact all the hotels in Milton Keynes were full that night (another colleague tried booking last minute)  I guess hotels don't have to try if demand exceeds supply!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, I was very disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ramada Encore, we strive to provide an excellent service experience for every guest and your feedback is very important to us. I would like to confirm that we are taking the appropriate measures to address your concerns.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problem in your bedroom with the toilet seat and flush. I am very surprised and disappointed to hear that this wasn't fixed before your stay. I will inform my Maintenance Manager to ensure that the bedrooms are checked and that this problem is rectified.

I hope we will welcome you back to the Ramada Encore Milton Keynes where we hope to serve you better in the future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights while on a business trip.

The hotel is in walking distance to the train station, shopping malls, grocery stores and restuarants.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant, food and service were great.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I'm glad you enjoyed you stay in my hotel. We at Ramada Encore we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night. Booked with booking.com and got a really good deal. Hotel is close to main shopping centre and is by "The Hub" with its restaurants and bars. Room was clean and modern. Not keen on wooden floors in the room, but just a personal thing. Bathroom was a wetroom with shower only. Again clean and modern. Bed was comfortable. No noise from the nearby bars but some noise from people coming back to there rooms late at night, wish they would be more considerate of other guests. Not the hotels fault but a bit annoying at 2.00am. All in all, a good stay, would defiantly book again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you had a great stay. Thank you for commenting on the clean and modern rooms.

It is also with pleasure to hear that you booked a really good deal online. Here at Ramada we take pride in our team and service so thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience.

Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Reception staff were not over friendly and I thought £10 to park the car overnight a bit expensive. The booking confirmation was for a twin or double and i'd forgotten this when checking in, when we got to our room it was a twin, it wasn't a problem to change but i thought they may have asked us our preference when checking us in.

The hotel bar was bright, loud and not at all relaxing. We stayed here for one night after a trip to the theatre and thought it would be nice to have a nice relaxing night cap at the end of the evening, not so.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor. I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the atmosphere in the Bar, the lighting is dimmed in the evening so that it is not as bright. I will ensure the team are still doing this moving forward so that our guests feel comfortable in this area. Regarding the parking prices, unfortunately this is a private car park and the parking prices are out of the hotel's control. There is also alternative parking on Midsummer Boulevard that our guests can use.

We hope to welcome you back to Ramada Encore Milton Keynes where we hope to serve you better in the future.

Vienna, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

On one hand, The best persons there are cleaning ladies they do their job really good. People in the reception was polite also (if they are not managers) The location of the Hotel is also in the best place of the city, many shopping amenities were nearby.

On the other hand, I have stayed for about four week in this hotel. In general it looks like a communist era hotels in eastern Europe (I have upload a picture from under the sink in WC).
- As far as you go up in the hierarchy staffs getting more helpless.
- Rooms are suffering from a number of problems.
- Twice there is an insect in my room and I report it to the reception, no response came back.
- Once I have ordered an ice cream from the restaurant the taste was really bad and I can't finish it, despite my strong appetite.
- I make a comprise with Hotel staff about the price to extend my stay, but when a manager came, they are very inflexible and change it. Especially there is young gentlemen there as a manager, when he get aware that I can't change my place for the rest of the remaining nights he doubled a price for one night without giving any reason !!!

The prices they add to their

Room Tip: - Internet costs per hour 5£ and per day 11£. You can simply go downstairs to use it for free on fir...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ramada-Encore-MK, General Manager at Ramada Encore Milton Keynes, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I apologise that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. With regards to your comment about our pricing strategy, our rates increase due to the demand in Milton Keynes. We always ensure that we are in line with our competitors. Please be assured that the Manager on duty did not double the price because you needed the room. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact myself on 01908 545500.

Again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused to you and I hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Ramada Encore Milton Keynes in the future.

Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was my second stay in a Ramada Encore and it seems to be a good brand that's filling a gap between a travelodge and a standard 3/4 star hotel. The check in and out was very smooth and the room was clean and comfortable. I love the simple wet room layout and the level of comfort in the rooms. There was some plaster damage in the bedroom that had been repaired but nobody had bothered to repaint it which was a shame as that gave the feeling that the hotel wasn't being maintained or cared for.

All in all a good place to stop, eat and rest. Hope the standards are kept high and the hotel is maintained as I'd stay again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I'm glad you enjoyed you stay in my hotel. We at Ramada Encore will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Thank you for also commenting on the smooth check in and check out process.

Thank you for bringing to my attention the problem in your bedroom with the lack of care for the re-painting of the ceiling. I will inform my Maintenance Manager to ensure that this is rectified.

Garry Cruise

Been to Ramada Encore Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!