“Lovely staff” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Milton Keynes
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Very nice, professional, helpful staff. Excellent breakfast, with special fried bread not on menu. Rooms spotless but perhaps a little tired. Next for refurbishment? Car park needs a £4 charge overnight in practice - not the hotel's doing.

Room Tip: Main building hasn't got a lift despite all rooms being upstairs. You may want to ask for the an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
PIMKManagement, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Allan_G_P-W,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review about us at TripAdvisor.

I am glad that your recent stay was an excellent one and I have passed onto the management at the Lakeside@Willen the comments about the excellent breakfast and service you received throughout your stay, and on a personal note I also will be enquiring into what this "special fried bread" is as I’m intrigued by this as I did not know they offered it.

I have passed on to my team your comments that they helped make your stay here enjoyable too, as this team pride themselves that we can deliver the best customer service in Milton Keynes at Premier Inn Willen Lake, and we look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Team Leader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Somerset
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Just had the one night there. Room was absolutely fine with a nice balcony.

The restaurant was very good and the meal I had excellent value, as was the wine. Breakfast next morning was again excellent value - lots of choice on the bits and pieces and a really good cooked meal.

The really impressive thing for me was the staff. The receptionist could not have been more helpful when I arrived, helping me with the badly behaving parking machine (not the hotel but the council charge you for parking there). The staff in the restaurant in the evening and in the morning were all very pleasant and helpful.

Would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MarkW79, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear ThemaceSomerset,

Thank you for your recent review online at TripAdvisor.

Firstly thank you also for your kind words in regards to our team here, we aim to make sure our guests that stay with us experience the best customer service around Milton Keynes, and its nice to know when me and my team have done so.

If you remember the name of the staff member that gave you the excellent service during your stay, please contact me at the hotel where I can make sure that staff member gets to know they made your stay enjoyable and reward them as such.

I have also, on your behalf, informed the co-joined restaurant (The Lakeside@Willen Lake) manager that his staff there also made your stay at Willen Lake Premier Inn a happy one.

Once again thank you for taking the time to give us a review and we look forward to you visiting us soon

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We 1st stayed at the WILLEN LAKE PREMIER 8yrs ago and had the most fantastic stay, so much so that we promised ourselves we would go back. on our 10 anniversary we went back to willen lakes premier Inn and had the evening from hell. The reception staff were brilliant when we got there at 2pm. We went for lunch and then a walk around the lake and then back to our room where we sat on the balcony and looked out over the lake. At 8pm we retired back into the room where the nightmare began. The room was infested with spiders. not just a few but loads. we could hear them dropping on the floor from behind the curtain, there were over the ceiling over the walls and even on the bed. it didnt matter how many we killed they just kept on coming.
I went down to reception and asked to be moved and was told that there were no room available but they would give us some insect killer to spray in the room and we were by the lake so we should expect some spider. !!! Poor poor answer and at £74 a night I would not expect to have to sleep with a few spiders let alone a room full. In the end my wife and I decided to leave the hotel and drive the 140 miles back home at midnight. The whole anniversary was ruined. I will never ever stay at the WILLEN LAKE PREMIER INN again and nor will i recommend it to anyone either. all said and done other premier inns we have stayed at have been brilliant and still in my mind offer the best nights sleep.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

MarkW79, Guest Relations Manager at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear PJP, Firstly I would like to apologise on behalf of myself and Premier Inn. I certainly do not feel we met our own high standards on this occasion. I will of course be discussing this with my team to ensure we deal with issues better in the future. Rest assured we have resolved this issue and will not be a problem again. I have spoken to the receptionist who you did not feel took your issue seriously. They are mortified that you feel that and offer sincere apologies. That was not their intention at all.

I understand your stay has been refunded, if it has not please contact the hotel direct on 01908 678534.

I would like to assure you we have taken this seriously, I have personally given my team my authorisation, that if the hotel is full to offer guests alternative accomodation. At our expense.

Again I would like to unreservedly apologise and would hope this will not stop you using Premier Inn in the future.

