“Room with a view” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Chippenham, England, United Kingdom
“Room with a view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, nice room overlooking the lake.A good nights sleep -nice and quiet at night, but a little too warm for me. Tasty breakfast which was much appreciated, as we got back late and only managed a pint and a bag of crisps the night before!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
PIMKManagement, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Michelle Y,

Firstly thank you for writing us a review on the TripAdvisor website recently.

I am glad to hear that the team here made your stay a welcoming one as we pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and making guests feel as if they are in a home away from home.

Although we are not affiliated, only co-joined by buildings, with the Lakeside pub next door. I have passed on your comments about the breakfast you had, and unfortunately they do stop serving food at 10pm daily but we have a number of takeaway menus behind reception should you stay with us again and arrive after 10pm.

Again thank you for the time taken to write us a review and we look forward to you staying with us.

Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I booked Premier Inn at Willen Lake, last minute, and what a pleasant surprise we found when we arrived, the view over the lake was absolutely gorgeous, the double room was very spacious,spotlessly clean and a real treat to sleep in such a comfortable bed. The breakfast was also great, plenty to choose from and as much as you want or as little as you want, all staff at this hotel were really nice and helpful, would definitely recommend this hotel and location

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Linda M,

Thank you for your recent review about your stay during July on the TripAdvisor website.

I am so glad to hear that after booking to stay with us on such short notice, that you had a very nice say at Willen Lake and that the team here looked after you while you were with us and that also you experienced the amazing views of Willen Lake from your room.
I noticed that you stayed with us in July and enjoyed the beds during your stay, we have since had 41 brand new Hypnos branded mattresses installed in all rooms so your next stay with us, and any other Premier Inn hotel, will be even more comfortable than your last one.

I am also going to pass on your comments to The Lakeside Pub management in regards to their breakfast options and quality.

Once again thank you for your review and the team here at Willen look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

we found willen lake to be a great location for milton keyns and bedford areas .it was a good hotel and the service was good .the bar and resterant next door was good value ,it is a grill type bar reserant but the value was good.the lakeside walk is stunning

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Dear Graham J,

Thank you for taking the time recently to write a review about us on the TripAdvisor website in regards to your recent stay.

We’re glad to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay but took in the amazing views and walks around Willen Lake also, and i have passed on your comments to The Lakeside next door, but if you would like to write them a review you can at

Again thank you for your kind comments and the team here at Willen Lake Premier Inn look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Team Leader.
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice, professional, helpful staff. Excellent breakfast, with special fried bread not on menu. Rooms spotless but perhaps a little tired. Next for refurbishment? Car park needs a £4 charge overnight in practice - not the hotel's doing.

Room Tip: Main building hasn't got a lift despite all rooms being upstairs. You may want to ask for the an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PIMKManagement, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Allan_G_P-W,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about us at TripAdvisor.

I am glad that your recent stay was an excellent one and I have passed onto the management at the Lakeside@Willen the comments about the excellent breakfast and service you received throughout your stay, and on a personal note I also will be enquiring into what this "special fried bread" is as I’m intrigued by this as I did not know they offered it.

I have passed on to my team your comments that they helped make your stay here enjoyable too, as this team pride themselves that we can deliver the best customer service in Milton Keynes at Premier Inn Willen Lake, and we look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just had the one night there. Room was absolutely fine with a nice balcony.

The restaurant was very good and the meal I had excellent value, as was the wine. Breakfast next morning was again excellent value - lots of choice on the bits and pieces and a really good cooked meal.

The really impressive thing for me was the staff. The receptionist could not have been more helpful when I arrived, helping me with the badly behaving parking machine (not the hotel but the council charge you for parking there). The staff in the restaurant in the evening and in the morning were all very pleasant and helpful.

Would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MarkW79, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear ThemaceSomerset,

Thank you for your recent review online at TripAdvisor.

