“Great stay and warm welcome in a really comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Peartree Lodge Waterside
Peartree Bridge, Milton Keynes MK6 3BX , England   |
Ranked #14 of 36 Milton Keynes B&B and Inns
Malvern
“Great stay and warm welcome in a really comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Last minute booking so was delighted to find such a warm and efficient welcome. My waterside room was very comfortable, warm and spotlessly clean also great TV and fast WiFi. Overall great stay in a well located and great value for money hotel.

Room Tip: As for a waterside room if you'd like a view of the canal and boats - quieter and makes a change
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I came across this hotel on booking.com some 7 months ago and I am still here now during the week for business. I was always welcomed by the lovely receptionists who always had a beaming smile no matter what time of day it was. As for the room itself it is very clean, never have I once moaned at anything for that matter. Free wifi, good sized TV and a comfortable sized room with modern decor in bathroom.

One thing that stood out for me is that the building was always warm during the winter months and made me rush home from working on site all day to relax on the big double bed.

I would definitely recommend to all as it is en route to the city centre for shoppers (5mins drive) but also 5 mins in other direction is the business side of MK which was brilliant for me. All chain restaurants a stones throw away such as Nandos + Frankie and Bennies which helps but for those healthy ones out there, Tesco and Subway are in the same retail park.

I ate in the adjoining carvery as there are no cooking facilities and enjoyed it only fault there was limited variety of food which is understandable but it was always lively and seemed popular. When I say adjoining it is close but far enough away so that noise won't affect you.

Top quality run hotel with all staff genuinely wanting all its customers to have an enjoyable stay rather than the chain hotels just sucking money out of people.

Very cliche but I cannot fault the place. Stay here if you want too want a reliable hotel after a hard day's work or shopping.

Last of all, thanks to the pear tree staff for accommodating me for the last 7 months. I only hope on the next project I am on the staff and hotel match this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Plenty of parking
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very nice place to stay. Great location very close to the city centre, very pictureque view from room overlooking a marina. Room and hotel very clean. Staff very friendly. Great value for money. Excellent facilities in room. Good value. Would recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Wigan, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here as it was close to work. Rooms very clean and comfortable, bed very big, and great facility. Free wi-fi, handy pub next door with good basic pub food. A bit of a drive into central MK, but quiet location. Will definitely stay here again. Very good value - only slightly more expensive than other budget hotels, but 5 star in comparison

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Gravesend, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

If you enjoy eating, drinking or smoking then this really is not the place to stay! The motel/camp is physically attached ( although run as a separate business ) to a really grubby pub and is the eating/drinking facility for this venue. It offers a very cheap carvery which resembles prison food and is well worth a miss. Moving on to drinking, the beer was good and very cheap ( £3.14 for a pint of Stella ). However this seemed to attract the local great unwashed who smelt fantastic compared to the stench emanating from the gents which forced us to move seats. The reason for the awful stink was a leaking urinal which had been 'fixed' by placing an ice cream tub under the dripping u bend. Judging by the tide marks in the tub it had been fixed this way for some time.
On to smoking, the motel runs a strict no smoking policy which is normal these days. However I was unaware of the smoking agreement that my girlfriend had signed on check in, from here the story becomes bizarre! Whilst I was in the room on my own I stupidly decided to have a crafty cig out of an open window as it was lashing with rain, ensuring that smoke didn't get in the room but yes, I was breaking the rules. Later we went out in search of decent food and on our return I was ordered to phone the manager who informed me I had incurred a £150 fine as I had been spotted by one of ze guards smoking. I had not seen or signed a smoking agreement. I confessed under interrogation. My mortal sin of smoking affected no other guests or staff ( my girlfriend didn't even smell it on return to the room! ). I'm sure I'm not the first smoker, nor will I be the last, to do this given that there is no covered area outside. On pointing this out the fine was reduced to £75. I was later persued in the car park by Herr Flick for a repeat interrogation and fearing she may consign me to the cooler I agreed to pay and beat a hasty retreat to my car to escape. I can only hope that the £75 is put towards a covered area for my fellow smokers.
If you are unfortunate enough to be billeted here please, please visit Ye Olde Swan where food and drink is superb and you can smoke in a heated, dry shelter.
Needless to say I will never return to Ze Peartree Lodge aka stalag 17.

Room Tip: Odd numbers have a view of the marina others have no view.
Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
JuliaSmith4832, Owner at Peartree Lodge Waterside, responded to this review, October 18, 2014
In respect of this review we would like to say that we take our ‘Fire procedure’ very seriously. Along with the rest of the hotel this has been newly upgraded and we are serious about maintaining the standards of non smoking for our hotel for the safety of everyone and all our lovely guests who stay with us.
Our non smoking policy was signed by the person who checked in on behalf of this room which we would expect to be followed, for the safety of everyone. The fact that this guest has admitted to having ‘A CRAFTY CIG OUT OF THE OPEN WINDOW’ speaks for itself.
Their comments regarding the breakfast has been passed onto the management of Peartree Bridge Inn which has been located adjoining us but is completely ‘SEPARATE BUSINESS.’ The carvery is ‘what it is’ but it is excellent value. Further, in our ‘checking in greeting we do explain our other local dining options for our other locations within 5-10 minutes away.
Scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

The lodge was perfectly comfortable for a night or two. Not luxurious by any means but the bed was comfy and bathroom was clean with a nice deep bath and plenty hot water. Take your own toiletries - those supplied are not too good.There is enough desk space to work at and free wifi which is great. A nice big TV. Fabulous canal walks nearby. It's not the lack of lighting in the car park I would worry about - it is the lack of lighting and no barriers at the canal side! See photo.
The carpeting is pretty old and grubby and the windows were soaking with condensation - so a few wee things needing upgraded. Room 218 looks over the dustbins and carpark.
The attached restaurant is not good. Cheap (about £4 for a main) but the evening 'all you can eat' carvery food was all dried up. Same with breakfast pretty dried up food even at 7.30am and you are not offered cereal or juice etc you have to ask specifically. It is £7 for breakfast booked via the hotel and £3.95 for cooked buffet if you just go in though you would have to pay extra for tea/coffee/cereal etc. It could be fabulous quite easily I think - the canal /marina side location has to be a winner.
On a very serious note - I would ask that the receptionist does not loudly advertise your room number on check in. As a lone female guest it was a bit disconcerting to have that happen when the reception area was full of (mainly) men waiting to check in. Other hotels are very careful about this kind of security. This would I think be useful for all guests not just women. Thanks.

Room Tip: Well don't go for 218 and it's neighbours which has a lovely view of the dustbins, a garage...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have previously stayed there and found it very good.
It is very clean and tidy, has enough space and free wifi and parking.
Only downside was that the staircase was painted and there was a very distinctive smell in that area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Peartree Lodge Waterside? Share your experiences!