Regards Paul Hyde, Cluster General Manager, Premier Inn
Basingstoke, hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed at this Premier Inn twice when seeing the local attractions and have enjoyed our stay on both occassions.
It is in a beautiful location, right on the lake and also has a restaurant attached which is fab for a meal in the evening.
We were greeted by friendly staff on both occassions and they couldnt do enough for us, allocating the nicest room for us including a room on the lake with a balcony on our second visit, accomodating early check in and when they couldnt on the second occassion the Manager phoned as soon as a room was available.
The rooms are well equipped and comfortable and reasonably priced for such a lovely location.
Its annoying you have to pay for parking but thats down to the owners of the lake and area not them and so that is the price you pay for being in that location.. worth it in my view!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkW79, Team Leader at Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear BlondeEm1986,

Thank you for the wonderful review on the TripAdvisor website in regards to your recent stay with us.

Yes, it is a shame that as you stated the car parks are owned by the Parks Trust and not by us, which means a cost to staying guests using the car parking facilities.

Yet the team here at Willen Lake are proud to be able to offer the excellent views of Willen Lake and also the local attractions that we have close by within Milton Keynes.
Also the fact that you can get a view of the lake from your balcony of Willen (even numbered rooms only I might add), which can be a beautiful thing to behold first thing in the morning, and is definitely a bonus for us here and for any guest who gets to experience it.

I also will be passing on your comments to The Lakesides management on your behalf, and hope that you will come visit us again soon.

Best wishes

Team Leader.
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We use Premier Inn a lot and it was good value, £60 for 2 nights. It was quiet and we had a good sleep on both nights. The staff on reception were very pleasant and helpful and the room clean. We unfortunately had no view of the lake (Room 1 family Room) which was a bit disappointing as we had booked it months previously however we had not asked for one either. The breakfast in the attached restaurant we tried on our second morning. It was ok, not as good as most Premier Inn Breakfast we have had in the past. We arrived about 8.30am. By then the milk was warm and choices were limited and had not been refilled. There was only one member of staff trying to do everything from clearing tables, to waiting at the tables, etc etc. It did seem very unfair that she had no help throughout the half hour we were there. Only at 9.00pm did she receive extra support. Come on Premier Inn, make sure there are two on duty at all times when serving breakfast!

Room Tip: Just ask for a Lake view if possible on booking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Eirian1812,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Trip Advisor website and writing a review about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry to hear about the experience at the co-attached Lakeside restaurant and unfortunately we do not control the staffing as we do not own The Lakeside, but will be looking into that in the future and discussing it when I meet with the General Manager next, so thank you for bringing that to our attention.
But I will also be passing your comments onto the management team in regards to the breakfast issues you had on that morning.

As for the balcony issue, all I can think of is that as you may have booked for 2 adults and 2 children, we perhaps thought to give you our larger room just to make it a bit easier, however we can always accommodate if you require a lakeside facing room, please do not hesitate to contact us when you make any future reservations and request a "room with a view" which we will be more than happy to do for you.

Again thank you for your review and I look forward to having you visit us on another occasion and having an improved breakfast experience.

Fareham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

excellent staff,very nice room,,the girls were very helpful,we had a excellent breakfast and the girls made sure we were well looked after ,high praise to all the staff,even the room maid said a cheery good morning ,highly recomend this hotel

Dear Peter M,

Firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on the TripAdvisor website.

I'm very glad to hear that your stay was a pleasant one and that you had a good experience of the hotel and co-joined Lakeside restaurant, and have passed on your comments to the management there on your behalf.

Also, you mention that you received some excellent customer service while staying here? If you would be able to contact the hotel, possibly with the name or names of the staff members who made your stay such a good one, as I would like which member of my team it was, so I can let them know they had done an excellent job in looking after you while you were here.

Once again thank you for writing the review, and all the team here look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Willen Lake and Milton Keynes.

Dale Bridge.
Leicester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Please don't let previous reviews of this hotel put you off. The location is first class and the food and service at the attached Fayre and Square was great and therefore much improved. The only drawback was the disabled facilities bathroom which had a shower over the bath Instead of a wet room.

Dear 147Jules1557,

Thank you for your review of the Willen Lake Premier Inn on TripAdvisor, and i will be passing on your gracious comments on to the co-attached Lakeside restaurant.

I am also glad to hear that you had a good stay with us and I can only apologise on behalf of PremierInn that the bathroom facilities here are perhaps not that which you’re accustom to.
We do, as a hotel, have slightly different layouts due to the age of our building compared perhaps to other Premier Inns, but I will be passing on the comments to the department that deals with this, but I do not believe there are any plans afoot to change the style of the disabled rooms in the near future.
Yet I hope this does not put you off staying with is in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to write the review and we look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Best wishes

Team Leader.

Been to Premier Inn Milton Keynes East - Willen Lake? Share your experiences!