“I welcome the introduction of Pizza” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Prosecco Ristorante Italiano

Prosecco Ristorante Italiano
402-404 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes | Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes MK9 2EA, England
01908 677 265
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 399 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“I welcome the introduction of Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife, younger daughter and I gave Prosecco a try last week (February 25 2013) after learning that pizza had at last been introduced to the menu. The Monday/Tuesday night special offer (any pizza or pasta main course, plus a drink - beer, wine or soft - and a dessert for £9.90) had caught my eye that afternoon. Service is good, the staff are friendly, the restaurant looks warmer and more welcoming than in its previous incarnations as Marcello's and L'Artista, thanks to a few minor changes. It wasn't crowded but there were people at a few tables just after 6pm on a Monday night. I had the pizza quattro formaggion, and it wasn't really to my taste, if I'm being honest, but my wife said her pasta dish and younger daughter said her pizza bufalino were very good. We had a very friendly chat with the owner and the executive chef (someone you certainly wouldn't complain to about a dirty fork!) and said we'd certainly be back. The opening hours are a bit limited, from 6-10.30 Monday to Saturday, but I'm seldom out that late so it doesn't bother me overmuch.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

stevechris06
“Well worth a visit in my opinion!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Really pleased we tried this place, having seen that this relatively new italian restaurant had opened we decided to give it a go and can't wait to go back. The service was lovely, having been to Italy it could very well be that you are sat in a restaurant in Italy as they really take a lot of effort with attention to detail and making sure you are happy whilst supplying authentic Italy food at good prices.

I am incredibly hard to please, just see my previous reviews yet the only fault I can make which is not even a fault but that I think they could dim the lights a little more to have a more subtle lighting but apart from that it was perfect.

Food was brilliant, they dont have a huge menu showing every thing is fresh and thought out and it shows - its delicious. While we waited we were given a selection of freshly made bread, which about 4-5 different breads with oil - it was amazing!!!!

We had the meat platter with cheese which was more than generous and scummy!! We both had the prawns in cognac which again left us wanting more but getting full already we were saving ourselves for dessert as previous reviews suggested the tiramisu was worth a look.. Well if you like tiramisu you won't be disappointed.

The staff who work there clearly take pride and want their customers to be happy. When we settled our bill we each received a limecello and biscotti which was a nice thought again, plus we hadn't brought change so wanted to leave our tip on the card machine and unlike most restaurants which leave the machine on asking for that tip, they don't and we had to ask to add it. The fact they don't expect it and force it on you makes for a much better experience.

Rarely can I give 5 stars but I have no choice, well worth breaking my diet for!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I would highly recommend this restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Super food, very large portions so good value for money, great service, very accommodating (asked for something not on the menu). It was spotlessly clean. All round good restaurant! One of the better Italians on offer in Milton Keynes! Will return with confidence!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Definitely the best Italian restaurant in Milton Keynes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My partner Nikki and I have eaten at Prosecco's a number of times. We have always been impressed by the staff's attention and their Italian charm. They employ a number of ethnic Italians. They buy fresh products and make their own bread, pizza, pasta and dessert. I always have a laugh with the waiters. The food is excellent with some free items thrown in such as bread and Limoncello drinks. The new owner Carmine is one of the friendliest people I've ever met. It's a fairly new restaurant. The prices are very good value for money. I wish them all the best. They really deserve to succeed.

• Visited January 2013
Buckingham
“What a great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We were heading for Pizza Express at the CBX and chanced upon Prosecco. And, yes folks, the good news is that at last Milton Keynes has an upmarket Italian. Sure it costs a bit more but I've given up trying to find something wrong...it's straight fives all the way. The "free" bread at the start was both unexpected and scrumptious and the pizza dough managed to combine softness with tastiness and crispness. Everything was spot on... attentive and friendly waiting staff, beautifully made food, and a very nice Chianti house red toboot. I thoroughly recommend you try Prosecco.