Firstly thank you also for your kind words in regards to our team here, we aim to make sure our guests that stay with us experience the best customer service around Milton Keynes, and its nice to know when me and my team have done so.

If you remember the name of the staff member that gave you the excellent service during your stay, please contact me at the hotel where I can make sure that staff member gets to know they made your stay enjoyable and reward them as such.

I have also, on your behalf, informed the co-joined restaurant (The Lakeside@Willen Lake) manager that his staff there also made your stay at Willen Lake Premier Inn a happy one.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us a review and we look forward to you visiting us soon

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We 1st stayed at the WILLEN LAKE PREMIER 8yrs ago and had the most fantastic stay, so much so that we promised ourselves we would go back. on our 10 anniversary we went back to willen lakes premier Inn and had the evening from hell. The reception staff were brilliant when we got there at 2pm. We went for lunch and then a walk around the lake and then back to our room where we sat on the balcony and looked out over the lake. At 8pm we retired back into the room where the nightmare began. The room was infested with spiders. not just a few but loads. we could hear them dropping on the floor from behind the curtain, there were over the ceiling over the walls and even on the bed. it didnt matter how many we killed they just kept on coming.
I went down to reception and asked to be moved and was told that there were no room available but they would give us some insect killer to spray in the room and we were by the lake so we should expect some spider. !!! Poor poor answer and at £74 a night I would not expect to have to sleep with a few spiders let alone a room full. In the end my wife and I decided to leave the hotel and drive the 140 miles back home at midnight. The whole anniversary was ruined. I will never ever stay at the WILLEN LAKE PREMIER INN again and nor will i recommend it to anyone either. all said and done other premier inns we have stayed at have been brilliant and still in my mind offer the best nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

MarkW79, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear PJP, Firstly I would like to apologise on behalf of myself and Premier Inn. I certainly do not feel we met our own high standards on this occasion. I will of course be discussing this with my team to ensure we deal with issues better in the future. Rest assured we have resolved this issue and will not be a problem again. I have spoken to the receptionist who you did not feel took your issue seriously. They are mortified that you feel that and offer sincere apologies. That was not their intention at all.

I understand your stay has been refunded, if it has not please contact the hotel direct on 01908 678534.

I would like to assure you we have taken this seriously, I have personally given my team my authorisation, that if the hotel is full to offer guests alternative accomodation. At our expense.

Again I would like to unreservedly apologise and would hope this will not stop you using Premier Inn in the future.

Regards Paul Hyde, Cluster General Manager, Premier Inn
Basingstoke, hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at this Premier Inn twice when seeing the local attractions and have enjoyed our stay on both occassions.
It is in a beautiful location, right on the lake and also has a restaurant attached which is fab for a meal in the evening.
We were greeted by friendly staff on both occassions and they couldnt do enough for us, allocating the nicest room for us including a room on the lake with a balcony on our second visit, accomodating early check in and when they couldnt on the second occassion the Manager phoned as soon as a room was available.
The rooms are well equipped and comfortable and reasonably priced for such a lovely location.
Its annoying you have to pay for parking but thats down to the owners of the lake and area not them and so that is the price you pay for being in that location.. worth it in my view!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkW79, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear BlondeEm1986,

Thank you for the wonderful review on the TripAdvisor website in regards to your recent stay with us.

Yes, it is a shame that as you stated the car parks are owned by the Parks Trust and not by us, which means a cost to staying guests using the car parking facilities.

Yet the team here at Willen Lake are proud to be able to offer the excellent views of Willen Lake and also the local attractions that we have close by within Milton Keynes.
Also the fact that you can get a view of the lake from your balcony of Willen (even numbered rooms only I might add), which can be a beautiful thing to behold first thing in the morning, and is definitely a bonus for us here and for any guest who gets to experience it.

I also will be passing on your comments to The Lakesides management on your behalf, and hope that you will come visit us again soon.

Best wishes

Team Leader.

Been to Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake? Share your experiences!