“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Accra
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently stayed in the Jurys inn hotel for two nights and was quietly surprised about how good it was. Basically had no complaints whatsoever about the hotel. Rooms were good and I was given a room on a high floor (10th floor) which I had requested so had fantastic views over Milton Keynes. Hotel is very convenient for the station and has lots of places to eat around it. Breakfast was good in the hotel. The hotel offered everything a hotel needs to provide for a good stay very well and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on a high floor have wonderful viewa
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jurys-Inn-MK, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear 149LisaP,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is a pleasure to read such positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Deirdre Connolly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Room
The double room was very tidy and looked brand new. Temperature was just right (you can also adjust it). Wifi signal in the room was superb. The bedding was extremely comfortable - I have not slept this well in years. Only let down were the towels which were a bit stiff. The rooms come with a hairdryer. One further issue was that my room was right by the boiler room or something like that which created a bit of noise at all times of day. I personally did not mind this, and I'm sure if I would have asked, they would have moved me to a different room.

Breakfast
Breakfast buffet was the same each day, but still a sufficient variety to choose from (and the food was so great you didn't want it to change anyway). Full English breakfast, continental breakfast, bread rolls etc. Perfect start into the day.

Wifi
They offer a slow free wifi, and a premium wifi at broadband speeds at a very steep £10 per day (Vodafone can hardly get GPRS signal, so forget browsing on your phone). I immediately got 1 hour free wifi when I complained about the bad cell coverage and the steep prices for wifi, so at least the staff is very welcoming and helpful.

Hotel
Atmosphere was great. Everything was very clean and nicely decorated. The staff was great. They even gave me a plate, knife, fork, spoon and a napkin when they saw I got take away from a restaurant. There are loads of great restaurants within a 3 minute walk. Have a look at "Modern Tai", "Aqua" and "Turtle Bay", I enjoyed these the most.

Room Tip: First floor is for events, so I'd say go for a room on floor 3 and upwards if you can. Not sure...
Dear Sebastian P,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I am delighted to read about your pleasant experience here with us in Jurys Inn Milton Keynes.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jurys Inn Milton Keynes.

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Despite the low temperature (I'm from Brazil !!!!) when you left the front entrance, turn right and right again and you will find a lot of good restaurants and cafes and some good spots to eat and drink. From the high level menu and excelent wines up to a good sandwich and beer !!!
Walk little bit more (15 minutes) and you can reach a mall with many (really many) options to eat again. The hotel itself is very good, room and breakfest very reasonable, and staff very very glad in make you confortable. So don't think and book it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jurys-Inn-MK, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Ernesto B,

Thank you taking the time to post your review after your most recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the hotel to be in a convenient location.
I do hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Jurys Inn Milton Keynes.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I booked this hotel on a business trip and it was a comfortable hotel , great size of room and very modern, the evening meal I had in the restaurant was enjoyable as was the breakfast, the only downsides were the ironing board I requested as it was past its best and wobbled all over the place,I thought £150.00 was a bit steep as it is not Manchester or Edinburgh, not so sure it was worth it

Room Tip: I was on 5th floor and it was fine
Dear Danermag,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jurys Inn Milton Keynes. We are always happy to receive feedback from our guests. I am glad that you found the room to be comfortable and that you had an enjoyable dining experience in the hotel. I am sorry that the ironing board was not satisfactory, I have passed your comments on to our housekeeping manager to follow up. I am disappointed that you did not feel that the hotel was value for money.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail.

deirdre_connolly@jurysinns.com
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We just had our wedding here (19th October 2013) and it was perfect for what we wanted. We had the ceremony and the reception at the hotel and many of our guests complimented the hotel and staff.

The first floor is perfect for wedding with a really flexible space. I am suprised that they don't do more weddings here as they offer very good value for money. The wedding breakfast was lovely, the evening buffet plentiful and the bacon sandwiches at 11pm very welcomed!

Everything we asked for, Jury's did and the manager on the day - Vijesh (sorry if I have spelt your name wrong) was brilliant and made sure everything was as it should be.

Seriously if you are thinking of having your wedding in Milton keynes, go and speak to Jurys (ask for Sarah as she knows what's going on!).
It is also so much easier having everything under one roof especially if you have guests with children.

The bedrooms were absolutely fine and very clean (it's not the Ritz but we're not paying for the Ritz! ) and the breakfast was lovely.

I am giving the rating of 5 not just from me but on behalf of many of our guests that gave such positive feedback about Jurys Inn, the food, the staff and the bedrooms that it is the least they deserve!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Jurys-Inn-MK, Operations Manager at Jurys Inn Milton Keynes, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear 7JosieM,

Thank you so much for reviewing Jurys Inn Milton Keynes, we are delighted that you had such an enjoyable day. I have passed on your kind words to Sarah, Vijesh and the team. It was our pleasure to be involved in your special day. We wish you both all the best in the future and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Evesham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My room is cold, dark and grubby. The carpet is dirty and the work area is sticky with some spilled drink from a previous guest. The room is about as inviting as a run down private hospital room. The shower curtain needs replacing and the towels are hard and frayed. The meal in the restaurant was the worst I gave ever had. The pan fried pork loin was so salty I couldn't finish it. I was so hungry I are all of the dessert, a sticky toffee pudding that was like a tasteless brick. I have never felt the need to review a hotel before and I stay in many throughout the year as I travel on business regularly.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Linda 5708,

Thank you for taking the time to review Jurys Inn Milton Keynes. We are always happy to receive feedback from our guests. I am very disappointed to read about your poor stay with us. I can assure you we take feedback from our guests very seriously, I have passed your comments on to the releveant department heads and would like to apologise on behalf of the hotel for the poor experience which you have had with us. I would be delighted to speak with you directly should yu wish to discuss your stay in further detail.

deirdre_connolly@jurysinns.com
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Jury's Inn was a good choice because it was conveniently located a 5 minute walk from the train station, Milton Keynes Central. Also very close to the bars in the Hub. The rooms are simple but clean. The bed was comfortable and there is a full length mirror, great for when getting ready.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear loving2travel1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are always happy to receive feedback form our guests. I am glad that you found the hotel to be in a convenient location and that the room was to your satisfaction.

Deirdre Connolly

Been to Jurys Inn Milton Keynes? Share your experiences!